It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBTQ Pride Storybooks in Maryland Public Schools - the battle of national interest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, I agree.

The reason why I'm on the fence is because I don't believe in teaching religious studies or morals and ethics tied to a specific religion in school, so I can't be biased to one side and not the other.
But at the same time exposing children to the myriad of different religions out there I'm not against, the same with exposing kids to the myriad of different ways people live their lives, which includes the LGBT+ spectrum.

It's quite clear a few things need to be worked out, guest speakers shouldn't be dressed like clowns, and teachers shouldn't be pushing their liberal biases in the class room.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: FlyersFan2

. . . but its not teaching people that you are biologically a man or woman.

Same in every one of these threads.

They can’t get past the physical.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'm sure it happens all the time because they have dumb parents. I know what you're getting at; the idea that droves of pre teens and kids are getting their genitals mutilated every minute because the big bad tranny book club is brainwashing kids... right?

That's not happening btw. Its happening, but its not an epidemic as people claim.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm sure it happens all the time because they have dumb parents. I know what you're getting at; the idea that droves of pre teens and kids are getting their genitals mutilated every minute because the big bad tranny book club is brainwashing kids... right?

That's not happening btw. Its happening, but its not an epidemic as people claim.

The fact that it is happening at all is rather disgusting, in my humble opinion.

But back on topic, what gender is math?

What gender is history, science, English?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

If kids were coming home from school telling their parents they are now born again and want to go to church, There would be some issues right? Why would this be any different. Christianity is a personal choice that the schools should have no hand in. Sexuality is the same. The schools feel the need to shove their gospel of sexual freedom down the throats of kids.

Teachers don’t pray with their kids, teachers should not prey on the kids either.
edit on 11-8-2023 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Public school should be all inclusive. Plenty of private schools for those who object.

So what does that mean anyways here? If schools stuck to the basic subjects that they seem to be failing in doing then everyone is all-inclusive, or does teaching math somehow prevent that?

I’m not a fan of any military presence, but no one’s gonna stop a military parent in full uniform coming to school to surprise their kid.

Is anyone even suggesting stopping any LGBTQ++ from coming to a school? Why do you seem to take a topic in a strange unrelated direction? Are there signs in FL schools that say only straight parents, relatives, and friends are allowed past these doors ...lol

So you have zero problems with military story hour with 5th graders. But once again, being in the military is a career and not a sexual behavior.

Transgenders have families. Their children should not feel uncomfortable or ostracized.

Yep, and if the schools until high school left the subject alone, or just stuck to basic biology then no one would feel uncomfortable or ostracized. Prior to 2012 schools and children had no issues dealing with all this, so why the big push to get this information as earliest as possible to kids? What is the rush when we are seeing too early is not good in many situations and waiting doesn't change much.

You seem to think it is OK for straight kids to feel uncomfortable, and then to be ostracized if they verbalize their feelings. How dare one disagrees with the alphabet community!

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The fact that it is happening at all is rather disgusting, in my humble opinion.

Yea... its happening everywhere!!! The sky is falling!

Are those subjects and topics being replaced by gender studies or something I'm confused?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Are those subjects and topics being replaced by gender studies or something I'm confused?

Yes actually.

The emphasis is on gender studies while education levels are dropping faster than a prom dress in the back of a Buick.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Can you prove this, or is this just more hyperbole like children getting their genitals removed in the thousands all over the nation every day?

Do kids sit down for gender studies class everyday? Is it part of their curriculum from k - 12?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Can you prove this, or is this just more hyperbole like children getting their genitals removed in the thousands all over the nation every day?

Do kids sit down for gender studies class everyday? Is it part of their curriculum from k - 12?

It's what all the hubbub is about for goodness sakes!

Our education levels have been dropping continuously for years but after covid and now this emphasis, they are dropping even further.

Everyone, teachers, politicians, school administrations are focused on this instead of math, history, science, reading.

The average US student is dumber than most western counterparts.

That's hard data.

Not doom-saying.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Hence my first post in this thread DB... the LGBT+ community lives literally rent free in America's head.

There's a bigger issue to address obviously.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Public school should be all inclusive. Plenty of private schools for those who object.

So what does that mean anyways here? If schools stuck to the basic subjects that they seem to be failing in doing then everyone is all-inclusive, or does teaching math somehow prevent that?

I’m not a fan of any military presence, but no one’s gonna stop a military parent in full uniform coming to school to surprise their kid.

Is anyone even suggesting stopping any LGBTQ++ from coming to a school? Why do you seem to take a topic in a strange unrelated direction? Are there signs in FL schools that say only straight parents, relatives, and friends are allowed past these doors ...lol

So you have zero problems with military story hour with 5th graders. But once again, being in the military is a career and not a sexual behavior.

Transgenders have families. Their children should not feel uncomfortable or ostracized.

Yep, and if the schools until high school left the subject alone, or just stuck to basic biology then no one would feel uncomfortable or ostracized. Prior to 2012 schools and children had no issues dealing with all this, so why the big push to get this information as earliest as possible to kids? What is the rush when we are seeing too early is not good in many situations and waiting doesn't change much.

You seem to think it is OK for straight kids to feel uncomfortable, and then to be ostracized if they verbalize their feelings. How dare one disagrees with the alphabet community!

I’ve been through many generations of public education.

I started in the early 50s. My kids are now in their 50s. I have grandkids in their mid 20s — and my 15 year old. I helped in raising all grandkids.

I do not agree nor support that the “3 R’s, etc” are priority #1.

Self esteem is #1.

I’ve lived and participated through all the changes.

If you are a student type, you will do what’s required for your needs to higher education. It does not have to be pounded into the heads of every child.

Some changes I was reluctant toward, like not allowing “best friends” on school campus — until I witnessed how this was actually a good thing and encouraged development.

At doctor. Be back later.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hence my first post in this thread DB... the LGBT+ community lives literally rent free in America's head.

There's a bigger issue to address obviously.

YES!!!!

That's why parent groups have been screaming this at school board meetings and why the DoJ has labeled them as domestic terrorists for not going along with this!

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Although I understand where you're coming from, I don't think we are on the same page. There's more anti LGBT+ shenanigans comparatively to the pro, and when it is pro it's usually the convenient placement in advertising and corporate shilling to the liberal middle class.

Aa for the parent groups being put on terrorist watch lists, I don't see that being too far fetched, when those same groups have already reached the absolute bottom of the barrel of accusations and name calling, violence is usually the next step beyond that, which can breed retaliation and then you have a whole new can of worms to deal with.

But yes, something larger is going on, America is show8ng symptoms of something bad, or, we could be wrong, and it's just internet over dramatization...

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Nah, it's bad.

We're pretty much screwed as a country when they won't leave children alone, teach trash, and mock the Constitution.

Hell, just look at who's president.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

There are only so many hours in a school day and it seems the schools are failing even at the basics, so maybe more focus on the basics would be better. Is there any subject at any age you feel is outside the boundaries of what a school should be responsible for?

As an example, it seems schools do not teach people how to drive, but everyone learns, how does that happen if the school doesn't do it?

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

. . . but its not teaching people that you are biologically a man or woman.

Same in every one of these threads.

They can’t get past the physical.

Thats the whole point in gender. Either you are a male or female. That's determined by the chromosome and NOT by how you feel on a certain day. There is no 'getting past' the physical. The physical is the whole point of gender. The liberal mindset of gender is how you feel is simply antiscience gibberish.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Those subjects and topics are being neglected because of so much attention on the indoctrination agenda. Every minute spent on falsely telling children that their x and y chomosomes are irrelevant to gender is another minute lost.

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

There's more anti LGBT+ shenanigans comparatively to the pro,

The LGBTQ agenda is in full force in the public schools.
The liberals run the schools and have for a long time.
The parents who object are kicked out of meetings and put on watch lists.
I think you've got it backwards.

Aa for the parent groups being put on terrorist watch lists, I don't see that being too far fetched,

wow.

Parents who object to liberal indoctrination of THEIR children should be put on terrorist watch lists?
edit on AugustFriday23America/ChicagoFri, 11 Aug 2023 14:15:12 -050012Augustpm82 by FlyersFan2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I’ve been through many generations of public education.

Self-esteem is #1.

It's funny you say Self-esteem is #1 when CRT basically tears everyone down whether you are a minority or White..

So coming forward to recent times my two boys graduated HS in 2020 and 2017 and they and everyone in their schools did perfectly OK without what is being pushed today, why is that?

The one thing you do not see is moderation is the key to everything. Ice Cream is great but gallons of it are not good. Learning one's sexuality is great, but suggesting your 3-year-old bio boy is actually a girl and you are going to help them is not moderation. Nor is trans story hour in 3rd grade, or other sexualized related adult situations.

All anyone asks for is moderation and not gallons of ice cream that seems to be forced on all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join