It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370: Malaysian PM tells passengers’ families missing plane crashed in Indian Ocean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Families of passengers of missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 have been informed that the plane ended its journey in the Indian Ocean, effectively ending their hopes of a miraculous survival. Malaysia’s Prime Minister Najib Razak gave the information in a televised press conference at 15:00 CET. The presser came after three new sightings of possible debris, with France as well announcing yesterday that its satellite sighted possible wreckage from the plane in the southern Indian Ocean. This comes after Australia and China also made similar announcements.

MH370: Malaysian PM tells passengers’ families missing plane crashed in Indian Ocean

Well here they are.... they have said it crashed now to the families...

Why they don't know yet but it looks like it did crash.... this is not a good ending for these people...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

He's probably speaking while having data which isn't public. To say this he'd better be really sure. Time for the families to mourn.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Information supplied by British satellite company Inmarsat and the UK's Air Accident Investigation Branch, shows that the aircraft's last known position was in the Southern Indian Ocean.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by vkey08

He's probably speaking while having data which isn't public. To say this he'd better be really sure. Time for the families to mourn.

He told the families first, without the cameras and then made a public announcement.. from what I have been reading and watching.. I am sure at this point they know exactly where it hit..

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Malaysian PM speaking:

PM NAJIB RAZAK’S PRESS STATEMENT ON MH370

24 MARCH 2014, 10PM

This evening I was briefed by representatives from the UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB). They informed me that Inmarsat, the UK company that provided the satellite data which indicated the northern and southern corridors, has been performing further calculations on the data. Using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort, they have been able to shed more light on MH370’s flight path.

Based on their new analysis, Inmarsat and the AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth.

This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.

We will be holding a press conference tomorrow with further details. In the meantime, we wanted to inform you of this new development at the earliest opportunity. We share this information out of a commitment to openness and respect for the families, two principles which have guided this investigation.

Malaysia Airlines have already spoken to the families of the passengers and crew to inform them of this development. For them, the past few weeks have been heartbreaking; I know this news must be harder still. I urge the media to respect their privacy, and to allow them the space they need at this difficult time.

ENDS

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
SMH.....

Sounds like a desperation story...

I don't buy it

Just saying...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
SMH.....

I don't buy it

Just saying...

I don't think so, sometimes an accident is just an accident, and that's very well what this may be, we just don't know the Why's yet...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

First off, I would like to send my heartfelt sympathies to every family member of every passenger aboard flight 370.

While the press conference has made it easier for the family's to begin the mourning process, it still has left a lot of room for speculation. The statement that the Prime Minister made was not that the plane had "crashed", only that it had been "lost". Also they stated that the data confirmed the "Loss" of flight 370 "beyond a reasonable doubt" instead of "conclusively". With more info being released tomorrow, it will be interesting to hear what the confirmatory data is, and the depth of these findings.. I truly hope it is not a case of circumstantial data leading to the abandoning of a search...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wonder what it was doing all the way out there...pilot disorientation, failed instruments?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

they still don't know anything and they're trying to make this go away now.

The final nail in the coffin is letting all the familys know their loved ones are dead.
In a month there will be no fuzz about this and I really think we will see this plane again if not this year but in 2015.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
SMH.....

I don't buy it

Just saying...

Me neither if i'm honest.

I know these are people's lives we are talking about but it's been 2 weeks of stories, terrorism, false sightings, reminds me a lot of a story about the boy who cried wolf.

At this point - I just don't believe anything they say.

edit on 24-3-2014 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

So sad. I hope this doesn't mean all hope is lost :-(

au.news.yahoo.com...

Love and prayers to those who had loved ones on board

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

If they've found wreckage positively belonging to MH370, then the next phase of the search should be an exhaustive search for the flight data recorder.

It should have an underwater radio beacon that lasts about 30 days.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I really feel for the families. This isn't closure. At All.

If I had a loved aboard that flight, I wouldn't give a rat's a** about the PM announcing that they all died in the Indian Ocean.

Proof please?? THAT is what I'd be asking. Then How and When? Anything else than that is just blindly closing the case. I would want to know if it was an accident, a hijacking, a terrorist act, some country shot it down...WHAT???

Those families are just supposed to buy this without a word? Really?

I really feel for them and I do hope that they just don't quit.

This isn't closure. Not one bit.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by vkey08

If they've found wreckage positively belonging to MH370, then the next phase of the search should be an exhaustive search for the flight data recorder.

It should have an underwater radio beacon that lasts about 30 days.

One repost I saw said that a DSRV and the Black Box locators are on the way... that I would assume means they have a search area for that.. like Son said, I would love to know WHAT and WHY ...

+7 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I call BS.

They're basing this information on new analytical concepts...concepts of which have never been used in such an investigation before.

When we look at this, the only evidence we have are a couple of grainy satellite photos, eye reports of potential debris in the Indian Ocean, and an analysis technique allegedly placing MH370's last location being in the Indian Ocean...

They need more evidence to convince me...right now, it stinks to the high heavens.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wonder how it is they can make such a definitive statement. Did they actually find something, or are they talking out of their butts?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i am hearing rumours about a link to the dead marines onboard the Maersk Alabama.

I propose there was a dirty bomb onboard the Alabama or other radioactive material. The ex marines were assigned to monitor it and report back to the CIA/NSA on its movements. They were assigned to intercept it or destroy it whil;st it was onboard the Alabama, they failed and the agency took them out.

The cargo continued on its journey eventually ending up onboard MH370, the agency seen an opportunity again to seize it, the took the plane and landed at Diego Garcia, the Cargo was unloaded and MH370 sent flying south easterly until it ran out of fuel and crashed in the area currently being searched.

The cargo meanwhile was flown to the US where it was destroyed hence the strange plume reported.

Passengers and crew on MH370 were gassed maybe the pilot was in on it and had a gas mask stowed in cockpit. given where the wreckage will be found it is impossible to say all the bodies will be found, the pilot will be living a new life in the seychelles.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
While it's certainly been an odd story and the Malaysian Gov have hardly been forthcoming with their info, I think it's been pretty obvious since about day 3 or 4, that this plane crashed and that there was very likely no survivors.
Reading some of the conspiracies (while some were plausible) was just embarrassing really.

Anyway, hopefully they recover the black box so we know exactly what happened and hopefully this tragedy can really be put to rest.

RIP to all the passengers and crew.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This is Crazy!

Essentially they are saying because the trail went cold at this point, that must mean the plane crashed at that point....

This discounts any of the anomalies that brought the plane to the spot they said it crashed in in the first place.

I think this is an attempt at closure by the authorities and is based upon nothing more than a financial decision, in other words it's costing them way too much money to actually try and find the plane, and they can't explain what happened so they are calling off the search and drawing a line under it.

If it did land somewhere it will be dealt with by the intelligence community from this point forward.

Peace,

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join