It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know the word “Night” means no + eight, in every language. Now ask yourself, “why?”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
night as a point in time in English is derived from niht or other various spellings of the word, the interesting one is cniht which evolved into knight while retaining some of its original which means boy servant..

i did find it interesting that niht was also used to mean day so 10 nihts is 10 days, so another with various meanings like earth, a word that means the planet, dirt and man.. and we still use even now those multiple meanings in phrases like "earth to earth" the dead body of man breaking down to become dirt and thus be at one with the planet..

even looking for various different meanings in English I see no connection between night and eight and it feels it fits along the various wiccan claims on English words that don't exist unless you add made up words to create new connections to a desired new word meaning..

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced
So, you refuse to condense the YouTube into a streamlined list of specific bullet points?
I'll wait for someone else to do so then, coz pmsl, your guy in the YouTube seems to publish nothing in written/typed form...just videos on YouTube...that's pretty #ing lazy!!🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Could you link your source of information, I’d love to read it.
Thanks.

p.s.
A video is also great.

a reply to: nickyw

edit on 8-8-2023 by 2Faced because: Video killed the radio star.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I haven't made any claims requiring a source.
You have shared a video without even posting a brief Abstract of the specific claims made about ALL languages and the words "night" and "eight".
I want to read the specific claims and/or specific evidence....but if your man in the OP can only present it in video format, I'll ask you, this thread author, to condense the specific key points in text form.

...the more you refuse to do that, then the more I think YouTube clickbait and bull#!🤣🤣🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Ok I glanced through the video and the gist I got was that since so many European languages have similarities between the word night and eight there's some sort of deeper connection here. This reminds me of the symbols around the world similar to swastikas, and Nordic runes.

Let's go down a rabbit hole here.
For the most part a lot of European languages still have traces or basically are proto European languages.
There's two major 'outside' influences on those languages, italic, and indo.
Indo European languages have had a huge impact on the original languages, hence proto - indo - European languages, but so has Latin (italic) the thing is Slavic or Baltic languages don't have the similarities of night and eight, they are more influenced by simple indo language groups, that stretch more towards India and Iran, it's when you start to get into the romantic or germanic languages you see the similarities, and this is most likely caused by how Latin influenced grammar and descriptive nouns.

That's what I've gathered from doing some quick research, not all European languages, especially ones heavily influenced by indo / aryan language groups have that night eight similarity.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
my theory is that you rest for 8 hours during night time
to get well rested before working the fields the next day
so its a verbal reminder to sleep for 8 hours

night - 8 hours sleep .

I watched the video , wouldnt the planets being that close have some catastrophic effects on each other
and also wouldnt the movement of planets take millions of years to get into their positions

if we look at the rate at which the moon is moving away from the earth etc.

also what is the sumerian word for night , wouldnt they have it correct since they had the first written language ?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

OP Your post is clickbait because you provided no summary. Add one and become worthy.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So far, Armstrong’s argument makes more sense than yours I’m afraid. I see nothing in your reply that refutes his theory about the number eight being mentioned/used in practically every language’s word for “Night”. Maybe your “glance” wasn’t enough.

Not to toot my own horn, but I speak 6 languages (dutch, english, german, french, spanish and surinam), 4 of which flawless, hence my interest in languages in general, that doesn’t make me an expert, but it gives me a bit more affinity with languages. To me they’re more than just similarities. Besides, so far, I haven’t seen any argument or evidence, from anyone here, that categorically disproves Armstrong’s claim. Or at least a counter argument that makes more sense than his claim.

Just because it’s fringe science, at least in the eyes of most, doesn’t mean they don’t know what they’re talking about @ thunderboltsproject, in fact, they make more sense than others in this field. I’ve watched many of their video’s, and many of those hold more ground than most of you realize. I am confident however, that (not even that many) years from now, many of their theories and claims will become common public knowledge. Despite what main stream science currently says.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ok let me throw this at you... move outside the sphere of italic, proto European, and indo influence and find the similarities between night and eight.

In mandarin apparently eight is pronounced Ba, night is yewan.

Most of my above post follows this article:

www.haggardhawks.com...

The closing paragraph:

The western branches of the Proto-Indo-European family tree (i.e. that Hellenic, Celtic, Italic and Germanic branches) tended to follow the centum root, like Greek, Irish, Latin and French. While the eastern branches (including the Indo-Iranian and Balto-Slavic subfamilies) tended to follow the satem root, giving us S-initial words for 100 in languages like Polish, Czech, Sanskrit and Persian. It’s only in the western branch that these coincidental eight vs. night pairings tend to occur, in another example of the entwining and converging histories of our languages

edit on 8-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I looove linguistics and have to say, of course European languages are based a lot on Greek and Latin.
However it is interesting how at least in English, German and French it evolved to an N - followed by the word for eight, even if mildly changed to make it easier to write.

N -(e) ight
N- acht
N- (h)uit

Say what you want about the video, which I don't need to watch, I still find this interesting.
I would go with the commonality that night time in Europe is roughly eight hours.
Maybe they usedto say, get your eights in. Which then became night.

However this had to have happened after the invention of actual time spans or it makes no sense.

I like this thread. 🤷

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This last site also offers little to no evidence to the contrary, or at least arguments that would disprove it. And that is understandable, because no one, or almost no one, has done any serious research into this particular linguistic phenomena, certainly not in combination with the archetypal evidence. Because most of it is immediately dismissed by mainstream science, where money sometimes speaks louder than facts.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah yeah, join the cue.

a reply to: briantaylor

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I'm finding a lot of discussions on Google about this exact topic, I've learned more jn linguistics in the past few hours than in my entire life because of this similarity...

I however, don't think there's a huge connection that caused wooly mammoths and such to dissappear...

I even looked at what eight and night were in ancient cuneiform and Egyptian hieroglyphics and they aren't similar. So where do we actually start for all this?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Perhaps you can give it more context by watching “Symbols of an Alien Sky”. Maybe you’ll see it from another perspective. Forgive me for not adding an extensive synopsys and bulletpoint text, and for the fact that this is yet another video, but maybe that way you’ll see how it connects to archetypal and anecdotal evidence as presented by TBP. Context is key.

edit on 8-8-2023 by 2Faced because: Not now, I got a headache

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
my theory is that you rest for 8 hours during night time
to get well rested before working the fields the next day
so its a verbal reminder to sleep for 8 hours

night - 8 hours sleep .

I watched the video , wouldnt the planets being that close have some catastrophic effects on each other
and also wouldnt the movement of planets take millions of years to get into their positions

if we look at the rate at which the moon is moving away from the earth etc.

also what is the sumerian word for night , wouldnt they have it correct since they had the first written language ?

This was my first thought.
But then I was reminded of
“Watch your 6” and
“Cover the 5- hole” and
“7th Son” and
Hitler yelling “Nein !!”

And it all started to make sense.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It actually comes from the the latin word Nox, or in Greek Nuxta.

You'll find that Nuxta is very close to Notte, in Italian, because they've been neighbors for an eternity. Nacht also comes from the same root. Night as well.

There are many languages that do not follow this but I think you are specifically only talking about the Latin based and Germanic languages. Many others will not conform.

If you move a bit east into Slavic languages they don't have the same root, Gaelic neither up north. African and Arabic languages don't conform. So as soon as you get down to Africa or over to the Middle East, it's all different. Neither do Asian.

So you're really only focusing on the European languages that all mostly come from Latin or Greek roots.

If you input some of these other languages into a translator and try the words 'night' and 'no eight' or 'no' and 'eight', you'll see they don't match much.

edit on 8-8-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

We’re here on ATS to present interesting ideas.

If your way of being unhappy with the content is to be rude, then don’t visit the site anymore?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

English isn't an italic language like french or spanish... it has some influence tied into it, but for the most part it's very much a proto - germanic language. So the word Nacth, and Night are Germanic in origin.

The use of the N at the beginning is probably based on juat how close all those language groups were to one another.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
A couple days ago I came across this video, made by Michael Armstrong (thunderboltsproject), claiming that the word “Night” actually is a combination of the words “no” and “eight”(8), and he makes some interesting and valid points. I know that theories presented by the thunderboltsproject get a lot of flack here from some members, but it is hard to deny the mind blowing evidence put forward by this mr. Armstrong.

The reasoning behind this discovery, has to do with the fact that some time in the past, saturn, venus and mars are supposed to have been much closer to earth, and to eachother, than they currently are, and that a perfect alignment of these planets caused plasma discharge between those planets in a symmetrical pattern, sometimes a four spoked star, but mostly an eight pointed stor, an effect that was visible from earth, and was witnessed by people all around the globe. These (ancient) people even left textual and archetypal records behind that seems to corroborate Armstrong’s theory, or at least give it solid substance.

After some event, something happened that apparently changed our solar system’s configuration, and the effect was no longer visible. Since the plasma effect had an eight pointed star appearance, people started referring to the absence of this eight pointed/spoked star pattern as “no (more) eight”. The most amazing fact however, is that it is the same in every language in existence.

Here’s the video, enjoy:

This theory about the word night is very silly.
What was the term for night prior to the hypothetical re-arrangement of the heavenly bodies called ?
Was it called All Eight or Eight ?
Im not a cuneiform expert , but the term night has it’s origins in No , Nact , Nicht , Nit etc… or NO sun

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss
I asked for a summary or bullet point breakdown of the specific claims apparently made in the YouTube link.
I'm frankly sick of watching videos with a clickbait title, which could have been shortened to a few actual specific claims in a few sentences.

Regarding your "rude" assertion lol...go report me to a moderator or something, I'm hear for adult debate, not massaging egos👍😁

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join