It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archiving selected UFO threads from ATS as PDF files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have been on this site for years and cherish it so much.
This is my second account because I must of forgot my original.
But that said I will be absolutely lost without ATS and it may sound funny but it's really helping me get threw the loss of my girlfriend recently.... It gives me nights of Sanity and keeps them feelings of doom away I suffer from.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Check your U2U's. I'm also working on archiving as much as I can and I'd love to collaborate.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   
"Wavelength" sent me an email overnight (at [email protected]) with a list of Wavelength's "better threads" on ATS about UFOs, and permission to upload them.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since that list was already in the format that can be read by the archiving code I've developed, those threads only took a minute to convert to PDFs and upload.

Those PDFs have now been added to my archive at:
files.afu.se...

(I'll try to find time today to convert some lists from other ATS users into the necessary format and convert/upload them as well).

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Ufos are real and they are out there. Here is a chase of UFO, see link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

I think you may have a few issues Isaac. If you go to your link and click on the first pdf which is a Zorgon thread, instead you get "The real cost of gas..." from 2004.

Also, thank you for grabbing Stargates are real by Undo.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
If you would like to archive The Secret Life Of Grays, you are welcome. I authored that one.

I've now converted that thread to a 75 page PDF and uploaded it to my archive:
files.afu.se...

Thanks again.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
Check your U2U's. I'm also working on archiving as much as I can and I'd love to collaborate.

I'm more than happy to collaborate (whether here or by email, at [email protected]) with anyone else that wants to ensure at least some of ATS is preserved, just in case the recent problems are an omen of future uncertainty.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
if you find anything interesting within my threads here on ATS to archive you have my blessings to archive them

I've now archived about 14 of your UFO threads (taking those with 30 or more flags as a starting point):
files.afu.se...

In case you want to download the PDFs of your own threads, I've also uploaded those 14 PDFs to a temporary Wetransfer link so you can easily download all of them with a single click.
we.tl...

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

You're welcome. An honour to have a thread of mine included.

There are two original illustrations by my daughter in the opening of the thread. We considered those public domain as soon as uploaded to ATS.

If there are any copyright concerns PM me and we can fix it.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
If you go to your link and click on the first pdf which is a Zorgon thread, instead you get "The real cost of gas..." from 2004.

Thank you (and ArMap) for letting me know. I've deleted that PDF and uploaded the correct Zorgon thread.

(The error was due to a typo when doing things manually at the outset. I've nearly finished using ChatGPT4 to create a second set of code that - in combination with the existing code - should allow the entire process to be done automatically and much much faster, hopefully eliminating any potential for typos...).
edit on 7-11-2023 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hi IsaacKoi , props to you for your archiving efforts keeping ATS history alive , our friend Kandinsky authored many interesting and amusing UFO threads in his time here and I feel they probably deserve a place in your archive , here's a link to his posted UFO threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&fid=19

I think my personal favourite is ... 761927,4,Kandinsky-Take the Pill! No! Don't Take the Pill! , although Buck Nelson - 1st Man on Mars with the 3 naked men and a ‘400lb’ dog and their trip to Mars still makes me smile.

Those were the days.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I cast a vote for Kandinsky as well earlier in the thread. I miss his presence here.

edit on 11/7/2023 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Very appreciated thank you for holding on to our threads
It will be history one day where people can read these threads and raise awareness that this topic has been a discussion for so long

To move on and find the truth, hopefully we'll find it in the near future

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

Will you be letting us know where we can find what you are working on as well?

Words cannot express how wonderful the people working on this are. I am envious of your skills, patients and efforts..

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I'm making good progress with threads by ATS members that have given their permission for archiving. I'll upload more soon.

There's one issue that I'm struggling with : do I basically limit myself to archiving threads where the relevant author gives permission (which, unfortunately, will not be possible for a number of former friends of mine on ATS that have left ATS or - in several cases - died), or do I archive a bit more (e.g. say, the 500 or 1,000 UFO threads with the most flags)?

I have nearly finished working with ChatGPT to create a second piece of code which will automate the creation of PDF containing hundreds or thousands of ATS threads (whether for my personal use and/or uploading).

I have sought previously sought permission from the owner of ATS by posting on ATS, but not had any sort of response.

There hasn't been any hint of anyone objecting to my archiving UFO threads from ATS (and several few members have thanked me for trying to do so, on ATS and privately) - but this isn't the same as actually obtaining permission from the owner of ATS...

I'm not sure I should worry too much. After all, the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine archives the entirety of thousands of websites without getting permission so perhaps I should just proceed to save what I can...

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   

There's one issue that I'm struggling with : do I basically limit myself to archiving threads where the relevant author gives permission

When I post on ATS it is in the spirit of contributing to the public domain, and not with thought of copyright. If that helps.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
do I archive a bit more (e.g. say, the 500 or 1,000 UFO threads with the most flags)?

I've now uploaded another couple of hundred of the most flagged UFO threads as PDFs, to ensure they are preserved (and easy to search) in case the recent problems with ATS get worse or ATS simply closes.

PDFs of 411 selected UFO threads are now online at:
files.afu.se...

In the absence of anyone raising any objection or concern, I'll probably upload PDFs of another few hundred threads soon.

Also, a couple of members of ATS with considerably better IT skills than me have kindly privately suggested other approaches to at least save the text of a _lot_ more ATS threads (a million plus pages...), with one of those people giving detailed instructions on implementing one of those approaches... I don't currently plan on uploading that mass of threads, but I think it is worth at least archiving those privately in case the worst happens to ATS.
edit on 14-11-2023 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Is this something anyone can do fairly easily, or do you have to have good computer skills (backend, I'm guessing)?
I'm trying to save a few things I am interested in, the hard way.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Is this something anyone can do fairly easily, or do you have to have good computer skills (backend, I'm guessing)?
I'm trying to save a few things I am interested in, the hard way.

If you have Python installed and some related libraries, I've shared the code and it's simple to run. If you've never used Python, it would probably be a bit time consuming to set up for the first time.

The easiest solution is probably for you to just list the threads you want in the format below (i.e. thread number, number of pages, author - title of thread) and I'll create PDFs for you and give you a temporary link to download them (or, if they are UFO related, I can add them to the online archive):

1308154,14,Karl12 - New And Revised UFO Quote Directory
1278525,3,Karl12 - Highly Dubious USAF UFO Explanations

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks, very good post!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join