It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter's rival Threads goes full on censorship

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ulven
a reply to: AlienBorg

Of course, "they" have lost control over Twitter so they're shilling for a new Twitter clone that they can manipulate. Zuck doesn't care as long as enough cash is thrown his way, and I'm sure Zelensky won't miss a hundred or two million from all the billions he's getting...

Threads, more like FED's... No thanks. (And that goes for all social media)

Based

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:35 AM
link   

You complained, not criticize. In no way did you offer a alternative.
So complaining is the correct term. Is your English comprehensive ability diminished?
I'm done trying to help you come to a comprehensive debate on the matter. Either you only have the objective of creating a divide or are just not that smart.
Also I see you for what your doing. Your not that sneaky. Young and naive maybe but not sneaky.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

You complained, not criticize. In no way did you offer a alternative.
So complaining is the correct term. Is your English comprehensive ability diminished?
I'm done trying to help you come to a comprehensive debate on the matter. Either you only have the objective of creating a divide or are just not that smart.
Also I see you for what your doing. Your not that sneaky. Young and naive maybe but not sneaky.

Criticise is the proper word.
Criticise a woke platform.

You're the only who tried to open this conversation trying to deflect and downplay the fact the woke can't help it and must censor and cancel everyone who doesn't believe in the existence of infinite genders and that men can't become women.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
You should get the app btw.
It's a super woke platform and you will agree with their policies on hate speech. If you state there are only two genders or that men can't get pregnant you are warned and censored.

Same of you use the words "cis" or "cisgender" on Twatter. That's okay though, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

It's a super woke platform and you will agree with their policies on hate speech. If you state there are only two genders or that men can't get pregnant you are warned and censored.

Same of you use the words "cis" or "cisgender" on Twatter. That's okay though, right?

I don't know about the cis or cisgender on Threads. But these are meaningless terms anyway.

They're used by gender ideologues and activists to differentiate between women and men who pretend to be women.

If you have an account on Threads then let us know. It's a mega woke platform and may very suitable for you!
edit on 12-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 05:00 AM
link   

And per Elon's edict, they're terms that are banned on Twitter. Are you going to head over to the massive thread we had about it and start decrying Elon's decision?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Are you sure you want to follow Donald Trump Jr? (In case you made the mistake of pressing the follow button) Then followed by the statement this account has spread false information and this was verified by their independent fact-checkers. So we are now sure and confident we won't get harmed by misinformation and lies.

Instagram is doing the same if you follow Kari Lake. When you hit "follow," you get a pop-up asking if you're sure, and telling you that she has spread fake news or misinformation or some. You can respond "yes," and I hope folks do! But it plants the seed of doubt in the timid, and no doubt scares some away.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Are you sure you want to follow Donald Trump Jr? (In case you made the mistake of pressing the follow button) Then followed by the statement this account has spread false information and this was verified by their independent fact-checkers. So we are now sure and confident we won't get harmed by misinformation and lies.

Instagram is doing the same if you follow Kari Lake. When you hit "follow," you get a pop-up asking if you're sure, and telling you that she has spread fake news or misinformation or some. You can respond "yes," and I hope folks do! But it plants the seed of doubt in the timid, and no doubt scares some away.

Since you mentioned Instagram I think you first need to have an Instagram account to be able to access Threads. But I am not 100% sure.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

And per Elon's edict, they're terms that are banned on Twitter. Are you going to head over to the massive thread we had about it and start decrying Elon's decision?

Nobody has banned terms on Twitter. Elon said the cis and cisgender cannot be used to harass and intimidate others constantly. The terms are not banned btw. Context is important. Twitter isn't a woke platform, it may not be perfect and we any not even have an account on Twitter, but it's by far better than all woke platforms altogether.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:14 AM
link   

So then you agree, that there's no issue with punishing accounts that use things like deadnaming and misgendering as tools to harass and intimidate.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

So then you agree, that there's no issue with punishing accounts that use things like deadnaming and misgendering as tools to harass and intimidate.

Never said I agree with the terms 'deadnaming' and 'misgendering' or their definitions and they way they are used. These are made up terms invented by ideologues and activists. When you say one person cannot be a woman because he is a biological male you don't harass or misgender this
person no matter how many times you repeat it.

That's very different to terms used against you such as cis and cisgender, invented by ideologues and activists for language control purposes and to differentiate between women and as I said, men who pretend to be women.
edit on 12-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: RazorV66

No. I said:

From what I'm reading, they're not censoring Don Jr, they're just doubling checking that people really wanna follow someone who posts lies all the time...which I DO find funny!

THREADS said Don Jr was a known liar, that's a given, and was double checking to make people really wanted to follow him.
That's some funny stuff!

That’s a given according to you and Threads?
Again…..what lies is Trump Jr telling? Name 5 lies he has told.

What is it with you guys and straight answers?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Zuckerberg was exposed for his heavy censorship of conservative views along with all covid posts that didn't fit the agenda, so I don't understand why anyone would trust any platform he creates. I guess people are ok with censorship - as long as it aligns with their mindset.

Silence the opposition seems to be the name of the game currently being played.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry

The only people I know talking about this new threads platform are those engaging in marketing on the platform and people here.
So I have to ask why do you care what other people do or partake in when it comes to social media? Honest question, does it have any affect on your life besides upsetting you?

which in turn makes me wonder what your motivation for making this post was? Are you really super concerned about what a random ATS member thinks, or are you trying to push an agenda using condescension as a tool?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Zuckerberg was exposed for his heavy censorship of conservative views along with all covid posts that didn't fit the agenda, so I don't understand why anyone would trust any platform he creates. I guess people are ok with censorship - as long as it aligns with their mindset.

its an appeal to the authoritarianism streak in society.. i see it as part of the age old conflict between high and low church attitudes one is rooted in misogyny privilege and virtue the other rooted in simple reality..

thus we find ourselves playing out transubstantiation all over again as we again head from an age of unreason back to an age of reason rooted in reality..

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Use whatever form of media you'd like!!

"They trust me-- dumb f*@%$"
-Mark Zuckerberg

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Only if you use it to continually troll or harass users. Which is obviously not okay, right?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

The other way around doesn't happen or let's say doesn't happen easily. It's very unlikely you find conservatives who want to silence or censor the woke crowds online.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

Only if you use it to continually troll or harass users. Which is obviously not okay, right?

What I said.

But one major point is these terms have been invented by ideologues and activists for the purposes we all know.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Again…..what lies is Trump Jr telling? Name 5 lies he has told.

LOL
How many times did he cheat on his wife?

How about you try listing 5 truths Don Jr continually spouts. Start there, if you must start.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join