It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Of Young Ukrainian Men Trying To Flee The Country To Avoid Conscription And The War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMisguidedAngel

Ya can you imagine that the US investing $300 million into Ukraines Western border security to keep Ukrainians INSIDE the country while the US still. Has minimal security protecting the southern border as millions of people from all over the world enter the US WITH A GOOD chunk of them being gotaways?

How does that make any sense?

Why not do both?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
$300 million from our pockets to Ukraine border patrol, to (in part) keep young men from escaping the meat grinder by going over the border into Poland.

Source: twitter.com...

Not sure exactly what’s going on here but it doesn’t look good.

The caption states…

Ukrainian soldiers are defending Ukraine's and all of Europe's “democracy” by burying a man alive because he refused to fight in this proxy war.

t.me...

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Consvoli
. Americans and Canadians who are the same people but two different countries..

And therefore a war between them would not be a civil war.
And neither is a war between Ukraine and Russia.

Technically.

In reality it is a civil war.

Don't forget Ukraine and Russia were once part of the same country and if you have visited these two countries you can't say who is who when people speak the same language and look the same.

It's good when we are reminded who they are and how wrong this war is.
edit on 23-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS

originally posted by: WeMustCare
$300 million from our pockets to Ukraine border patrol, to (in part) keep young men from escaping the meat grinder by going over the border into Poland.

Source: twitter.com...

The caption states…

Ukrainian soldiers are defending Ukraine's and all of Europe's “democracy” by burying a man alive because he refused to fight in this proxy war.

t.me...

Is this true?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

No idea these days!

At the two or three second mark the Ukrainian patch is visible on digger’s uniform and it sounds like Ukrainian is being spoken but your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   

The caption states…

I too believe everything posted.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Is this true?

It is very true, a guy threw some dirt on a guy in a blue sweaty.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The caption states…

I too believe everything posted.

What does this mean?

Bottom line, the war is senseless and must come to an end. Many Ukrainians and Russians don't want to fight anymore and there is no gain to be made. Whatever it was to be gained by Russia was gained in territories and that's about it either we agree or not.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

No matter how often you repeat this obvious lie, it will not stop being a lie. Words have meanings. Ukraine is not the same nation as Russia like you're not a monkey although humans and monkeys have a lot in common. Still I assume you'd prefer to be referred to as a human, not as your monkey brother or sister.

As I'm not a native speaker of English, I can't really tell a difference between Americans and English. So if theoretically the US attacked the UK, that would be a civil war too? Your point is as absurd as that.

The nations who were at some point under the Russian rule know that Russia conquers other peoples by force. Nobody wants to be the part of the Russian empire out of "brotherly love". Others speak from the position of ignorance.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

IRAQ WAR 1 was justified. Afghanistan would had been fine IF we didnt try to regime build. Iraq is a self sustaining Gov now though so theres a partial win.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: twistedpuppy

No matter how often you repeat this obvious lie, it will not stop being a lie. Words have meanings. Ukraine is not the same nation as Russia like you're not a monkey although humans and monkeys have a lot in common. Still I assume you'd prefer to be referred to as a human, not as your monkey brother or sister.

As I'm not a native speaker of English, I can't really tell a difference between Americans and English. So if theoretically the US attacked the UK, that would be a civil war too? Your point is as absurd as that.

The nations who were at some point under the Russian rule know that Russia conquers other peoples by force. Nobody wants to be the part of the Russian empire out of "brotherly love". Others speak from the position of ignorance.

I don't say they are the same countries but it's still a civil war between Russians and Russian related people.

It would be a lie if you argue they have nothing to do with each other and these countries are somehow unrelated. Same people, more or less the same language, same faces.

It's absurd to make a comparison between the US and England and Russia and Ukraine, but you can try between the US and Canada.that are much more close to each other.

You haven't followed my posts I am afraid.
I am not arguing for the continuation of the war but the opposite and neither I admire Putin for the invasion of Ukraine. But given the facts the best possible scenario is for the war to stop straight away. There is nothing to gain further and on the top of this only some western 'elements' want to use it as a proxy war against Russia pretending they care about the people of Ukraine.

You can see from various sources online the many Ukrainians (and Russians) are not willing to fight anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

IRAQ WAR 1 was justified. Afghanistan would had been fine IF we didnt try to regime build. Iraq is a self sustaining Gov now though so theres a partial win.

All of them disasters.
History has been written and cannot be written again.

Iraq destroyed
Afghanistan back in the hands of the Taliban and everywhere else it hasn't been a great success. Do you remember Vietnam or Korea or you are too young?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

All of them disasters.
History has been written and cannot be written again.

Iraq destroyed
Afghanistan back in the hands of the Taliban and everywhere else it hasn't been a great success. Do you remember Vietnam or Korea or you are too young?

Iraq war 1 was a success. not a disaster. Kuwait was freed and Saddam made to surrender. And Iraq these days is a country ran by iraqis for iraqis,that is a success. Ahghanistan was not a total failure. for 20 years they were stable,but in those 20 years we did not hunt down the taliban supporters or terrorist in other countries.

Korea was and still is ongoing. its never been settled. Its a stand off.
Vietnam was thanks to russians giving weapons to the Viet kong through china. That was a political failure,militarily the VC were defeated and their own commander stated they were essentially done.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What does this mean?

It means why post something stupid just so people can say OMFG they are burying people alive? How about I make a 15-second clip that shows someone sitting on the ground and then I light a match so we can say OMFG they are burning people alive! geez

I'm starting to think you are a bot, you keep saying the same lines over and over. You want the war to stop so maybe go tell Russia to stop, it's that simple.
edit on x30Wed, 24 Apr 2024 14:58:04 -05002024114America/ChicagoWed, 24 Apr 2024 14:58:04 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What does this mean?

It means why post something stupid just so people can say OMFG they are burying people alive? How about I make a 15-second clip that shows someone sitting on the ground and then I light a match so we can say OMFG they are burning people alive! geez

I'm starting to think you are a bot, you keep saying the same lines over and over. You want the war to stop so maybe go tell Russia to stop, it's that simple.

What bot?
You have to see how you are repeating yourself when you argue the war must continue when you completely disregard the human cost. As I told you it's not your kids or grandkids who will fight and die.

Perhaps you need to pay more attention to the clip I posted and the way young Ukrainians are treated who had enough and don't want to be sent to their deaths in the fight against Russia. On the other side you would expect similar tactics.

I didn't know I had to deviate from my very reasonable position to argue the most unlikely scenarios. Most people will agree with me.
edit on 24-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You haven't followed my posts I am afraid.
I am not arguing for the continuation of the war but the opposite and neither I admire Putin for the invasion of Ukraine. But given the facts the best possible scenario is for the war to stop straight away. There is nothing to gain further and on the top of this only some western 'elements' want to use it as a proxy war against Russia pretending they care about the people of Ukraine.

So what is your nonpoint? That the Americans and Europeans are forcing the poor Ukrainians to fight? If they wanted to surrender, then they would. But there are people for whom there exist the values that are worth suffering and dying for. One of such values is freedom. Another value is love for one's homeland. It's hard to understand for people who have no respect for their own country, who live only to eat, sleep and go about their waste business like base animals.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Then again, in a war of this type, if people don’t believe that this type of thing is happening on both sides, they are fooling themselves.

Russians cutting off ears and zapping nuts, Ukrainians shrink wrapping people to lamp poles and beating them, Russians and Ukrainians executing prisoners, just to name a few examples.

This is a cross border war being conducted where people actually have their homes and families, not some Middle Eastern country half way around the planet that the US and the other Western Powers fight with little impact to their own society.

The poster isn’t correct that this is a civil war but nasty things are done when it close to home.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

This is a cross border war being conducted where people actually have their homes and families, not some Middle Eastern country half way around the planet that the US and the other Western Powers fight with little impact to their own society.

The poster isn’t correct that this is a civil war but nasty things are done when it close to home.

I'm not going to disagree. What would you do to invaders of your home that are basically destroying it inch by inch? Russia is firing off 10,000 to 20,000 artillery shells per day x 781 days and we are going to talk about what one or two soldiers did. Also, think of what many of the Russian soldiers were before on the battlefield, Putin is emptying out his jails. In all this, there is truly one person to blame for it all, and that is Putin. It doesn't matter where it ends up, or what anyone does...it's all on Putin for starting it and keeping it going.

Oh, Ukraine just needs to give up to end it...Give me a f'en break...

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:51 PM
link   

What bot?
You have to see how you are repeating yourself when you argue the war must continue when you completely disregard the human cost. As I told you it's not your kids or grandkids who will fight and die.

I'm not saying either way... I'm saying the power is in Putin's hands to end it, period.

Perhaps you need to pay more attention to the clip I posted and the way young Ukrainians are treated who had enough and don't want to be sent to their deaths in the fight against Russia. On the other side you would expect similar tactics.

I really...really...really don't care so say it 100 times more. There are 45 million in that country and your post is 1000s do not want to fight to save Ukraine, that is their choice they need to live with, as I said before. I also said you are talking about .0009% of the population and want to make it some main point. I also said there were close to 600,000 Americans that dodged the draft, so back to you...what is your damn point.

I didn't know I had to deviate from my very reasonable position to argue the most unlikely scenarios. Most people will agree with me.

I guess you made your point 10 times over, got anything else?

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

What bot?

I'm not saying either way... I'm saying the power is in Putin's hands to end it, period.

I really...really...really don't care so say it 100 times more. There are 45 million in that country and your post is 1000s do not want to fight to save Ukraine, that is their choice they need to live with, as I said before. I also said you are talking about .0009% of the population and want to make it some main point. I also said there were close to 600,000 Americans that dodged the draft, so back to you...what is your damn point.

I guess you made your point 10 times over, got anything else?

Your percentages there are random and don't represent the number of people who want to fight or not fight.

If you believe that everyone can fight or is willing to fight then you made a huge mistake. There are 45 million people but how many of them are not children or elders? How many young men are willing to fight? If SkyNews UK says gives a picture of desperation among young Ukrainian men then imagine what is really happening. SkyNews is a mainstream media.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join