It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones Reinstated on X

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Poll Link

Elon Musk pressed with the matter of reinstating Alex Jones on X conducted a poll if he should do as such. The results were 70/30 in favor.

Having a public square for free speech in era where the vast majority of communication is taking place on the internet is critical and the right move.

If people like Jones don't have free speech, then no one has free speech.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well good..

Even if you disagree with his conspiracy ther—- spoilers… at least he keeps things stirred up..😜

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow is on MSNBC every evening doing her thing and she has free range to say what ever she pleases .

Alex Jones is well Alex Jones and he has the right to speak his mind on whatever he pleases .

I consider Rachel Maddow and Alex Jones the same just from different ends of the Spectrum.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If people don’t like him they could just not go to his page or seek out his tweets.

Even if he’s wrong much of the time, plenty of people on Twitter are. He’s no more damaging, and has said nothing more offensive than other people.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Rachel Maddow is on MSNBC every evening doing her thing and she has free range to say what ever she pleases .

Alex Jones is well Alex Jones and he has the right to speak his mind on whatever he pleases .

I consider Rachel Maddow and Alex Jones the same just from different ends of the Spectrum.

Alex Jones has been proven right about the crazy stuff he says a lot more than Maddow has been.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Alex Jones has been proven right about the crazy stuff he says a lot more than Maddow has been.

Exactly Maddow has lied more times than I can count .

Jones is loud and boisterous Yes and he talks about wild things YES . But it is disturbing how often his Wild theories are correct.
edit on 10-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I wish the really old Joe Rogan interview with Alex Jones was still up. That one is so funny. They get super stoned and drinking whiskey and Alex Jones's face is beat red yelling into the camera that the alien/UFO thing is fake and it's really an interdimensional battle between good and evil. He goes off it's hilarious, there used to be remixes of it.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sendhelp

You can still find it on YouTube.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If people don’t like him they could just not go to his page or seek out his tweets.

You're clearly an extremist...

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Really? I've searched and searched before, please post the link.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sendhelp

Here you go.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Poll Link

Elon Musk pressed with the matter of reinstating Alex Jones on X conducted a poll if he should do as such. The results were 70/30 in favor.

Having a public square for free speech in era where the vast majority of communication is taking place on the internet is critical and the right move.

If people like Jones don't have free speech, then no one has free speech.

And now the advertisers get to exercise THEIR free speech and pull out again.

You see, it's not free speech just what you can say. Where your money goes is also part of free speech. Citizens United said that the corporations have a free speech right to donate as much money as they want to in political speech, which is protected speech.

So if donating money to political campaigns is free speech, then spending your own money any way you wish to is most definitely also free speech.

I support Elon Musk's and Alex Jones' free speech, and I also support everyone else's free speech rights to not associate with them in any way, financially or otherwise.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I like listening to Alex Jones but I cannot take the outpour from X of his return like its the 2nd coming of Christ.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:04 PM
link   
will he be paying the monthly verification fee for his free speech?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Do you carry the same attitude toward advertisers on MSNBC, CNN etc?

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Mahogani

Do you carry the same attitude toward advertisers on MSNBC, CNN etc?

Absolutely.

That was actually what I was going to add in my post above but it got too long. I was going to say the same applies to any advertising. And I was going to use MSNBC as an example.

If I don't agree with MSNBC and I don't want to advertise on MSNBC, nobody can make me. Not in a free country. If I don't agree with FOX and don't wish to reach that audience, that is my choice and my money.

Free Speech only applies to what the government says you can or cannot do. The government can't infringe on it. What private companies do is up to them. And then the free market decides whether they like it or not, and whether they want to buy there or not.

Free market economy.

If a private company wants to boycott Russian, or Israeli or Palestinian goods, it's their company -- they get to decide what to do. Then the market decides whether they want to keep shopping there. If COSTCO, for example, said they did not want to carry Israeli goods any more, the people would then get to decide if they wanted to keep shopping at COSTCO or not, but nobody could order them to stop. *just an example*

Freedom of choice.

edit on 10-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

You're clearly an extremist...

I’ve been accused of worse.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's why we need to prohibit pharma companies from advertising drugs on TV.

The legacy media's add revenue is 80% pharma, cut that off and they shut down within weeks. We'd see a dramatic increase in general health of the country.

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
He is more right than wrong, but I still don't watch him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join