It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All of the art could be depicting humans in headdress's and comets/meteor showers in the sky. Or just ancient Gods they thought of. Egyptians believed in Anubis. Does that mean there was really half-canine people walking around since they made art depicting such?

How would any logical conclusion end up with this being "ancient aliens"? People are creative.

Absolutely.

As I said in a previous reply, some of this stuff could just be fable. Look at the Sumerian pieces. Most of it is based upon their examination of self, and their examination of human existence.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good god man, I have never seen so many people so rigorously defending a bunch of ambiguous rock art, hoaxes and paintings of Halley's Comet before in my life.

The ambiguous rock art could be anything from over-active imaginations to prophetic visions of American Idol and 80's fashion to visitations from alien gods. It really has just as much of chance to be any of those, as any other. It's silly to be so dead set on something so ambiguous.

Furthermore, since when has art ever been solely focused on telling life's story? It hasn't. Art is an abstract of the mind and imagination, expressed through the manipulation of available resources. Basically, you are simply entering the imagination of the artists, not necessarily the reality of society.

On another note, you have the paintings and tapestries of the middle ages, that are simply depicting the sighting of Halley's Comet, which was visible in the year 1066 and ultimately resembles rocket-ships and flying-saucers in the art work that catalogs the incident. If they were simply recreating a comet, yet we intepret that as alien visitations, then we have to ask ourselves, "what else are we misinterpreting?"

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The crucifixion drawings have been Debunked a while ago, I believe. They're nothing out of the ordinary and remain to be a very common trait in crucifixion illustrations.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Section31

please show me these writings left behind by the artists from 7,000 b.c. etc. or any writing left behind explaining why they painted the wired object in the picture and what it is meant to resemble, then we can put that painting out of the 'picture' .

Since there is a mess of this information, you would need to go to college and study art history, architectural history, and archeology. Information is available, but you need to find it yourself. There is just too much information to examine. I cannot sum up twelve art history course for you to understand it effectively. Do you have four to five years? I don't have the time.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/]

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kcomplex

[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/]

Hmm... Inspired by the color-field theory?

Have you see the Dada art pieces? They would send you laughing on the floor.

www.lilithgallery.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

have you done this art course? if you have not then how would you know? if you have then you can tell me or just show the part where they artist said what was in the painting, i don't need 12 years to understand what a artist said?
so which is it?
edit on 9-10-2010 by lifeform11 because: ferther wprds to explain my point better

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

have you done this art course? if you have not then how would you know? if you have then you can tell me?
so which is it?

Didn't you hear what I said? You are talking about an examination of this time period, which would take many years out of my life. I told you that I have taken such a course. As a matter of fact I have taken a good twelve art history classes, which expand from 20,000 BC to Post-Modern. There is way-way too much information to summarize for you. Sorry man. Do it on your own time.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I know we have butted heads at least once, but to heck with that!

A++ Thread Woo!

Of course, you know, I have to be angry still. Now I have alot of reading to do! And I am lazy, you should know better than that!

(Thank you, I wish I had something of substance to add!)

Oh, I have something!

I seem to remember reading, here, that the Abbados hieroglyph was a hoax...However, since I am the only one who seems to remember this I must be wrong.

There, that is all the substance I have right now!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You're all worked up and talking nonsence. Relax...Breathe...Use spellcheck. I will explain my position to you again so you won't have to resort to silly analogies. The OP posted many great examples of ART to help us understand his theory. Which is,

"I've reached a personal conclusion that Aliens were here long ago, and these visitations were misinterpreted as Gods coming from the heavens."

He continues to state,

"Now that we have a better grip on science, and we understand this Universe a bit better, it's possible to look back at what our ancestors have left for us, and re-analyze things, to question what mainstream history would have us believe."

And also,

"You can only come to grips with what all the evidence is ultimately suggesting, if you look into it with an unbiased attitude."

Before we go any further, I want to say I did watch the special the the History Channel that delt specifically with the "Ancient Astronaut" theory which used many of the same example as the OP. Keep in mind that you cannot use concepts in art to prove or disprove science. Let me just remind you exactly what "art" is.

en.wikipedia.org...

In short, art is the product or process of deliberately arranging symbolic elements in a way that influences and affects the senses, emotions, and/or intellect.

Every exhibit the OP gave was symbolic through different media. Do you think the painting of Jesus Christ with the UFO in the background was an accurate depiction of what Jesus Christ actually looked like? Do you think the Artist that pained it saw Jesus in the 15th century? So if the Artist didn't actually see Mary watching over Jesus and John the Baptist while a UFO hovered behind them, then perhaps he saw this event in a dream? We really don't know for sure what inspired any of these works of art. To say that UFO's are real because they appreared in the sky of a painting (oil on canvas) in the 15th century is a little too ignorant for me.

There are many examples left behind from our past that have no definitive explanation. Wait until the OP brings up places like Puma Punku. But to say a gold figurine is a UFO and it can't be a bug or a fish is not open-minded. It is the gold figurine in conjuction with hundreds of other examples that lead to the conclusion that UFO's may have been visiting us for a long time. But the key is "may have".

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Was this art piece inspired by aliens?

Fountain: Marcel Duchamp

Duchamp is one crazy artist. I wonder if he was inspired by ET?

It looks like a capsule to a spacecraft. It has wings.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

STAR and FLAG!!!

I am an avid believer in the Ancient Alien theory, even did my college thesis on this and got an A+

I believe that as people start to question religion, they will make the questions. Its not that the bible was fiction, its just that the characters and events were of an extraterrestrial , advanced nature.

Bravo!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

so it is impossible to link the part where the artist said what the object is or why he painted it, i don't need a 12 year course to read what a artist said. if you have done the course you could easily link the part where the artist said it. if you cannot then you are expecting me to do what skeptics complain about? take your word for it, with no evidence.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

so it is impossible to link the part where the artist said what the object is or why he painted it, i don't need a 12 year course to read what a artist said. if you have done the course you could easily link the part where the artist said it. if you cannot then you are expecting me to do what skeptics complain about? take your word for it, with no evidence.

It told you to do your own research. You don't have to take my word for anything. Most of the research you need to do is offline, so your not going to find much on the internet. Go to your local college library. Don't be lazy.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
First off, I would like to say Great thread to the OP. I have enjoyed reading it and researching a bit for the past hour or so. I do like the debunk videos and believe that they hold a lot of truth... but if just one of those pictures, statues, carvings is legit... i am happy. And reading this thread makes me happy.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I'm dumbfounded, not by your post so much, as I was aware of this information, but because I have just finished putting a file together for my students and it is an almost exact replica of your post. I also have gone on to cover, legends, earth structures and technology in my file so I can't wait to see what you have in your next post. Syncronicity? Morphic resonance

Great work - Am I being egotistical?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think this is a very interesting thread and i have really enjoyed looking at the images. i find the japanese one with the small oval shaped iron object the most interesting for some reason. i guess its because of the the strange symbols on it that imo has some resemblance to the symbols that jim penniston jotted down in the notes he took while he observed a similar object (in terms of size) in rendlesham forest for 45 minutes at the beginning of my favorite ufo case. Its not just the images that are similar but the object itself to me looks like it may be similar to the one he described touching.

My overall view is that its impossible to prove any of these images are depictions of extraterrestrial visitation. I'm sure if a decent researcher wanted to he could find lots of ancient art that apparently depicted 'fairies' or 'giants' or other fantastical phenomena. If you look hard enough and you have the right convictions you will find what you need.

wish you the best!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Originally posted by airspoonFurthermore, since when has art ever been solely focused on telling life's story? It hasn't. Art is an abstract of the mind and imagination, expressed through the manipulation of available resources. Basically, you are simply entering the imagination of the artists, not necessarily the reality of society.

Many pieces though out art history were focused on capturing the 'here and now'. On the flip side, many pieces were about capturing 'the here and now', but through non representational means. At the center of all art pieces was an art movement, which had a certain set of goals (manifesto of a sorts). Some seeking to capture everyday life (Antiquity & Impressionism), and others trying to capture emotions (Expressionism & Modern).

Originally posted by KcomplexMy overall view is that its impossible to prove any of these images are depictions of extraterrestrial visitation. I'm sure if a decent researcher wanted to he could find lots of ancient art that apparently depicted 'fairies' or 'giants' or other fantastical phenomena. If you look hard enough and you have the right convictions you will find what you need.

This I can agree.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

seeing as though this information cannot be added to the information of the O.P. regardless of if i have time to go to where you claim all this information to be(offline, conveniently), then there is no way to prove in this thread what these artists were thinking or why they painted the weird object, was it creativeness or recording history? nobody knows expect those who claim to know but cannot back it up unless they expect us to do a very unskeptical thing, just take their word for it. therefore my point still stands for now, nobody knows what these artists were thinking when they painted their pictures or if they were being creative or just painting something they saw.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

Life Form,
I could not agree with you more .
I believe individuals who just deny for the sake of denying and continuously attempt to find "rational and logical explanations" for every challenging question, are ultimately entrenched with fear of not being in control of their environment. And they are not in the position to give an alternative or speculative and objective line of thought or response to a question beyond their boundaries of knowledge and comprehension without being ambiguous.

If somebody had said 30 years ago to a world renowned scientist:
"I'm going to create and build something called a 16GB micro memory card approximately 1cmX1cmX1mm in size" and then suggested to him:
"I will then proceed to put inside this miniature device the equivalent of 30,000 books containing 2000 pages each, the entire collection of the BBC music archives and every published edition from the past 40 years of all the newspapers printed in the UK".... they would have locked you up and thrown away the key! assuming you've been smoking too much whacky backy or popping all kinds of strange pills...
Why would academics do that? simply "Because so much information can not possibly fit on such a small device"...but it does.. we know now!
The conception and thought processes, knowledge and understanding of people who have researched ancient civilizations and of what may have transgressed in the past is the same as the guy with the idea of the micro memory chip, the only difference being we are looking back in time and not into the future.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join