It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know the word “Night” means no + eight, in every language. Now ask yourself, “why?”

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 05:48 AM
link   
A couple days ago I came across this video, made by Michael Armstrong (thunderboltsproject), claiming that the word “Night” actually is a combination of the words “no” and “eight”(8), and he makes some interesting and valid points. I know that theories presented by the thunderboltsproject get a lot of flack here from some members, but it is hard to deny the mind blowing evidence put forward by this mr. Armstrong.

The reasoning behind this discovery, has to do with the fact that some time in the past, saturn, venus and mars are supposed to have been much closer to earth, and to eachother, than they currently are, and that a perfect alignment of these planets caused plasma discharge between those planets in a symmetrical pattern, sometimes a four spoked star, but mostly an eight pointed stor, an effect that was visible from earth, and was witnessed by people all around the globe. These (ancient) people even left textual and archetypal records behind that seems to corroborate Armstrong’s theory, or at least give it solid substance.

After some event, something happened that apparently changed our solar system’s configuration, and the effect was no longer visible. Since the plasma effect had an eight pointed star appearance, people started referring to the absence of this eight pointed/spoked star pattern as “no (more) eight”. The most amazing fact however, is that it is the same in every language in existence.

Here’s the video, enjoy:

edit on 8-8-2023 by 2Faced because: Dementia

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced
Oh such a pity you aren't able to condense some of the claims in the YouTube, into typed words?
My second language is Cymraeg (Welsh), and I see nothing to indicate a 'non eight' history in the very different words formation there.

Maybe I'll do the same as I do with clickbait links on social media, wait for some comments with specific points or debate about the movie, then I'll consider the actual words posted in the argument 🤔

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sorry for not living up to your standards.
As for the “clickbait”, do whatever you like.

a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Um I would think night came from ΝΥΧΤΑ in Greek, my first language.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I thought ATS was different to social media, you know, interesting discussion using typed words to express YOUR opinion on the topic, and why.

I come to ATS for such discussion, not to be told "Watch this movie, I can't type any bullet points of any of the claims, but you must watch someone else rambling on about THEIR claims.

No worries, I'll wait for other ATS members to open the discussion about the specific claims.

If you had a UFO video I'd say fair enough, I'd 'have' to see it, but a video about someone's spoken claims...nah, if you can't type any, I'll wait for others who can be bothered to watch it, then address their typed words.
You know...like a discussion forum 👍🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Etymology of the word "night".

edit on 8-8-2023 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A bit of a reach and some fabricated claims. I’m not against that if it’s useful in some way, but even if true I don’t see how it’s anything beyond trivial speculation.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It’s low effort BS trying to get people to the channel, so yeah… clickbait advertising.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Regardless of etymology, practically every language, not only anglo germanic, appears to have the number eight spelled out in their respective word for night, or at least partially spelled out. Surely there must be a reasonable explanation for that? What meaning could eight otherwise have in the word night? At least Armstrong presents his argument supported by very plausible evidence, I would love to read where you see flaws in his theory, something that makes more sense. Not to be a dick, but because I have no problem being corrected/educated with the proper arguments and information, in fact, that is exactly why I post my findings. To see what others think.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I gave you another star for your power of assumption.

a reply to: HeirHeart

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Other than similar sounding I don't believe there's a deeper connection ... eight and night in latin is also similar.

This link:

linguistics.stackexchange.com...

I found has a good discussion on the exact same question.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I looked at your link, and as far as I could make out, based on the comments I’ve read, they’re not all ruling out that eight is in other languages. Not really conclusive, either way. Not to mention the unknown credentials of those commenting/replying, and the fact that they probably never heard Armstrong’s arguments. Even on an academic level there are many assumptions and mistakes made. Some people just outright dismiss certain theories without giving it the proper academic attention, or looking at the evidence with an open mind.

a reply to: strongfp

edit on 8-8-2023 by 2Faced because: I’m flawed, I should be flogged

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I'll look at any evidence presented in 'document' format with specific claims typed, and presented clearly.

I've searched your guy in the OP, all I can find is videos, like he doesn't actually write his arguments down?

I'm not expecting an academic paper, but an 'Abstract' from you as OP of this thread would be helpful?
A strong argument does not usually require watching a YouTube first lol

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdultMaleHuman73
Oh such a pity you aren't able to condense some of the claims in the YouTube, into typed words?
My second language is Cymraeg (Welsh), and I see nothing to indicate a 'non eight' history in the very different words formation there.

Maybe I'll do the same as I do with clickbait links on social media, wait for some comments with specific points or debate about the movie, then I'll consider the actual words posted in the argument 🤔

I agree, thread is almost interesting if it wasn’t just a title and a YouTube video.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I think you have the impression I’m here to get your approval or get an “adda boy” from you, I asure you, that is not the case. If you don’t like the way I present things, by all means make your complaints to the ATS moderation. Perhaps you can have me flogged or banned for my inadequacy.

Rest asure, from now on, nothing I say is addressed or directed at you in particular.
Ignore me accordingly.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

So in other words, I was right. I didn’t need it, but thanks for the confirmation.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
I think you have the impression I’m here to get your approval or get an “adda boy” from you, I asure you, that is not the case. If you don’t like the way I present things, by all means make your complaints to the ATS moderation. Perhaps you can have me flogged or banned for my inadequacy.

Rest asure, from now on, nothing I say is addressed or directed at you in particular.
Ignore me accordingly.

I was interested by your OP title, then saw that you require watching a YouTube.
I tried searching as well, but your guy seems not to publish his claims in written/typed format.

I'm happy to wait until someone who's watched the video actually posts an abstract of his argument...why won't you do that as OP?
You should be able to condense the ramblings of any YouTube into key points/bullet points???

That's how ATS used to be when downloads were slow for everyone. Now we're expected to watch hours of rambling arguments when a few sentences in a topic would have done the job...and saved people wasting their time!🤪🤣

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
And yet, here you are, wasting your time, contributing 0 percent.

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Nope, I'm trying to establish your bold OP title claims, without watching a video of someone rambling on!🤣

Maybe as OP you could condense his arguments with bullet points?
The fact you haven't yet makes me think you just get paid for clicks to the vid...share your own opinion on his specific claims (and why) maybe?

posted on Aug, 8 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Whatever floats your boat.
And now, use your imagination, and see me smashing a big fat giant red ignore button with your name under it. Tell it to someone who gives a flying fornication

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join