It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Texas Instantly Shuts Down Anti Israel Protests

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   

edit on 27-4-2024 by CriticalStinker because: Dbl

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: TheWoker
Have you seen a prof being tackled by the fascist police state or did you not?

I see a moronic Hamas hugging useful idiot trying to interfere with the
legitimate arrest that the police were carrying out. And for that she got her
butt arrested as well. And rightly so. It was her own fault.

Her own fault? What's the crime, Sherlock?
Arrested for what exactly, some trespassing bollocks that wont stand in court?

Looks like a clear case of excessive force, they're likely going to get fired as well. And rightly so, that's their own fault.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

White House condemns Columbia University protest leader's call for Zionists to die

www.msn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What the person said in that article is disgusting.

It’s not the only time I’ve seen someone wish for people to die. We’ve seen it on this website. I’ve called some of it out myself.

There’s a difference between saying people shouldn’t be arrested en mass and called terrorists for the things someone else said, and agreeing with them or their cause.

I can say people have the right to be wrong and repugnant without being sympathetic towards them.

You’ve taken this side before, I’ve seen it. Because the last ten years has had a lot of clashes between opposing extremists. We can say that people have the right to say stupid things outside of threats, and committing violence. It doesn’t mean we’re antisemtic, racist, or bigoted.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's not "wishing" or "hoping" for people to die.

That's weasel-#.

This is advocating for it, demanding it.

If this is what you're okay with, I wonder if you even have a line that can be crossed.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

If this is what you're okay with, I wonder if you even have a line that can be crossed.

Give me a break.

I was around before 2016, so I’m used to being called racist, bigoted, antisemitism, misogynistic, ect.

Making all kinds of these leaps so that the words of a handful of dumbasses makes all the students against the war across the country wishing and demanding the death of Jews. Then try to say I’m okay with it after I said it’s disgusting.

It doesn’t work DB. People have already used this playbook and it didn’t work then.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

A zionist ethno state is so 1890, at least they've got that right.

Quick question... do you always cherrypick single remarks in order to demonize a whole movement for tactical reasons, or is this just your fund-raising post free speech moment? Possible donors want to know.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Yeah, and I get called anti-free speech because I don't side with people want to kill all the Jews.

Whaaaah.

Sometimes a line has to be drawn.

Sometimes we have to remember that rights come with responsibilities. It's why 6 year olds aren't allowed the right to own guns.

They can't handle the responsibility.

And neither can the idiots who want the death of all Jews.

Sorry, it's my line.

Apparently it's not yours.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Quick question... do you always cherrypick single remarks in order to demonize a whole movement for tactical reasons, or is this just your fund-raising post free speech moment? Possible donors want to know.

I'm a Zionist.

Zi·on·ism
[ˈzīəˌnizəm]
noun
a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:16 PM
link   

So now in the future, anytime someone says they want a country we disagree with to win a war, that’s not their freedom?

Or if someone says that the police or military should just ice a bunch of protesters (which has been said about the right and left). Not free to say that?

What if it’s Muslims? What if someone says Iran should get glassed? Not free to say that? Or are they free to say it because it’s more agreeable seeing as it’s a dictatorship, people be damned?

Thing about a line, it’s got to be consistent.

I find it’s just easier to say people are free to say repulsive things so long as it doesn’t break the law. Personally, I don’t think the current laws on free speech need any more lines.

If I get too uncomfortable, I just don’t listen to them.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   

You're equivocating.

I defended Kathy Griffin with the Trump head.

But again, she didn't actually call out for people to kill Trump.

You've chosen your "side".

Own it I guess.

I have no problem owning my position.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

So. . . do you want to kill me?

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:22 PM
link   

protection of a Jewish nation

Israels political class did more to sabotage their own security within half a year than anybody else could. You would put up scathing critiques for this Cabinet of Horrors if you really were a Zionist with a spine.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Would you feel the same way if we had another pandemic, possibly more severe than COVID, and the police are required to enforce masks and lockdowns for indefinite periods of time?

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Israels political class did more to sabotage their own security within half a year than anybody else could. You would put up scathing critiques for this Cabinet of Horrors if you really were a Zionist with a spine.

Nice try.

Are you going to advocate for my death?

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Just keep advocating for genocide and someone will, I'd have to take you serious before I could hate you.

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You're equivocating.

You say before telling me I’ve picked a side.

All I’ve said is that all of the people shouldn’t be arrested and treated as if they made threats if they didn’t. If someone makes a direct threat, arrest them I don’t care.

If someone is in a different state, and didn’t say that, why should they be treated as if they did? Because they’re part of a cause that isn’t yours?

So let’s say the right were to hypothetically hold a protest against the border crisis. If Nazis showed up in one state to support the cause and said horrible things, can we just arrest all the people in every state protesting? Or am I equivocating again?

Maybe we should do that more before we give the government an inch and they take a mile. Sure has been trending since 01’

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If Nazis showed up in one state to support the cause and said horrible things

Context is key, innit? What happened if Kyle Rittenhouse provoked a tough police state response to counter far right terror? You think our resident Rightwingers would be up in cheers, calling the Neo-Nazi protesters terrorists as well? How likely is that?

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 07:46 PM
link   

They're doing fine all things considered. Saudis and Jordan put their foot down against Iran. That says a lot. Obviously there's two levels to this.

There the vitriolic puppet level that antagonizes because it thrives on hatred and anger, and then there's the globalist one.

The one that has Saudi Arabia secretly wanting Hamas gone and Iran sequestered so they can take over stewardship of the Al Aqsa Mosque from Jordan.

It's not exactly an ethno state any more The USA, but there is much nepotism, like The USA. Arab Israelis make 3/4 what Jewish Israelis make, not dissimilar from the Western discrepancy between whites and their ethnic minorities.

I feel Palestine chose their government and quality of life in 2005.

If anything THEY made their experience worse by choosing this martyr brigade sh*t rooted in antizionism. Them and Hezbollah, Freedom fighters only if you're brainwashed.

From a purely military standpoint, and given the dense urban nature of The Gaza conflict, and purposeful use of civilian facilities for the war effort, Israel has done a phenomenal job.

I think The Saudis, Egyptians, and Jordanians know this and put up a front. The game of politics of Saudi aristocracy. They understand why they have yachts.

Israel throttles it down now. Iran gets slowly turned on, and IDF in Gaza stays until the goverment of Palestine accepts Israel's right to exist.

Hostages were raped and tortured, likely dead, and Palestine NEEDS the regime change to move on and resume peace talks. And not be considered internal enemy territory.
edit on 27-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I can't think of any time where advocating the death of Jews would be acceptable.

If "protestors" and posters (ahem) want to align with such a movement, then that is on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join