It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In which countries were witches burned most often?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

Why?

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Hopefully all countries burned witches.

What is a witch?

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Simply put.

A witch is a person, typically a woman, generally portrayed in folklore and mythology, who is believed to possess supernatural powers and practices magic.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Germany! What is their deal. It wasn't just witches...

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Daniidoom

Russia and China done far worse in this era.

Not that its a competition.

Then we have the likes of the Spanish Inquisition and crusades (both sides) to consider.

Pretty much a blood bath.
edit on 6-4-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Simply put.

A witch is a person, typically a woman, generally portrayed in folklore and mythology, who is believed to possess supernatural powers and practices magic.

Since the hunt they must have been seen as a threat. I remember something to the idea of them stealing people's children and eating them. Maybe they got the blame for the things mythical creatures did, who knows the stuff that happened back then. There must have been happening things back then someone needed to be punished for. Maybe really half eaten corpses of children were found back then and someone didn't like it and wanted vengeance and it all escalated quickly.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

Since the hunt they must have been seen as a threat. I remember something to the idea of them stealing people's children and eating them.

Which one there have been many?

Maybe they got the blame for the things mythical creatures did, who knows the stuff that happened back then.

Stab in the dark, that would be history and historical accounts.

There must have been happening things back then someone needed to be punished for.

Thats generally referred to as "false accusation" or "wrongful accusation" and equates to scapegoating.

Maybe really half eaten corpses of children were found back then and someone didn't like it and wanted vengeance and it all escalated quickly.

Where were they found and when is back then?

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I guess this is my moment to step away from the internet. Karma comes for those who search for it. Thanks for leaving me undisturbed for a while.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Unharmed

The problem with karma is some people accept it as deterministic fate.

They choose to believe that everything that happens to them is predetermined by their past actions in another life.

Which is quite frankly a rather fatalistic view.

And can lead to resignation and lack of personal responsibility for their actions and consequences in this life.

Im watching the game anyway Unharmed, but I've enjoyed the conversation.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Simply put.

Key point: Someone who is believed....

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Well that's all it takes in some cultures.

Our own included in the past.

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Scotland dealt with lots of witches. Still have them about the place

posted on Apr, 7 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: bigyin

In 1563 in Scotland the Witchcraft Act was brought into law and remained in law till 1736. The vast majority of those accused, some 84%, were women. During this time witchcraft was a capital crime and those convicted of witchcraft were strangled to death and then burned at the stake so as to leave no body to bury.

www.witchesofscotland.com...#:~:text=In%201563%20in%20Scotland%20the,leave%20no%20body%20to%20bury.

In this day of age you can find them in the Yellow Pages(Yell) as opposed to around cauldrons chanting "Double, double toil and trouble" all the same.

posted on Apr, 8 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I find it interesting that RT seems to just randomly pick topics where Russia looks good and, in this case, those mean old Germans killed 35,000 witches.

Since we are talking religion of some kind then I think it is on topic to say that...

In history’s bloodiest persecution of Christians, the Russian Communists murder millions.

Bloody Russia

Could be that the witches were the ones in charge in Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join