It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We will woke you! Classic Queen song Fat Bottomed Girls is mysteriously dropped

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Frakking with Queen is the final damned straw. I’ve always been anti-bigotry, pro-equal rights for everyone. But that’s it, I’m now a misogynists. Screw’em

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Funny story. The other day I told someone I know that this was happening and they had the nerve to tell me, “I’ve never heard of that song.” The funniest part is this person qualifies as a “Fat bottomed girl”. She was not offended. So, I sent her the ITunes link to the song, which is still available.

She seemed amused after hearing it.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
funny how they would drop this song but then you have the likes of cardi b talking about her beef curtains all day long
in nearly every damn song, Megan thee stallion also talking about how her lady parts are wetter than an otters back

its like what ?

this song is mild in comparison to some of the outright filth that comes out of some other artists mouths.

but what do you expect from the music industry its full of creeps and perverts.

if they arent #ing kids they are drinking each others blood , or are some sort of mind control wacxk job
or some sex cult or doing occult symbolism in their songs performing what look like ceremonies
the film and music industry is bat # crazy

but they will do anything to make a buck

its weird though I thought these people were meant to be liberal and all about freedom of expression
yet they would have songs with artistic merit cancelled or whatever because they don't agree with some lyric
weird
everything is such a contradiction and everyone a hypocrite
edit on 23-8-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2023 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Can't say I disagree with most of that.

I'm sure lots of 'girls' with fat bottoms love this song.
Many who I know do, I don't think any of them have ever expressed any particular offence over the song.

Its lame and its pathetic.

Can we all download it somehow and make it Number One? - not that anyone pays much attention to the charts nowadays.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

When i was 15, I started looking at fat bottomed girls because of this song!!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
funny how they would drop this song but then you have the likes of cardi b talking about her beef curtains all day long
in nearly every damn song, Megan thee stallion also talking about how her lady parts are wetter than an otters back

On the same platform, Yoto?

This new "Greatest Hits Volume 1" is specific of Yoto.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

They cancel this song and the Earth will stop spinning on its axis.

You have been WARNED!

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: sapien82

Can we all download it somehow and make it Number One? - not that anyone pays much attention to the charts nowadays.

those where the days when what people did realy made a difference.. now I have to wonder if thats not the ploy.. remove a song to get everyone buying it, its like putting out a sh*tty interview to create outrage to get people talking and fighting.

what i truly hate is how not project fear as it got people interested in politics, but rather how its has morphed in to project perpetual misery... or project charles dickens or project scrooge,

Its like imagining what a puritans life must have been like, no fun at all..

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: sapien82

On the same platform, Yoto?

This new "Greatest Hits Volume 1" is specific of Yoto.

I think thats the thing people aren't seeing here, this is Yoto, a child friendly service for CHILDREN, not Youtube or Spotify which still has "Fat Bottom Girls" on their playlists. This track hasn't been banned by "wokeness". People are falling for news grabing click bait headlines and throwing tantrums.
edit on 23-8-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Yeah, anything that is fun must be cleansed unless sanctioned by the LGBTQ+ or whatever the # it is crowd.

Not allowed to express any sort of social commentary that runs contrary to the accepted dogma.

Generally speaking its an incredibly bland, uncontroversial, tame and characterless sort of world most people, especially 'youngsters' live in nowadays.
I'd #ing hate to be 18 now.

Looking back I count myself lucky, lived through the best of times with the best of people.
Sure, we had some rough times....but we always had a smile and a laugh.

I could ramble on but I'd just sound like a bitter, twisted and cynical old man.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think a lot of of people are just hating for the sake of it. They need to look at what a Yoto player is and the age groups it's aimed at.
Next people will be complaining you can't get "Smack My Bitch Up!" by the Prodigy on Yoto.......

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

I was 13 when this song was released.
Listened to songs with far 'worse' or controversial lyrics, it was never a problem.

Why would you want to ban or censor a song about 'fat bottomed girls'.
How would that protect children or what would it protect them them from?

Is the song derogatory?
Is it sexually explicit?
Does it promote hatred?
Will it influence children to hurt others or themselves?

Perhaps we should censor songs like Walk on the Wild Side, Rebel Rebel, Lola etc?

edit on 23/8/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

An Adult can make their own playlists for the player if they choose to, something else missed by the click bait headlines.
This is a device aimed at 5 and under (around that age group) not 13?

And to clarfiy, I'd have no problem playing Queen to any age group but that should be upto me to decide on something like the Yoto player.
Like I mentioned in a previous post, some people might not like the reference to "fat Fanny" in the song and the slang it's linked to here in the UK?

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Yoto is a platform that sells audiobooks and music for children up to the age of 9, so I'm not surprised they considered the lyrics of Fat Bottomed Girls not suited for their intended audience.

Yoto's response is that "the average age of our listeners is five years old, and after consultation, we felt wasn’t appropriate for our young audience". Queen agreed with the decision.

To me, nothing special.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

i really know what you mean we'd sneak into the pub by school a lunchtime while the teachers where in the other bar, i ws clubbing at 15 and meeting friends on a friday for pre drinks at that age we where an eclectic bunch of mixed sexualities, and tastes from skins across to rockers, it makes me smile now the conservatives where the ones with purple hair and made up like the cure. I was one of those new romantics, comes from being a 70s child and 80s teen

we could talk on all topics and in that we could always find found some commonality its the one thing i miss in discourse today everything is so locked in and locked down in terms of thinking, things like the pol tax crossed all divides, the miners strike the national divides and even the north south divides

it was a great period for me but i feel my kids lost out on growing up in a society of austerity minded bores..

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I grew up around the same era or maybe a tad later, but both you and Freeborn are talking about being mid to late teenagers.
The age group this Yoto player is aimed at is a lot lot younger.
Think about music by the Wombles, the Goddies or Mister Blobby and it's that age group this device is aiming at, playing story books and nursery rhymes, and being "little Timmys" first introduction to pop music.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

So, a song about liking 'fat bottomed girls' is unsuitable for this playlist but a song where they sing about someone putting a gun against someone's, pulling the trigger so that he's dead is suitable?

Where do you want to draw the line?

My Dad used to sing play songs like House of the Rising Sun, Lola etc when I was a very young child. Sometimes I'd sing along to them with him.
Never harmed me.

I honestly don't get the problem with the song.

Ok, maybe I could go along with it if it was celebrating raping and abusing women, battering them or treating them like second class citizens etc.....but this song doesn't.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Its tragic that there are no genuine youth subcultures anymore.

Punk was like a 'Paul on the road to Damascus' moment for me.
It has shaped the whole way I see and think about the world.

But I loved my Ska & Two-Tone - still do - then there were the Northern Soulies.
We all mixed together and had some great times.
A few 'Rockers' etc thrown in, then came the New Romantics, Goths etc. - not that many of them up here.

Later on got into The Casual scene and a bit of clubbing with the advent of the underground Rave thing.
Madchester was great as even was the whole hyped-up BritPop thing.

The music industry took all those youth cultures/music movements and diluted and sanitised every single one of them.
And since BritPop there's been nothing really new and challenging.

A few notable exceptions to the rule but generally speaking all very, very tame and bland and scared to upset anyone or so or do something controversial and challenging.

And now its not just the present they are wanting to censor and control its the past too.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I not sure it's about fat bottomed girls and it's more about big fat fanny.
Maybe you should send Yoto an Email asking them why Bohemian Rapsody is included and your reasons why and why Fat Bottomed Girls isn't allowed? See if you get a responce?

Also you should look at the Youtube video which clearly shows the age group this device is aimed at? I imagine there are tons of songs not included.

posted on Aug, 23 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I used to listen to a radio show here in Portugal in which they used to show new artists or new records.
Once, the guy that made the show said that he had to start airing songs that he hadn't listen to because the record companies sent him more records that he could listen to, so sometimes he started playing some song and stopped in the middle, apologise for the low quality and moved to the next.

Some time later things got even worse: as the people on the radio could not listen to all the records they were getting, record companies and radio stations started creating their own playlists, so the people doing the radio shows stopped being the ones choosing the songs.

Today, that "old style" radio show, in which the presenter is the one that choses the songs, is called a "author program", all other shows they just press "play" and "pause" to play the pre-recorded playlist.

It wasn't video that killed the radio star, record companies and radio stations did it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join