It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The search engines are rigged - deleting the internet - THIS is next level BS!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Have the videos saved to watch later but in the meantime was Brave browser mentioned? Thanks.

edit on 16-8-2022 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

This doesn't happen only with searches that return (supposedly) millions of results.

Being a programmer, my searches are very specific, and sometimes it says, for example, 300 results found, but if I keep moving through the results pages I see that they are only around 60, with no repetitions (and usually without an answer to my specific problem).

To me, that appears to show that the number of results comes from a different algorithm, made to create a fast response instead of an accurate one.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE
I'd been noticing this too. When looking up a subject, a few pages in, the same articles would appear again rather than in the past where other relevant pages came up. It was like being caught in a loop.

Something He said in the video was interesting about people being put into groups. His example was climate change so if you are pro human climate change suggestions for videos and pages along those lines would pop up, if you were against human climate change you'd also been shown info that reaffirms this.

I noticed this happened to me on facebook. In fall of 2020, I posted among friends and family only asking if anyone was concerned that the lockdowns/CERB would damage the economy for the future generations. A few people unfriended me and I got lots of negativity. Later I posted a funny xmas video and noticed that no one had seen it. I'd posted it with my son in mind as it was his type of humour. I tested a few more things and the same so I was completely corralled. I also wasn't seeing anyone else's posts. Eventually, I started seeing a cluster of posts from five like minded people, nothing else and knew something was up. This has added immensely to the suffering of people as they were further isolated from their usual support systems. I believe the hatred of the unvaccinated arose due to this as from most compliant people's perspectives, it looked like everyone in their circles were compliant so they were lashing out at "unknowns".

Sad times.

edit on 16-8-2022 by igloo because: word

edit on 16-8-2022 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: igloo

That's why we should think before posting things on the Internet, specially on sites like Facebook.

We have to keep in mind that, in reality, we are using their servers and their software, so they can do whatever they want with the information we provide.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This has been happening for years when many of the small browsers were taken out and independent search engines were bought off, it became a monopoly, this how the internet is now a place for advertisement, those paying for the adds get priority soo you get controlled information.

I did not like it when it started and remember we made some comments about the internet becoming a big monopoly here in ATS,

It has gotten worst as now media is controlled by a few.

Control the information and you control the mind.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 01:12 PM
link   
James Corbett, a scholarly guy, has some suggestions for online research.

Corbett Report: How to do research online

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Damn it, I was going to post this, same video... but thought Id get bagged on it. So many folks pick at you and negate things.

Well done!! Shame we live in the information age, but only selectively... :/

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: AndyMayhew

This doesn't happen only with searches that return (supposedly) millions of results.

Being a programmer, my searches are very specific, and sometimes it says, for example, 300 results found, but if I keep moving through the results pages I see that they are only around 60, with no repetitions (and usually without an answer to my specific problem).

To me, that appears to show that the number of results comes from a different algorithm, made to create a fast response instead of an accurate one.

Sounds like you're looking up how to compile something on linux

50000000 pages, none help. lol

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yes, Google is destroying our democracy - WaPo

It’s time to demand transparency and accountability on our tech platforms, specifically on what data they collect, why we see the content we see and how we can navigate through the morass of information they claim to make available to us. We think we are searching when we go onto Google, but in fact, the company is searching us. It is surveilling our interests for its own purposes, and we have no control over how these technologies influence our behavior or thinking.

The biggest problem with all search engines is that they sell top placement for revenue. So you might end up with sponsored results in the top 5 or 6 spots (search for hotel rooms and you will see). From there, people rank the rest of the first page as the most accurate. Using Google as a fact checker is a major folly. The first page isn't the most accurate...its a mix of ads and content that has driven the Google algorithm. Google really has no interest in communicating what is true. They communicate what makes them the most money. And since humans don't mind believing falsehoods that support a world view, Google makes a TON of money figuring out what lies you prefer, and then catering to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VulcanWerks

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

And nobody wants to hear their world is going to hell.

Poor babies.

Going to? Pretty sure we’re already there.

I fear we have seen nothing yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I thought the search engines been changing. I rebuild all kinds of things and I do specific searches for parts, past few months it's been a real pain having to word or describe my search terms and then have to seriously drill down on the results. It's like stuff is either omitted or deleted, when I know there should be better results.
It's like they screwed up and put certain words in a blocking filter to of course block what they wanted blocked, but by blocking a keyword that could be for another use entirely it screws up your search because of this set of words used in a censored algorithm even though you mean something else entirely.
edit on 16-8-2022 by Ilikesecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: Randyvine2

Seems today you're both on it. Thnx guys..👍

Billions of results but you only get this much.

What a crock!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Jimminy Christmas. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

I know others have gone over the basics, there, with the fast algorithm and so forth, but let's go over some specifics:

* yes, pages get deleted from the Internet. I've got some old websites that I don't maintain and let the payment for hosting and domain name lapse. They are now gone from the Internet. It wasn't Evil Powers that did that; it was my lack of interest in maintaining them.
* pages also get updated. I see this lots in Wikipedia, where the sentences under the tag don't match what I find when I click on the link. They did at one time; I go back into the edits to see what the change was.
* the domain name grab from two decades ago is easing, so there's a lot of parked domains that were simply aggregating articles (automatically; you can do that with Word Press) and have gone poof. No evil powers, just people who wanted internet income and found it didn't pay off.
* browser training. Your browsers are trained to bring up the results YOU want - not everything on the planet. If you and I sit down on our computers and type in the exact same thing on the same search engine using the same browser, my results are going to be different than yours. Heck, if you use your regular browser and then install something new (Microsoft Edge or whatever) on the exact same search engine you're likely to get two different results.
* pages replaced and not archived - news sites do this. They've got only so much space for their articles and they will erase/eliminate old stuff.
* if the page has allowed crawlers, you can find it on the Wayback Machine.

You'd do a lot better getting this info from someone who designed and built search engines rather than from 'some guy' who's got a 'truth telling youtube channel.'

By the way, the date searching algorithms are still there; you just have to know how to type it in...here's a page with 42 options you can type into a standard search

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I like Jimmy, but he has found the deep end of the pool and it is like he is jumping up and down because he cannot swim.

He is a much better archeological investigator than he is a current times doomist.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yeah I had my VPN on at the time of the searches and was connected to California.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Can you try a different location?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Well...just imagine if 1 out of every 1,000 people x the millions online wanted that same amount at the same time??? The world would crash and take for-never maybe to boot back up into and out of.....

Well...if we could source that much at once? Woah....But...not yet...and when we do we'll have opened the Akashic Record to all and link everything with every other single thing. living. dead and desired....

I dont think we're ready for "information nuclearization"....I dont think we can handle all at once anyway.

Still..."they" wont let us....yet.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:11 PM
link   
We should let more billionaires be in charge of things.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've been using the internet for over 2 decades, so I was very skeptical about the claims this guy was making, so I just tried it myself. I did a search for "dark matter" as this is a term I often search for every few months. It tells me there are over 1.5 billion results, but it only gets as far as page 18 before just stopping. If I repeat the search without similar results omitted I can get to page 43 before it abruptly ends. This is a disturbing new level of online censorship.

I know for a fact this isn't how Google and other search engines used to work. Now you might be thinking, as I did, that Google is displaying personalized results rather than showing you the entire internet. So I connected to a VPN and opened a private tab, then did the same search for dark matter. Again it only showed me 18 pages before ending. Which is totally absurd, there is obviously a lot more results related to my search query.

I'm also a programmer so I get that there are technical limits when dealing with big data, but that clearly isn't the entire explanation for what we are seeing here. This change is fairly recent, because many of us remember a time when you could go hundreds or thousands of pages deep into search results. Google is known for developing much of the technology required to quickly display relevant results when dealing with truly massive piles of data.

Also, I don't see why every other search engine would start functioning the same way at around the same time, they all use their own proprietary algorithms, unless there is really one powerful entity providing them all with the same software. The part I find most strange about all of this is that they aren't just targeting controversial search terms, this seems to affect any search term, which severely limits a search engines ability to provide a realistic map of the internet.
edit on 16/8/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Things like domains expiring doesn't even begin to explain the discrepancy between the reported number of results and the actual number of pages available, and you know it. I suspect Google will soon also hide the true number of results, so that it matches the number of pages available. It actually tells you the number of results available once you get to the last page. I suspect they decided not to show it on the first pages because then people would really notice something had changed.
edit on 16/8/2022 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join