It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange-what's going on with twitter??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

I wondered if that is the case, but it seems like there would have been some PR prep before suddenly doing that.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Not much comment on the web yet. This was the only URL I found regarding today's change.

www.eevblog.com...

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

@AlienBorg

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith

@robsmith

PM for you.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Musk the holy savior of freedom and liberty.

It´s not like he is another useless "philanthropist"who cares only for himself and nobody else.

I don´t get it how people are so easily fooled by such beings like these stinky rich money bags. They all together are partying on a huge cruise ship and all the peasants get is in the best case a rescue ring. These beings don´t play in another league, they seem to be another race than 99.9% of all human beings on earth.

Hardly anything can be changed if people don´t learn about how that good cop/bad cop game works!

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Cheers, thank you

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: boozo

I wondered if that is the case, but it seems like there would have been some PR prep before suddenly doing that.

Cheers

they've done it before as that was the key reason under the last leadership at the point of the purges, not being so wedded to twitter I pivoted to use nitter as an alternate front end.. at this point i tend to use the .fdn.fr and .c-r-t.tk iterations.. that is until they to get shut down..

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Twitter, like the other socials out there, tries to be an extended census. And together, they cover a large chunk of active population. In the recent future that was the banks role. Now they combine 'efforts'.

Twitter was the last of my socials to deactivate. I had some hopes with Elon's taking over but it is clear that he does play the same game. Ultimately to influence (all) people's opinions.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NotSoAutomated

elon is like the UK's political parties that are the exact same thing with slightly different veneers, all we've seen since his take over is a slightly different veneer..

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think Ilon has God's syndrome.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: lily27
I think Ilon has God's syndrome.

don't they all at that level look at the older ones i'm sure as in days gone by they'll be chasing the dream of living forever..

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Not that strange since Twitter made that choice. Having started it a few years ago while recently enforcing an element of that policy.

Since last Friday, April 21, 2023, searching on Twitter without being logged in is unfortunately no longer possible

www.aware-online.com...

This article talks about that among other things.

www.makeuseof.com...#:~:text=If%20you%20click%20a%20hashtag,to%20request%20to%20follow%20them.

Can You View Twitter Without an Account?

You can use some parts of Twitter without an account, but certain functions won't work unless you sign in, including:

Following accounts to create a timeline
Sending your own tweets
Replying to, liking, and retweeting tweets
Searching Twitter
Using the Media and Likes tabs to filter the tweets on someone's profile

Additional useful info foimd here once you get past the Musk rage.

mashable.com...
edit on 30-6-2023 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2023 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
They're forcing everyone to have an account.

Yes that's true about 2 weeks ago or 3 weeks ago from overseas if you take a link from the site and go to Twitter then you can just read just a few posts and then after that if you want to comment or go further down the list they want you to sign in with your in my case my email because they double check your name for some some reason that if they they check it even through linkedin and all the other Facebook whatever it counts and then if it seems reasonable they'll let you in but you have to sign in though

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It would be nice to see an example. From what I understand people can share things with subscribers now. That means you have to subscribe to their feed. I forget how much it is a month. Maybe $5? Maybe that is what is going on? YouTube has something similar as well.

About Subscriptions

Subscriptions are a way for people’s most engaged followers to help them earn money from Twitter for their contributions on the platform. When someone has a Subscription offering, their followers can sign up to access bonus Tweets created especially for them. Subscribers receive badges on their replies to the person they’ve Subscribed to, letting them stand out in the conversation.

Note: People globally who meet the eligibility requirements can apply to participate in the Subscriptions program. Subscriptions purchases are currently available globally on Twitter for iOS, Android, and web.

Source

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Should be back in no time folks.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Not that strange since Twitter made that choice. Having started it a few years ago while recently enforcing an element of that policy.

Since last Friday, April 21, 2023, searching on Twitter without being logged in is unfortunately no longer possible

www.aware-online.com...

This article talks about that among other things.

www.makeuseof.com...#:~:text=If%20you%20click%20a%20hashtag,to%20request%20to%20follow%20them.

Can You View Twitter Without an Account?

You can use some parts of Twitter without an account, but certain functions won't work unless you sign in, including:

Following accounts to create a timeline
Sending your own tweets
Replying to, liking, and retweeting tweets
Searching Twitter
Using the Media and Likes tabs to filter the tweets on someone's profile

Additional useful info foimd here once you get past the Musk rage.

mashable.com...

I don't think this is true.
Until today I was able to view the twitter pages of everyone I wanted to view without having an account . But there seems to be some maintenance issues. See post above mine.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:40 PM
link   

You've just described what's going on. Like many other sites, you now need to be logged in to access.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've tried to access posts from alternate news websites regarding the riots in France. As many say in here, it now wants me to login to a Twitter account to see them.

I did read somewhere that French prez Micron asked big tech to censor riot posts as he claims that they are causing "copy cat" events. What an idiot. Guillotine or gallows would suffice for that douchebag.

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It hasn’t changed… got a new account in the middle of May and paid for the blue check mark… less than two weeks in they banned me for not adhering to their “community standards” but wouldn’t site what it was I’d done… screw’em…

posted on Jun, 30 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boozo
They're forcing everyone to have an account.

I just tried accessing the home page of a bookmarked Twitter account, and couldn't get in because I'm not a Twitter subscriber.

Twitter is now following what TruthSocial.com did 3 weeks ago. That platform stopped generating links that allowed non-TruthSocial.com subscribers to view content inside the platform.

Entrepreneurs who want to generate maximum revenue, want as many REAL subscribers as possible. AboveTopSecret.com might be next to go that route.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join