It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmeric medical properties

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why is turmeric not really talked about for its medical ability ? I've had stomach issues for awhile so I started making turmeric water and drinking it in the morning and evening before bed just straight up 2 teaspoons in a bottle of water and the results are amazing .

It's good for
Inflammation
stomach digestion issues
arthritis
has antibiotic properties
cancer

and that's just to name a few of it's benefits !

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ravenwatcher

Great for the liver.
Stains real bad though. They have it in capsules.

Make sure it has the black pepper in the mix or it won't work.

edit on 30-1-2022 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Most spices have medicinal benefits, as do most natural oils. Tea tree oil , for instance, has anti-microbal, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties.
Off course it's not talked about much in the open (big pharma $$$)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ravenwatcher
Why is turmeric not really talked about for its medical ability ? I've had stomach issues for awhile so I started making turmeric water and drinking it in the morning and evening before bed just straight up 2 teaspoons in a bottle of water and the results are amazing .

It's good for
Inflammation
stomach digestion issues
arthritis
has antibiotic properties
cancer

and that's just to name a few of it's benefits !

I love turmeric I get the root when I can fresh slice it up and eat it. I got turmeric and beet powder I mix a spoonful with my green tea daily, as well as turmeric oil, etc.

I know I must sound like Joe Herbalist but Im not pretty much the exact opposite, but it's helped stop ailments Ive had forever that no drugs have helped.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Black pepper? Wasn't aware of that I've been just taking it straight I do know Caspian is good for you .

I'll have to start adding it in .

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Why Turmeric and Black Pepper Is a Powerful Combination

www.healthline.com...

Piperine in Black Pepper

Black pepper contains the bioactive compound piperine, which is an alkaloid like capsaicin, the active component found in chili powder and cayenne pepper (3Trusted Source).

Piperine has been shown to help relieve nausea, headaches and poor digestion and also has anti-inflammatory properties (4Trusted Source, 5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source).

Still, its most significant benefit may be its ability to boost the absorption of curcumin (2Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).

My liver thanks me.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:01 AM
link   
You have to be careful with that stuff. A lot of natural oils really mess up hormone production, especially for men. Things like lavender, tea tree, and peppermint oils should be avoided by young men, just to name a few. They can affect testosterone and other hormones.

It may not sound like a lot when you look at the numbers, but these can have compounding effects, and a small ding in T levels can reduce free testosterone which affects muscle growth, mood, all kinds of things much more than people realize. Just because they are natural does not mean they should all be considered safe, especially when concentrated into oils.

I suspect all these oils and things making their way into soaps, shampoos and every other thing we use daily are why we are seeing widespread behavioral changes. I know Joe Rogan had the phthalate lady on a while back who measures taints, but there is reason to believe there is more going on than just plastics.

Use with caution and always research them first for more than just the benefits.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:07 AM
link   

My wife has an issue with glaucoma and eye infections. She swears by some tumeric tea blend she drinks that seens to clears it right up. Her eye doctors can't seem to verify it working or not, but anytime she has an issue she drinks the tea and has substantial improvement.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TrollMagnet

This is sound advice, always check with your doctor first.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Piperine [the substance from black pepper] is added to quite a few supplements these days to aid in absorption.
It's in the CoQ10 I take. And if I took turmeric, I would look for the additional piperine.
You can also buy piperine pretty cheaply as a standalone.
nootropicsexpert.com...

That piperine can be a very good thing, or a very bad thing.
If you take it with your blood pressure meds, for example, it can make changes to the way it works.
www.pharmacytimes.com...
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
go.drugbank.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A greengrocer near me stocks the fresh root. Aside from the improvement I've noticed in my knee joints it gives sauces great flavour, cheese sauces in particular. But yeah if you dont want forty a day fingers wear rubber or plastic gloves when chopping.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp acid cider vinegar
Sole water

Every morning

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrollMagnet
You have to be careful with that stuff. A lot of natural oils really mess up hormone production, especially for men. Things like lavender, tea tree, and peppermint oils should be avoided by young men, just to name a few. They can affect testosterone and other hormones.

It may not sound like a lot when you look at the numbers, but these can have compounding effects, and a small ding in T levels can reduce free testosterone which affects muscle growth, mood, all kinds of things much more than people realize. Just because they are natural does not mean they should all be considered safe, especially when concentrated into oils.

I suspect all these oils and things making their way into soaps, shampoos and every other thing we use daily are why we are seeing widespread behavioral changes. I know Joe Rogan had the phthalate lady on a while back who measures taints, but there is reason to believe there is more going on than just plastics.

Use with caution and always research them first for more than just the benefits.

We are just talking about turmeric, of course always check interactions on anything you ingest.

edit on 30-1-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Oh yes... Add pepper to my recipe above, although I oft forget to grind it in.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Combining turmeric with oils and black pepper increases the absorption and bioavailability of turmeric compounds - especially curcumin.

My recipe that I make for my dogs and us people, too:
1/2 cup ground turmeric
1 cup of water, with extra as needed
1/4 - 1/3 cup of oil (I use unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil)
2-3 teaspoons of black pepper (freshly ground)
1 tablespoon of freshly ground ginger

Mix turmeric, ginger and water in a pot and cook on low for about 7 minutes, stirring often, until it forms a paste. Add a little more water if it gets too thick. After about 7 minutes, or when the turmeric and water have thickened, add the black pepper and coconut oil. Mix well and remove from the heat. Allow it to cool. It can be stored in a container in the refrigerator for up to 5 weeks.
edit on 30 1 2022 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 11:30 AM
link   

It is. I have been hearing about it forever. It does come with some risks and contraindications though for some people.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I believe milk thistle is good for the liver too.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp acid cider vinegar
Sole water

Every morning

That sounds like mine except I use apple cider vinegar
and a can of redbull instead of water and a squirt of 50/50 cbd/thc juice.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
it's helped stop ailments Ive had forever that no drugs have helped.

I can echo that.

posted on Jan, 30 2022 @ 12:16 PM
link   

edit on 30-1-2022 by TrollMagnet because:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join