It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Missile Strikes in Iran, Explosions in Syria + Iraq

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hearing @khamenei_ir is having a blast today on his birthday twitter.com...
Marco Rubio trolling Iran is pretty funny

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
And the story goes on...........Someone might write a book about it one day....

Reminds me of this.

edit on 18-4-2024 by gort69 because: woops

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unknownparadox
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

You're arguing out of your ass

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Sorry I burst your "the US needs the UN's permission!" bubble.

Now, back to the topic.

A lot of the outlets are referring back to a NY Times report.

NY Times doesn't exactly have stellar reporting these days. I wonder if they jumped the gun.
edit on Fri Apr 19 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a reply to: Boomer1947

Actually, we are the world police.

That is a self appointed role. I'm pretty sure nothing has went through the U.N bestowing that honor on us. It's more like we never met a war or potential war we didn't like. Rest assured if Iran does any damage to Israel, we will be right in the middle of it. And possible even if they don't.

The U.N.???

Are you f#cking kidding me?

Talk about a pathetic joke...

No one, and I mean no one, cares what they say or think - especially in light of recent events.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Wow your a blatant liar. I said no such thing no one said Iran would surrender from 1 air strike.

I confused your post with someone else's. Sincere apologies.

Edit: I edited the post on the previous page but I'll leave everything up. I can admit when I made a mistake.
edit on 18-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

a reply to: WeMustCare

IRAN's military can not cause much trouble for Israel or the USA.

I don't know if they can or can't. But the fact is. Israel is not a military power house by its self. The united states is what makes Israel military what it is.

That was true at one time but it hasn't been true in decades.

Israel is a military powerhouse all by itself and has been for 30 years or more.

And they are a close ally.

Like it or not, that's the way it is.

The world better get used to it.

The "world" is entitled to it's own opinion but it's not entitled to it's own facts.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The "IRGC video" Fox keeps showing looks like AAA.

Would you take ballistic missiles down with that?

Doesn't make sense.

This whole situation seems weird, like there is some bad reporting going on.

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Iran says no missile attack took place

Not that I trust Iran, but it's worth keeping in mind that a ton of world media outlets ran with the "Israel bombed a hospital" story in Gaza when it was completely unconfirmed, made an enormous deal out of it, and then all had egg on their faces.

Did the media just jump the gun on another unconfirmed report?

Some people think "it gets reported by so many outlets it has to be true" but they don't all independently confirm these stories, a lot of them are just copy/pasting # from a few sources, so once one of them gets it wrong the rest tend to get it wrong.

That's exactly how the hospital story got out of control.

Also worth noting that a few years ago during heightened tensions with the US, Iran got spooked and shot down a civilian airliner.

Was some kid flying a drone and Iran shot it down and everybody freaked out and started reporting it was the Israeli counterattack?
wtf is even going on?

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   
www.timesofisrael.com...

NYT report says attack targeted air base near Isfahan * Iran media: Nuclear facilities are ‘completely secure’ * Israeli, US officials remain at odds on possible Rafah op
that was the most recent i could find on this

posted on Apr, 18 2024 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

Israel can defeat Iran, but it would take more than a single large strike. It would take a campaign probably lasting weeks, maybe longer.

Here's the thing ...

The US Congress is currently trying to pass a bill that, among other things, gives Israel $26 billion to replenish the munitions used since the Hamas attacks. So far, Israel's expenses have gone towards attacking relatively unarmed terrorist positions, and defending against an Iranian retaliatory strike that they knew was coming. And some of those Iranian drones and missiles were intercepted by US forces.

$26 BILLION

How much would the US have to give them if they went on a full-scale assault of Iran? More importantly, why should we give them money? That is our tax money. WE NEED THAT HERE!

Full disclosure: As a former US sailor who remembers the USS Liberty, I am no fan of Israel and I don't think I ever will be. I am no fan of the current Iranian government, but I do have sympathy for the Iranian people. They would not be in the situation they are in now if the US hadn't installed the puppet Shah in the '50s.

But I am an American. And I'm tired of seeing men who have the courage to serve their country losing their lives and limbs fighting in some godforsaken jungle or desert that has nothing to do with defending their country. I'm tired of seeing my country careening towards bankruptcy by taxing hard working Americans to enhance profits for bankers and arms manufacturers. I'm tired of losing our Constitutional rights based on false promises of enhancing our safety and security.

What I'd like to see is the US just butting out of the whole situation. Don't try to help either side, don't try to hinder either side. Just be neutral, for a change. Focus on our own problems. And if Iran and Israel want to annihilate each other, let them go for it. Afterwards, we'll only have to deal with one of them.

I know that won't happen. It may be in the best interests of the American people, but neither the US government, Iran, or Israel have the best interests of the American people at heart.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just 3 drones. They were shot down. Iran is indeed powerful, lol.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 12:22 AM
link   

But rest assured we will be policing the middle east, for years to come and it doesn't have anything to do with terrorist.

Actually it has everything to do with Terrorism

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 01:05 AM
link   
As of 4.19.2024

‘Biden looks weak’

Reporting from Washington, DC

Neither side has been listening to him.

Many responses from US Congress members have been largely supportive of Israel but also critical of Biden and in an election year this is not going to help him.

He is not exercising influence on the Israelis and not being persuasive with the Iranians as well.

Biden also tried to call for a ceasefire in Gaza and that hasn’t worked either – so this is not looking good on the US president.
Live Updates: www.aljazeera.com...

Joseph Robinette Biden = Worst U.S. President Ever!

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FamCore

I'm just concerned that in response to Israels actions, Biden will release another 8 billion to Iran for "aid".

Right after he has us build a port in Iran to unload all that cash for them.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So Biden says "DON'T" again...and Israel 'DOES'...again.

Seems about right.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Iran is showing they can strike anywhere in Israel with impunity, overwhelming one of the most advanced anti-air defense systems on the planet. At the same time showing the MIC that Iran isn't gonna go down like Iraq. We're not picking a fight with a bunch of goat farmers this time, these are descendants of the Persian empire. This **** isn't gonna go the way the MIC wants it to. Just like in Ukraine...

Iran is employing tactics the Russians developed in Ukraine to overwhelm our defensive systems and create holes in the iron dome for cruse missiles navigate through. It may look like Israel took out most of the incoming. But what we saw were Patriot and David's sling defensive platforms firing at decoy bomblets designed to confuse radars and rip holes in the dome.

7 of the 7 cruise missiles struck their targets.

Cost of strike package for Iran is about 65 million.

Cost to defend Israel from said strike package is about 3 billion.

No hypersonics were used and most missiles fired by Iran are around 7 years old.

Iran claims to have a strike package for every military base in Israel.

Those facts should tell anyone with an ounce of military knowledge that Iran could literally wipe Israel off the map in a week. Not only that but every American military base in the middle east is now a potential target.

The American military industrial complex is slowly waking up to the fact they don't hold global hegemonic power any longer...

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Iran is showing they can strike anywhere in Israel with impunity, overwhelming one of the most advanced anti-air defense systems on the planet.

Funny you say this...because Iran's embarrassing attack failed miserably.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
a reply to: FamCore

If Netanyahu had been brave/smart enough to kill 3 of these 4 HAMAS leaders 7 months ago, when he promised to, this escalation wouldn't be happening.

Four Men Are Responsible for HAMAS Ongoing: www.dailymail.co.uk...

You have been saying this in every thread you can sneak it into. You have been told a dozen times it's NOT POSSIBLE. The Hamas leadership is in Qatar and Turkey. Israel can't bomb those countries. Nor can they get assassins in to specifically target them. They are protected by the governments there and Turkey even said they'd go to war against Israel if anything happened to the Hamas leaders in Turkey.

Just stop. Netanyahou can't go after them in those countries. It's not possible.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Iran is showing they can strike anywhere in Israel with impunity, overwhelming one of the most advanced anti-air defense systems on the planet. .

???? How is Iran showing that? They launched 300 rockets at Israel, and Israels Iron dome, along with the USA, UK, France and Jordan knocked them all down. Iran failed. It was humiliating for Iran that even Muslim Jordan slapped them upside the head.

posted on Apr, 19 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Failed how?
He just outlined above how the attack showed defensive weakness, and cost them $billions in defensive weapons vs less than a $100mil in attack weapons.
Strategy was clearly shown here,

a reply to: CarlLaFong

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join