It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ Pride Storybooks in Maryland Public Schools - the battle of national interest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You mean those that parody women?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan2

Yea I agree with Annee here, are kids robots? When I was in school I met my best friends, and grew with them, played sports with them, etc. It was more than just learning. I get your point, but its a bit unreasonable.

a reply to: Xtrozero

So what do you do when your social science is taught by extremists? It really seems you and others keep wanting matters pushed to the schools to "teach" things that people naturally learn anyways within their own timelines. As we approached 2012 it seemed color/race was finally disappearing along with gender identification and sexual preference were also blended into a nothing burger and all hell broke loose, why was any of that needed?

Again, what became more widely used around 2005 - 2010. Racism and prejudices always existed, they just didn't have much of a platform to congregate without getting shut down, remember tiki torch march, see how quickly that got opposed?
It's not that I want these subjects to become a once a semester, actual class talking about nu left / liberal stances on the natural progression of society, I just think at least touching on the topics is reasonable within boundaries.

We need to agree liberals run our education system from k-12 and College, so maybe ask them...lol

One thing I see with liberal ideas is they all start off with a good sound base but seem to just keep spiraling down some rabbit hole in the end and turn into something that doesn't look like what they started and stops being something good.

Recently we saw it with the MeToo movement, BLM, CRT, pronouns, gender identity, and a number of other areas where 90% would say hey that is a great idea and then a few years later many of the initial 90% say what the hell is this!

I'm not disagreeing with most of these points, I'm no fan of the liberal class either. They continuously pave the road to hell with "good" intentions, just as you hinted.

As for taking it too far, it's mostly because the liberal mindset is to not take criticism of any kind without doubling down on attempting to justify their stance. This is why I love Malcolm Xs stance on the liberal class, its a perfect example. The issue I see is that the left we all once knew was shoved into the pit of shame for so long, the criticism from both the left and right is only coming from one side right now, what happened to trying to improve social mobility? What happened to that left I once knew...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Public school has a much larger job.

This is most likely the fundamental point of where we disagree.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's you getting your panties in a knot over a tiny percentage of the US population...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

This is most likely the fundamental point of where we disagree.

Why? Public school takes on all.

I’m on the border, so lots of Mexicans (American and other). Many of the parents think it is wrong for them to get involved. The teachers are everything to these kids. It involves a lot more than straight academics.

But let’s fear hearing about “2 mommy’s” or gender questioning.

I find these fears manufactured.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: FlyersFan2

Yea I agree with Annee here, are kids robots? When I was in school I met my best friends, and grew with them, played sports with them, etc. It was more than just learning. I get your point, but its a bit unreasonable.

That's just socializing that comes naturally in the environment.
She's saying the schools are supposed to TEACH subjective morality.
They are failing to teach academics because they are busy socially engineering kids.
It's agenda.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Then how come the only time I hear about the LGBT+ topics it's the critics who are the most outspoken?
Every debate I see on twitch or similar stages its trans people constantly defending themselves.

Point out one thread on ATS that isn't criticizing the LGBT+ community.
Being gay and accepted took how many decades, no centuries to get to this point, and are still called pedophiles and shamed as genetic dead ends and other derogatory name calling.

No one is criticizing LGBT+ community for being who they are, they are being criticized for their actions, policies, and pushed narratives. What you think is an attack is a reaction reflex to the extremism being pushed. It's like you throw a punch at me and then complain I'm the aggressor when I duck and block it.

Being Gay has long been accepted by society, so why not just leave it at that? We are now entering a time that pedophiles are no longer a bad thing too, are you OK with that, are you OK with "Minor-Attracted Persons"? Where do we draw the line as Mike Tyson decides they are a woman and so wants to enter women's boxing or MMA, how about the WNBA...ETC ETC, or a bio male wants to change in the women's locker room around female kids, or people suggest a 3-year-old bio male actually wants to be female so they are going to help them get there, or learning about fetishes and sexual deviations even before puberty?

Come one even you got to have some limit here too...

edit on 11-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

But let’s fear hearing about “2 mommy’s” or gender questioning.

There is NO NEED to be discussing those things in a classroom.
They are IRRELEVANT to the job of the school which is academics.
Instead of teaching academics, the left wing teachers are socially engineering.
SUBJECTIVE morals. THEIR version of what is morally correct.

edit on AugustFriday23America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2023 16:00:48 -050048Augustpm82 by FlyersFan2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Might as well be China then and let the state do all, right? You and others like the generic wide brush term Public Schools", but who will do the vetting with the 24-year-old teacher that wants to teach your kid all about their sexual adventures? You are talking about having no say in the matter as a parent, and right now you agree with that because you agree with what they are doing, so what do you do when we have this all-encompassing schooling and the progressiveness changes to something you disagree with?

We have programs called electives right? So make all these events electives and if a kid wants more information they take the elective. Do we force every kid to play B-ball, or play an instrument? Also let the parents approve the electives...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

That's the argument I always hear that you'll leave them alone... BUT. and then a barrage of carefully selected instances is presented. The OP of this thread spent a good amount of time and resources to just point out that LGBT+ topics are being taught in schools, if it didn't matter, then why such attention to detail?

As for sports and trans athletes, at the professional level I see it as an issue, even at post secondary level, at the elementary, who cares honestly. In elementary school boys and girls play sports agaisnt each other all the time, and kids will usually feel their limits regardless.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

That's you getting your panties in a knot over a tiny percentage of the US population...

But it is the progressive left straight Whites pushing most of it so much more than a tiny percentage...lol My gay neighbors think it is all extreme and stupid and feels threatened more by the progressive side of it than anything else. They were much happier where everything was 10+ years ago, what we have today they do not recognize or approve of, but they will be labeled the same.

You need to understand all this has more to do with progressive liberals than anything directly LGBTQ...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Yes exactly... again, Malcolm X:

The White liberal is the worst enemy to America and the worst enemy to the Black man. Let me first explain what I mean by this White liberal. In America there’s no such thing as Democrats and Republicans anymore. That’s antiquated. In America you have liberals and conservatives. This is what the American political structure boils down to among Whites. The only people who are still living in the past and thinks in terms of “I’m a Democrat” or “I’m a Republican” is the American Negro. He’s the one who runs around bragging about party affiliation and he’s the one who sticks to the Democrat or sticks to the Republican, but White people in America are divided into two groups, liberals and Republicans…or rather, liberals and conservatives. And when you find White people vote in the political picture, they’re not divided in terms of Democrats and Republicans, they’re divided consistently as conservatives and as liberal. The Democrats who are conservative vote with Republicans who are conservative. Democrats who are liberals vote with Republicans who are liberals. You find this in Washington, DC. Now the White liberals aren’t White people who are for independence, who are liberal, who are moral, who are ethical in their thinking, they are just a faction of White people who are jockeying for power the same as the White conservatives are a faction of White people who are jockeying for power. Now they are fighting each other for booty, for power, for prestige and the one who is the football in the game is the Negro. Twenty million Black people in this country are a political football, a political pawn an economic football, an economic pawn, a social football, a social pawn

Replace black people with LGBT+...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:30 PM
link   

That's the argument I always hear that you'll leave them alone... BUT. and then a barrage of carefully selected instances is presented. The OP of this thread spent a good amount of time and resources to just point out that LGBT+ topics are being taught in schools, if it didn't matter, then why such attention to detail?

We don't want to leave them alone, and we don't leave them alone...They are our friends and family too, they are us just like anyone else is, so there isn't some special group. That is how it was and I hope we get back to it again.

Teaching LGBT topics in school all comes down to when and at what level. So around puberty, basic biology is taught as to the changes that boys and girls go through, and a couple of years later sex ed is taught with proper protection, diseases etc. There are extremes to this too that we would say no no no to. So teach it in its proper place and time... Typically teenage years is when kids start to question who they are, so doing it a 14 or so would not affect anything one way or the other, but it would at least put it in some context of when they might need the advice and make it an elective for people with the questions. For example, there is a very good study that like 90% of gender-questioning teens are actually just gay, so do we need to jump quickly to change some 10 year old because they ask it, or the parents think it, or do we wait and let it play out some as they mature?

As for sports and trans athletes, at the professional level I see it as an issue, even at post secondary level, at the elementary, who cares honestly. In elementary school boys and girls play sports agaisnt each other all the time, and kids will usually feel their limits regardless.

Boys and girls already play together before puberty, so that has never been an issue, but that isn't the point.

edit on 11-8-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yes exactly... again, Malcolm X:

Replace black people with LGBT+...

Who do you think starts 2nd grade story time with a drag queen? Do you think it is a bunch of drag queens, or even LGBTQ in the school admin doing it? I don't...lol

Upper-middle-class White people, mainly women... Our worst enemy right now in many ways...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

From my understanding the topics being taught are about gender identity, roles, etc.

It wouldn't be a surprise that most trans people were or are bi or gay, and they decide to choose a gender role based on how they feel as a person. If they feel more feminine, then why not center their world view on the female aspects of society?

The world of gender roles is being questioned, and that scares people.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The world of gender roles is being questioned, and that scares people.

I just do not want to see big medical changes until the person matures to a point they fully understand what is going to happen if they do it and what lifelong effects it all means. Like are they willing to give up all sexual pleasure to look more like a woman, how about before they even know what sexual pleasure even is such as in Jazz's case?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I don't think most people will object to what you're saying.
The way I see it philosophically, is that trans movements are a natural progression, not revolutionary one.

We all basically start off as a female, biologically, and there's evidence that the X chromosome is weakening in homosapiens. Something is happening, especially since we live in mostly a world of surplus, everything, it was bound to come to fruition.

Now, I'm getting way out there with those thoughts, down to earth thoughts of mine, is we need regulation of some sort. To not allow surgical procedures on minors, and youth. But at the same time, they will become exposed more and more to LGBT+ people and communities as time goes on, they will ask questions as they get older. May as well add it to a curriculum of sorts.
edit on 11-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Might as well be China then and let the state do all, right? You and others like the generic wide brush term Public Schools", but who will do the vetting with the 24-year-old teacher that wants to teach your kid all about their sexual adventures? You are talking about having no say in the matter as a parent, and right now you agree with that because you agree with what they are doing, so what do you do when we have this all-encompassing schooling and the progressiveness changes to something you disagree with?

We have programs called electives right? So make all these events electives and if a kid wants more information they take the elective. Do we force every kid to play B-ball, or play an instrument? Also let the parents approve the electives...

I’m agreeing with what exactly?

I already stated Self Esteem is the #1 most important thing for a child.

Not math, not reading, not science.

What’s #1 in Self Esteem? Accepting yourself.

If a child is gay or has gender dysphoria, that child needs to know it’s OK — that they can talk about it. And that there are adults who understand , and adults like them.

When we were going through the “gay thing” — Sometimes school was the only safe haven for a gay child. Probably still in some areas.

All I’m seeing is manufactured fear, prejudice, projection, and ignorance.

edit on 11-8-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I don't think most people will object to what you're saying.
The way I see it philosophically, is that trans movements are a natural progression, not revolutionary one.

We all basically start off as a female, biologically, and there's evidence that the X chromosome is weakening in homosapiens. Something is happening, especially since we live in mostly a world of surplus, everything, it was bound to come to fruition.

I do agree gay and Trans females can be more biological whereas lesbian and Trans males would be more physiological. The problem I have is trans has also in the last few years entered the realm of popularity and so non-gender dysphoric people are doing it to make themselves more popular or special from maybe just being common. If you are 18+ then who cares, have fun, sucks if you get something you regret later in life. like a big face tat you thought was fun early in life. But when we start to talk about teens and younger people that are looking to do this more based on some level of popularity or not understanding they are just gay I start to have issues with it if medical treatments are used. I see that time in one's life as extremely fragile and things are still developing including your brain, and waiting to later in life when you are an adult really doesn't change much and can be much better if you really do want to change.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Parents have he right to be bigots. Sorry that those children have to go through bigotry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join