It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric medical properties

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I use Turmeric, have a dropper in my fridge right now. Stuff is great, but should be treated like a prescription is all I am saying. Many things in the same category were used for many years before people realized the harmful side effects.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've used the Golden Milk recipe for years. From what I've read, the mixture needs to be thoroughly heated to activate the benefits of all ingredients.

1/2 cup (120ml) of an unsweetened milk of your choice
1 tsp of turmeric
1 small piece of grated fresh ginger or 1/2 tsp of ginger powder
1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder
1 pinch of ground black pepper
1 tsp of honey or maple syrup (optional)

Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Store up to 5 days in the refrigerator; simple reheat before drinking.

that sounds good, i'll try it.. is skim ok to use? i 'd use a tsp or so of tumeric in my fruit smoothies but didn't know about the black pepper add, thanks! i'm planning to start again to lose some covid weight. i planned on sweatin it off in vegas but can't fly. vax issues.

nice thread and great contributions.!

anyone have any ideas for circulation?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I take pills every day that are "Liver Cleansers". They probably have some Tumeric therein.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet
a reply to: putnam6

I use Turmeric, have a dropper in my fridge right now. Stuff is great, but should be treated like a prescription is all I am saying. Many things in the same category were used for many years before people realized the harmful side effects.

You are definitely correct, especially if you have the notion that if a little bit is good a lot will be wonderful. Got plenty of Jojoba oil to dilute

Ive got to be careful because sans a gallbladder can cause issues Im told.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

I tried powdered turmeric (usually with warm milk) with milk at bedtime, about a tablespoon.

I didn't notice and advantageous health effects so I discontinued it after giving a fair trial.

Perhaps I should try the raw root, with pepper?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 06:54 PM
link   
After reading this post , …I decided to make a Tumeric -Curry coconut milk soup … with some chicken broth , chicken , to-fu , lemon grass , garlic , ginger ,cilantro and veggies ! … just alittle experiment …. But it came
Out awesome ! I poured it over rice noodles and a hard boiled egg . All the healthy properties in one ! ❤️

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital

I have a vague recollection of having seen articles about 'aged garlic' or garlic supplements for helping with circulation...

...might be something you'd find worth researching?

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Sounds awesome, except for the tofu....I have tried to like it and failed.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
Milk Thistle is one of THE best liver cleanse/detox.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: TrollMagnet

LOL Im agreeing with you, however, ATS isn't REDDIT or Twitter most here are adults and aren't stupid and are extremely careful at what foreign substances they put in their bodies.

You do realize this is no different than any other place online. There may be some level headed people here, but thee are also some extreme morons.

I would actually argue some people here seem impossible to get through to, because they aren't having honest conversations, they are here to push some BS. At least thats what I assume since I dont think anyone could honestly be as dumb as a couple members who always seem to say the line.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sarahvital
It says any unsweetened milk will work; I imagine even soy or almond will work.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I also take the coq10 with black pepper. It seems to agree with me. Small world eh

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
After reading this post , …I decided to make a Tumeric -Curry coconut milk soup … with some chicken broth , chicken , to-fu , lemon grass , garlic , ginger ,cilantro and veggies ! … just alittle experiment …. But it came
Out awesome ! I poured it over rice noodles and a hard boiled egg . All the healthy properties in one ! ❤️

Sounds really yummy. I had done Thai coconut chicken soup at a restaurant near Boca Raton/Coconut Creek and it’s was so amazingly good.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Why is turmeric not really talked about for its medical ability ? I've had stomach issues for awhile so I started making turmeric water and drinking it in the morning and evening before bed just straight up 2 teaspoons in a bottle of water and the results are amazing .

It's good for
Inflammation
stomach digestion issues
arthritis
has antibiotic properties
cancer

and that's just to name a few of it's benefits !
When Covid first came out... we found a recipe for a tonic>> organic if possible turmeric root, ginger root, horseradish root, onion, garlic, habanero pepper, apple cider vinegar. Chop, blend and let sit for three weeks.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
a reply to: olaru12

I just come across this I was not aware that there was 2 kinds

Ceylon (“true” cinnamon) is much better in this regard, and studies show that it’s much lower in coumarin than the Cassia variety (39Trusted Source).

Unfortunately, most cinnamon found in supermarkets is the cheaper Cassia variety

The Coumarin they say Is bad for you .
Cinnamon bark has health properties and I use Ceylon. I also read that Apple pectin helps combat the effects of Covid ...

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Have you checked out Curcumin? It's the purer form of Turmeric. a reply to: Ravenwatcher

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Opportunia

Yeah but I thought it was the same from what I read its what gives turmeric the orange color . I'll have to look a bit closer !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join