It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bing Burns Part 3: PostTrump America, A Prediction --AI

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

I am onto this like the diletant I am. Trying to write a tool that acts like ChatGPT API but redirects everything to the local LLM.

Okay. I'm feeling like an anachronism in my own time.

I finally posted a pic in that thread we were on two years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: briantaylor

These posts are not about "a guy"

Too bad, that I have access to a LLM trained on over 13 billion prompts and then some from myself. It's very prolific in text analysis and I just flat out let it analyze your first paragraph.

Beating fire with fire it seems.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Anyone can go to Bing chat and start a conversation.

Certainly, yes, anyone can. However, as it is you who has opened this concept of inviting AI to summarize
about Trump to ATS I think it fitting that you also continue the line of threads with what Pthena suggests. Program it to compose supporting summarizations on the validity of Trumps as the revolutionary leader he claims to be. Maybe have it draw comparisons to others from world history who made similar claims.

And yes, I liked that summary presented above and however efficient it is in summarizing one view of the Trump phenomena, it really needs to be compared with the other view of Trumpianism. The old adage that there are two sides to every story should not be to judge which side of the story it true but rather to engage our minds to juxtapose them offering guidance for that illusive truth between them.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So, you're a big picture guy.
As you were...
Nothing to see here for you here

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hi Terry
The point isn't to prove that AI can create a document that "says anything."
This is already known to be true.
Just like a person can say anything.
The point is that source isn't nearly important as content, unless source is all you got.

If you're not arguing against the content and the source isn't real, what are you arguing?

edit on 20-8-2023 by briantaylor because: Missed the weird you

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And your source is a computer program that makes stuff up from thin air, when it runs out of information. Information that is at least 12 months old.

You can't make this up.... so funny.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

GIGO

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
IDBYRTEPBC

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ultimately, it comes down to juries.
If that is even possible.

I've been dismissed from a jury before. Imagine what may come:

"I'm sorry but I must recuse myself from this jury; the doxing, death threats to me and my family, the armed angry crowds around my house; it has all resulted in the loss of my ability to weigh the evidence free of passion and bias."

Perhaps that is the defense strategy.

I don't know. But if someone could actually compile the statements of Trump and his attorneys and other surrogates and feed it to the AI, we might see if anything comes out as rational.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena
If you would like to do this, go-to Bing chat and say, I need to compile a list of stated and likely defenses made by Donald Trump and his attorneys, concerning the charges he currently faces.

After it makes this list, I would ask being if there have been historic examples of these kinds of defenses being used in these types of court cases in the past. If so describe the instances.

There won't be

So I would then say create a summary of all the charges currently against Donald Trump, and weigh the likelihood of Donald Trump's defenses working against these charges, based on either the past historical instances of these defenses working, or just simple reason.

Then I would say now transform this summary into a college level language.
But that's just me.

If you want to be real scientific ask bing to cite its sources

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Bing chat and say, I need to compile a list of stated and likely defenses made by Donald Trump and his attorneys, concerning the charges he currently faces.

So Bing can do that, from scratch?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yeah talking to AI is like talking to a person. All you have to do is pretend it's a person. Tell it what you want it will try to be helpful.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Brian, I"m not arguing anything. Again the summary presented by Bing is just that I think, a summary. It, as you say composes built upon the parameters you established for it and it does it well. What I would like to see is not just the presented summary but a summary of Trumpian talking points, vis a vis the myriad of crap that flows from his lips that his fandom goes along with.

As someone else already pointed out it's a great summary for un-Trumpian recital, a rehashing of all we believe to be true but then it is just left there, ya, know? Where can it lead, I mean what's the point. I find it hard to imagine Trumpers taking way any insight into themselves from reading it as you might already have noticed. So, what's the point?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, what's the point?

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure I'm getting what your desired outcome would be.
Can you suggest what the prompt might be? Or make a request for a declaration?

Just for giggles I put "provide a summary of Trumpian talking points his followers believe." Into Bing, to get this:

That's a broad topic. Can you be more specific about what kind of talking points you are interested in? For example, are you looking for his views on immigration, election fraud, COVID-19, or something else?

In general, some of the common talking points that Trump and his supporters believe are:

- He is a devoted Christian who defends religious freedom⁷
- He won the 2020 election and it was stolen from him by widespread fraud⁸
- He is the best leader for the Republican Party and the country, and he will run again in 2024⁴⁶
- He is a victim of political persecution by the Democrats, the media, and the justice system¹
- He is a champion of white supremacy, racial resentment, and white privilege⁹

These are some of the sources I used to answer your question:

¹: [Trump’s speech was full of exaggerated and false talking points](www.theguardian.com...)
⁴: [Trump's 2024 polling numbers tops SIXTY percent, as fourth indictment bolsters GOP support and DeSantis remains in distant second place with 16%](www.msn.com... ains-in-distant-second-place-with-16/ar-AA1fwt3z)
⁶: [Trump leads DeSantis by 46 points in new poll](www.msn.com...)
⁷: [Here Is Exactly Why Trump's Supporters Like Him](www.ibtimes.com...)
⁸: [10 incredibly fake facts Trump supporters believe are true](www.alternet.org...)
⁹: [Trump supporters’ insecurity reveals a key fact about their beliefs: UC Berkeley expert](www.alternet.org...)

Source: Conversation with Bing, 20/08/2023
(1) Here Is Exactly Why Trump's Supporters Like Him. www.ibtimes.com...
(2) 10 incredibly fake facts Trump supporters believe are true. www.alternet.org...
(3) Trump's 2024 polling numbers tops SIXTY percent, as fourth indictment bolsters GOP support and DeSantis remains in distant second place with 16%. www.msn.com... in-distant-second-place-with-16/ar-AA1fwt3z.
(4) Trump leads DeSantis by 46 points in new poll. www.msn.com...
(5) Trump’s speech was full of exaggerated and false talking points. www.theguardian.com...
(6) Trump supporters’ insecurity reveals a key fact about their beliefs: UC .... www.alternet.org...
(7) Here’s Everything We Know About The Trumpian ... - Talking Points Memo. talkingpointsmemo.com...
(8) These Textbooks In Thousands Of K-12 Schools Echo Trump’s Talking Points. www.huffpost.com...
(9) Ron DeSantis calls Trump supporters ‘listless vessels’ in Republican broadside. www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Hold on, let me have a bot write my response...

Dude get lost with these spambot threads.
Users generate content here
Bad form

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
My point is multi-fold:

Everybody already knows Orange Man Bad, yet some keep arguing, "No, Orange Man good."
Thus, anyone arguing Orange Man good, is wrong.
Why are they wrong? Because Orange Man Bad is correct, right and true.
If the folks arguing Orange Man Good continue, they are complicit in their "wrongness"

Which, in general, makes more sense to work toward: Rightness or Wrongness?

This is the level of stupidity of Trumpian thinking. They wish to fight for obvious wrongness. (I'm generalizing!!!)

Second Point:
People don't get it, in fact, they don't even get what it is they're not getting.
It's not about having the right or wrong allegiences, it's about not having allegiences at all.
This is why Trumpists can't help themselves but attack the person.
To attack a reasonable argument is to demonstrate an unreasonable belief.
Belief has no place in argument.
If you remove belief of fiction from the Trumpist argument, you are left with supporting a person who has nearly 100 charges against him for doing the job you want him to go back to?
How does that make any sense.

If you can't see that, you're not alone, but your almost alone, because Americans still have shame. (not much)

Point THree:

If you're attacking the argument presented in these essays, that is fine: But no one here is doing that. Some of us are discussing the essays, but most are dissing the author as being not worth listening to, or having no point.
This is an ad hominem attack and of no use to anyone.

If you can't see that, you're not alone, but you're almost alone, because Americans still have intelligtence. (not much)
Certainly, not much here, anymore. I miss the old days. Pre-2016. Pre-trump. Pre-return of bigotry.

There is no hominem to attack here. There is only the argument. The argument is well summarized at the end of the third essay, predicting that: Laws are going to have to change so that idiots like Trump can never be President again. Americans are going to have to be better educated if you don't want to discover that 10% of your population wants to wave a Dixie flag and yell Yee-haw and 30% of your population was willing to let them. And finally, that if you're going to argue fiction against reason, in front of the world, you better be ready for some blowback.

I miss the debate forum.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

He literally asked for it!
But yeah, whatever

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wow, I just noticed the last point above:

" He is a champion of white supremacy, racial resentment, and white privilege⁹

What do y'all think of that statement?

I didn't ask for that, I asked for "Provide a summary of Trumpian talking points his followers belief."

Extremely interesting result!

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Bing has a slight case of TDS, and enjoys the use of half-truths, lies, deception, and projection.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join