It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The search engines are rigged - deleting the internet - THIS is next level BS!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BelleEpoque

"what to say if someone asks if you are jabbed"

two things,

1. No, wanna to fight about it?
2. Nunya, want to fight about it?

edit on 16-8-2022 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

I advise all who visit this thread to read Ksihkehe's post.
It's excellent.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

Seems today you're both on it. Thnx guys..👍

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Hi...question please? If you ask the same question...but rephrased reworded etc....if those answers search-to-search...on each site...come out the same?!

Let us know. Soldier on!!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It's not just the search engines that are "rigged"
Craigslist is quite open about it. To quote the
Craigslist Terms of Use:

You agree we may moderate CL access/use in our sole discretion, e.g., by blocking, filtering, re-categorizing, re-ranking, deleting, delaying, holding, omitting, verifying, or terminating your access/license/account.

I have personally experienced this.
For example I searched for the same thing every day
on Craigslist for two weeks. I remember the listings I saw.
Then one day I see a listing that's new to me, but....
The listing is TWO WEEKS OLD!

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Look some search engines stop at 5 pages with no option to continue, some at 10.

One stops at page 45 and just gives you the same web pages at page 46.
One stops at page 10 and page 11 returns a no information exists page.
One stops at page 5 and just gives you the same information at page 6.

I means even Baidu continues on with its inaccurate search results after page 45. It keeps going. Yandex eventually stops, swisscow stops.

It’s beyond a joke.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Nah, ive done enough searches for tonight. Time for sleep. You soldier on for us.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Learn to internet.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Holy moley, well said. You are right.

Everyone reading this thread should definitely read your post on the first page.

If you skipped over it go back.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I internet just fine thanks. You should try it….

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I have noticed this for quite some time but recently has become egregious.
So in all seriousness this begs the question:
What can we do about this? Is there any way around this at all?
We all know many sites pay to stay on the top pages and the more money they pay the higher up the ranking. Also their links repeat. But
What if anything can we do?
If I want to buy something online and look for the lowest price and it isn't Amazon but Amazon keeps showing up page after page.....
What if anything can I do?

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: turretless
Soon all of you will run away to Yandex, Rutube and Vkontakte.

Because there is no Western censorship.

Yep and you should use Western news and western sites for non russian censorship.

However enjoy it while it lasts since that will be short lived ,because we gave full control of the internet to the narrative driven ISP when we killed net neutrality. Since we don't have any net neutrality principles in place your ISP will be able to legally control what sites you get to access. So they are legally allowed to block you or prevent you from accessing Yandex ,utube , Vkontakte, ats , etc.

The only reason they haven't done it yet because the existing generations are to use to getting free access to most sites and they practice machiavellian tactis. So it will take decades to fully implement by slight changes from one generation to another that keeps losing freedoms.

If people had been paying attention they would have also seen the slight changes they were implementing . Such as removing the ability to search google news based on custom date range. They have removed the option to search news sites on a custom date range that was allowed before. Now you can only select past year.

They started to do that after the Hillary campaign debacle because people were searching and finding artcles that clearly showed Hillary and the Media doing the opposite of what they were claiming in the past.

They don't like it when you use their own stories against them or their past coming back to haunt them.

edit on 33831America/ChicagoTue, 16 Aug 2022 09:33:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Go to NetFlix and watch The Social Dilemma. It is a very eye opening experience if you are not in the know on how it all works.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Well I just googled.
I typed in:

why does google say there is 6 million results but only a few pages

And found these two links that helped:

webapps.stackexchange.com...

www.quora.com...

I found many more open discussions about it as well. Basically it's all based on technical stuff and where you are in the world, algorithms, etc... they have the information, and lots of it, but don't feel there's a need to open up a billion results for someone to just endlessly load for the rest of their lives...

Using Google or any search engine is about being specific in what you are looking for. If I search say 'dog' it will bring up anything about dogs in general, and say there's 5 billion or what ever results tied to it. If I search 'German shepherd' it will bring up what I asked it to bring up, but its still under the umbrella of 'dog'.

A good example is searching Aristotle, you'll get a generalization of his life and philosophy, then search "Aristotle, labor theory of value", or something specific in his over all philosophy, you won't get generalized results, you'll get very specific indepth results to that specific aspect of his philosophy.

I don't think the internet is being scrubbed clean, it's just being organized.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 09:54 AM
link   
You do realise there can only ever be a finite number of returns. And many of those returns will be within the same documents or identical news stories. Which is why search engines limit the number of returns and often show the same pages multiple times.

Of course, this then becomes an issue if someone genuinely wants to read through 926,000,000 pages in which January 6th 2022 is referenced (the vast majority of which will contain absolutely nothing whatsoever about any events at the White House)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yep, Truthstream Media, Melissa Dykes revealed this some time ago. I can't find her video.

Basically, the Internet, as she sees it, is disappearing. It's getting ever smaller. And that's the reason it's so difficult to find any meaningful news stories not previously approved by Google.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randyvine2
a reply to: ConcernedCanadian

And nobody wants to hear their world is going to hell.

Poor babies.

Going to? Pretty sure we’re already there.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I don't know about the other search engines, but Google has been doing that for many years, the number of results they say they found has no relation to the number of results they show.

As for Bing showing the same articles over and over, that doesn't happen to me.

Yahoo uses Bing as its search engine, so no surprise the results are the same.

Edited to add that I turned on Opera's VPN and chose the "Americas" VPN. The results from Bing started repeating.
edit on 16/8/2022 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:38 AM
link   
FreeSpoke.com shows what Google does not.

posted on Aug, 16 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

This is somewhat like saying they're deleting property because it isn't on the map you're using.

You're only at level one of a multi-layered illusion. Also any non-local archive will eliminate records if the right agency makes the request. Many people have been collecting data over the years, but the places that are interested in this kind of Internet history are not allowed to remain. It's them eliminating evidence of a long and coordinated disinformation campaign.

The sites that remain popular in spite of them leaving it off their indexing then get hit by removing their monetization. This is achieved by using social media "community organizers" to harass advertisers, augmented by bot campaigns on socials if they refuse. This is perfectly legal even though it's being done by foreign funded NGOs and is almost always political in nature.

As they harass advertisers if the site remains popular they go after hosts in the same way. They abuse "hate speech" laws in Western countries to mass report and use copyright strikes. DMCA and copyright laws have turned every site into sniveling babies and they hit that ban button hard and fast never testing the claims against the law. The tantrum-throwing antisocial misfits have been empowered to do this by government failing to penalize abusers.

When this fails to stop you then they go after payment processors so that you can't even get non-ad supported funding. That blacklisting often extends to your personal identity, with each prior level building the evidence that you are involved in bad things and need to be sanctioned. Now you can't do bank transactions.

It's not about racism, or terrorism, or safety. It's about controlling what you see and what you're able to express. They think the Internet gives too many people access to too much information that exposes their constant lies. They do not see telling the truth as being an option to prevent this. Sites like ATS are on borrowed time unless things change. If we continue to swing authoritarian left they'll eventually stop sites like this from existing via the aforementioned tactics or it will simply degenerate into slapfights. Rational discussion free of specious political hackery is the enemy of the control.

They want the Internet to be a homogenzed hug box while they let our streets fill with crime. They're sending people to jail for words on social media and releasing people on no bail for attempted mass murder. The state of the West is not how it is described by any media that is widely available in the West. This same tactic is being deployed on Wall Street via Black Rock and the SEC. They're using multiple avenues to eliminate those that defy the globalist aspirations of unelected elites. Those that don't fall in line are leaned on until they break.

They aren't buying and looking to increase their control on the means of food production to make it more efficient or green. They're doing it to control what you have the choice of eating, just like they want to control what you see, what you express on the Internet, and how you invest your money. They first ban things they don't like, then when that fails they target the sources, then when that fails they make sure you never even have the choice of something they disapprove of. It doesn't look like a bright future if people don't start waking up to the depth of this effort to control them.

This 100%!

I'm a marketing master (MBA w/20+ years in the business) and you laid it out brilliantly! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

ETA: quoted for ya'll to read it again.
edit on 16-8-2022 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join