It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archiving selected UFO threads from ATS as PDF files

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
During the last week or two, ATS has appeared to teeter on the brink of collapse. All users were locked out of their accounts. The current owner appears to have disappeared and failed to sort things out. It seems that it's only due to the work of a few active volunteers on ATS, particularly "Djarums", that access has been restored for some members.

It's rather unclear if ATS will survive for much longer.

Different attempts have been made by various members of ATS to archive at least some of the content here, including using httrack (unsuccesfully, so far as I know). I've adopted a different approach : saving at least some selected UFO discussion threads from ATS as PDFs. I hope to save at least some of the UFO content here.

As incidental benefits, the conversion ATS material to PDFs:
(1) allows various speedy search techniques that I've previously mentioned to be used in relation to some ATS content and
(2) may also assist with the creation/training of the UFO AI chatbots that I've been developing.

I've archived about 100 of my more substantial UFO threads from ATS as searchable PDF documents. I've also archived over 60 UFO threads by Karl12 after he gave me permission to do the same with his UFO threads.

files.afu.se...

I'm tempted to widen the archiving effort of UFO threads from ATS given the recent failures in relation to ATS and the risk that it may go down permanently, possibly soon. I did want permission from the new owner (and I've requested permission on ATS several times during the last few years, without any objection but no clear consent - although some of the moderators of ATS have helped me develop code to archive ATS threads as searchable PDFs...).

The archiving code that I've developed (with help from ChatGPT and some other members of ATS, particularly "Drewlander") iterates through a list saved in a file called "thread_details.csv" and creates a PDF of each thread in that list (as in the samples at the link above). That file listing threads can be used to store a list of relevant threads, in the format:

THREADNUMBER,NUMBER OF PAGES,AUTHOR - BRIEF TITLE [with no spaces after each comma]

e.g. :

1308154,14,Karl12 - New And Revised UFO Quote Directory

1278525,3,Karl12 - Highly Dubious USAF UFO Explanations

1231535,4,Karl12 - Early UFO Saucer Reports

841422,5,Karl12 - UFOs and falling leaf or pendulum motion

1171896,3,Karl12 - UFOs and Colour Change

878723,7,Karl12 - Electromagnetic Effects Associated with UFOS

460705,4,Karl12 - UFO OVNI Shapes

1233389,6,Karl12 - UFO Time Anomaly Research

505080,9,Karl12 - Unusual reports of UFOs taking on water

1261532,7,Karl12 - UFO Faerie Lore Connection

1273353,3,Karl12 - UFOs And Stopped Clocks

1271101,2,Karl12 - UFO Animal Reaction Research

1263051,3,Karl12 - UFO Cryptid Research

898220,6,Karl12 - UFO Light Beam Cases

1286201,3,Karl12 - UFO Pilot Under-Reporting Bias

900175,5,Karl12 - Missing Gun Camera UFO Footage

513308,10,Karl12 - UFO Government Documentary Evidence - Greenewald

I posted the relevant code and a brief bit of background in a blog post a while ago (before the most recent technical/hacking problems with ATS):

isaackoiup.blogspot.com...

If other members of ATS want (and, ideally, give their permission), I can expand this archive.

If anyone wants particular threads added, it would be helpful if they provided their list of requests below in the same format as I have used above to list threads (since I can then quickly paste any such lists in that format into a file to be iterated by the code I've developed).

Possibilities include manually listing some more threads (and then using the code I've developed to convert those threads to PDFs) from:

(a) the list of UFO threads (i.e. ATS forum19 threads) sorted by flags (using the number of flags as an approximation of the value placed on threads by ATS members). I've listed (and converted / uploaded) the first page or so of the results myself:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and/or

(b) the list created by Karl12 and Jkrog of important UFO threads on ATS:

More ambitious possibilities exist - but I'm not sure the energy needed exists on ATS any more and want to be realistic in my suggestions and requests.

I can add any threads listed in the above format to the archive I've created at the link below (if there are no objections to this effort to preserve at least some UFO content from ATS and provide the preserved material in a format that may assist with future projects by myself and the wider UFO community):
files.afu.se...

So, I'd welcome any lists (in the above format) of any UFO threads that any remaining members of ATS think are worth archiving as PDFs.
edit on 5-11-2023 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Nov 5 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Stunning. Thakyou so much for doing this.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

Here’s a copy of a screen shot from my video as taken of a UFO over the border of Georgia and South Carolina on May 4, 2018. I reported same on NUFORC and MUFON and sent the video to John Greenwald Jr, Owner of The Black Vault. He assigned an Investigator; Monica who sent this enhanced screen shot image from the video which delineates a triangular shape for my concurrence by email that that’s what I am seeing. I agreed with her. I have the entire Case File that was never reported on ATS for reasons such as this. I am aware you run a web site and will send all to you as based on recent USA Congressional Investigations as there is IMO many object in our skies and space.

The object as filmed was one of seven. They were five color pulsating flashing objects that could travel 100's of miles in a second. Zig zag and do in brief radical maneuvers. They have returned since and were last seen by us on Labor Day weekend 2021.

Since that time I have not spent much time outdoors at night.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   

edit on 11/5/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ShambhalaEasyAccess

What nonsense!!! Yikes.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Can those responding in this thread please try to keep on topic? Thanks.

I'd welcome any lists (in the format in the first post above) of any UFO threads that other members of ATS would like to see preserved.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have lurked and parused your work on ATS long before I joined the site.
I commend your years of dedication, thourough reasearch and hours of writing.
Thankyou so much for taking the time to back up years of research and threads. That have illuminated ufolodgy for so many.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Will your archives be accessible someplace online?

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck

My growing UFO archive has been (free) online for a several years. I've shared several million pages so far, after getting relevant permissions.

Here's some background, for anyone not familiar with my previous UFO archiving efforts:

The part of that archive of my ATS threads and those by Karl12 (with others to be added if I get permission, or at least no objection) is at:
files.afu.se...

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck

My growing UFO archive has been (free) online for a several years. I've shared several million pages so far, after getting relevant permissions.

Here's some background, for anyone not familiar with my previous UFO archiving efforts:

The part of that archive of my ATS threads and those by Karl12 (with others to be added if I get permission, or at least no objection) is at:
files.afu.se...

Excellent

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Hi Isaackoi,
I've done like a hundred threads about UFO'S it's the main topic that brought me here by internos in 2007 .

The spheres that I filmed and posted here on 2007 doesn't exist here anymore, why i don't know?

I know your archive and its pretty amazing and if you find anything interesting within my threads here on ATS to archive you have my blessings to archive them and use them for whatever reason necessary, if there's nothing interesting that's also fine

If it ceased to exist here I think you will continue your work and move on to other platforms

Goodluck and thanks for all those interesting threads
But if this is going ahead then its always an honor to be in your archive...

edit on 0b55America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2023 14:03:55 -0600vAmerica/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2023 14:03:55 -06001 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
if you find anything interesting within my threads here on ATS to archive you have my blessings to archive them

Cheers Observer1. I'll archive at least some of your UFO threads tomorrow (starting with the most flagged ones) and upload them as PDFs.

edit on 5-11-2023 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks I appreciate that , for me everything I posted here was only for public view and awareness that evolution of this topic only survives if people like you and many others keep storing them and presenting them to the people

Eventually we , you and all that keep this conversation going are part of this disclosure whenever this wil eventually take place .

But I do think we have come a long way and everyone did that in his own way and within what they could do to tell the story
that so many want the answers to

Good luck you will not be forgotten around here

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

A simple thank you seems not enough, a star and flag also not enough

THANK YOU

proper ATS content , what this site should have concentrated on instead of bleugh politics

peace

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the reminder, I was wondering how to archive.

If you would like to archive The Secret Life Of Grays, you are welcome. I authored that one.

I can give copyright permissions for the illustrations.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268
If you would like to archive The Secret Life Of Grays, you are welcome.

Thanks.

I'll archive that one tomorrow as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   
All I've got to say is you are a true hero for your diligence and effort. Thank you. Hopefully many future generations will be able to access what so many have contributed and what you have made available in a concentrated area. The government should hire you, but you're probably too honest and efficient for their sub standards

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Thank you, much appreciated and now I can catch up.

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi
Can those responding in this thread please try to keep on topic? Thanks.

I'd welcome any lists (in the format in the first post above) of any UFO threads that other members of ATS would like to see preserved.

Have you looked at the UFO threads of Kandinsky, Zorgon, and mikesingh? You may find some well worth archiving.

Thanks Isaac.

edit on 11/5/2023 by Klassified because: add

posted on Nov, 5 2023 @ 07:51 PM
link   

edit on -21600pmp0720230558 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join