It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter's rival Threads goes full on censorship

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

That's twice now you've called him a liar, but cant justify the slander apparently. Are you sure YOU aren't bearing false witness?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stopstealingmycountry
a reply to: AlienBorg

The only people I know talking about this new threads platform are those engaging in marketing on the platform and people here.
So I have to ask why do you care what other people do or partake in when it comes to social media? Honest question, does it have any affect on your life besides upsetting you?

Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I do but I get the feeling you do not.
I directly posted about the subject of your OP. Did I strike a nerve, because if so I apologize for my negative impact on your feelings.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I do but I get the feeling you do not.
I directly posted about the subject of your OP. Did I strike a nerve, because if so I apologize for my negative impact on your feelings.

No you didn't strike any nerve.
But I have doubts you know the definition of whataboutism.

What feelings are you talking about?
edit on 12-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   

And I feel the need to bring this up so you don't seem naive going forward with your complaints. Every platform has a T&C and those are in place to keep people coming back to a positive platform to express themselves in a mostly non hostile environment. If and when those are broken at times they result in lawsuits that have broken or fractured many platforms. So keep in mind there is a reason for those.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Do you feel like this threads is about more censorship then the twit?
If so how and why?
Are they actively disabling accounts or providing the user with information in regards to the authenticity of statements?
Careful how you answer that as it is a trick question.
If I was in your shoes I would respond as any answer is most likely incorrect and I won't hold this against you going forward. I really just want you to think a bit more about this subject.

edit on 12-7-2023 by Stopstealingmycountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:02 AM
link   

And I feel the need to bring this up so you don't seem naive going forward with your complaints. Every platform has a T&C and those are in place to keep people coming back to a positive platform to express themselves in a mostly non hostile environment. If and when those are broken at times they result in lawsuits that have broken or fractured many platforms. So keep in mind there is a reason for those.

What complaints are you talking about? Hostile environment? Lawsuits? You're overcomplicating this matter.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

You still haven't answered why you mentioned feelings? What feelings are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:05 AM
link   

No I am not user.
It is you that seems to not understand what can create a successful platform.
You do realize that ywit, truth, rumble and all the others engage is pretty much the same way correct? They each just cater to a different mindset.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:07 AM
link   
"Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?"

How to teach your children "Whataboutism" (but you need at least 2).

The easiest way is with twins. For their birthday, you give one of them a new bike and the other ... nothing. When the empty-handed child asks why he didn't get anything and his sibling got something so great and that's unfair, you casually reply: "Whataboutism, we're not talking about your brother now, that's not the issue at all, his gift has nothing whatsoever to do with your non-existent gift."

This is how kids learn from an early age that the term "Whataboutism" is used as an argument by people who have no real arguments at hand.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

You still haven't answered why you mentioned feelings? What feelings are you talking about?

You created a thread complaining about the notifications that users see when following certain individuals.
So yes does that upset you? And if it does why so? Are you an active member of such a platform or are you just upset by something that would have little to no impact on your life u less you choose to allow it, hense you making this thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:09 AM
link   

No I am not user.
It is you that seems to not understand what can create a successful platform.
You do realize that ywit, truth, rumble and all the others engage is pretty much the same way correct? They each just cater to a different mindset.

I haven't asked you whether you're a user by the way. But you seem to have answered a question you haven't been asked. Interesting.

I haven't asked you either what creates a successful platform but you seem to go about questions you haven't been asked.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

You created a thread complaining about the notifications that users see when following certain individuals.
So yes does that upset you? And if it does why so? Are you an active member of such a platform or are you just upset by something that would have little to no impact on your life u less you choose to allow it, hense you making this thread.

Complaining? You sure you use the correct words? Upset? Still you're not having the right idea.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
"Do you know the meaning of the word whataboutism?"

How to teach your children "Whataboutism" (but you need at least 2).

The easiest way is with twins. For their birthday, you give one of them a new bike and the other ... nothing. When the empty-handed child asks why he didn't get anything and his sibling got something so great and that's unfair, you casually reply: "Whataboutism, we're not talking about your brother now, that's not the issue at all, his gift has nothing whatsoever to do with your non-existent gift."

This is how kids learn from an early age that the term "Whataboutism" is used as an argument by people who have no real arguments at hand.

No it's the other way around. If you want to deflect and not answer questions then whataboutism is quite a relevant and applicable technique.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:13 AM
link   

If it makes you feel anybetter I don't use any of the platform mentioned in this thread for personal use other than business. I have no need to as I wasn't brought up with the internet for common use.
The guidelines they set has no impact on my income as I don't inject my personal beliefs in them because that is just plain stupid.

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:16 AM
link   

If it makes you feel anybetter I don't use any of the platform mentioned in this thread for personal use other than business. I have no need to as I wasn't brought up with the internet for common use.
The guidelines they set has no impact on my income as I don't inject my personal beliefs in them because that is just plain stupid.

But I haven't asked you whether you use the platform mentioned in my OP. Whether their guidelines and terms and conditions have no impact in your income is just irrelevant to the conversation. What personal feelings are you talking again?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   

You really seem as if you are bothered by the criticisms of the new platform. I wonder why? Is it because it's a woke platform?

edit on 12-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:20 AM
link   

You do realize that you created a thread complaining about said guidelines correct?

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Of course, "they" have lost control over Twitter so they're shilling for a new Twitter clone that they can manipulate. Zuck doesn't care as long as enough cash is thrown his way, and I'm sure Zelensky won't miss a hundred or two million from all the billions he's getting...

Threads, more like FED's... No thanks. (And that goes for all social media)

posted on Jul, 12 2023 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You do realize that you created a thread complaining about said guidelines correct?

Complaining?
What about criticizing? Which seems to be the right words. Criticizing censorship in a woke platform.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join