It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is FoxNews So Often Obsessed and Fixated on the Murder of a White Person.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Over the past 12 days, this murder of college students in Idaho has received hundreds of hours of attention by FoxNews TV and has been on the front page of FoxNews.com every single day....often with a silly headline, such "There are lots of fingerprints in the dorm area...complicating matters."

Today's Front Page: www.foxnews.com...

With over 80 murders @ day in America, why does Fox News latch on to certain ones from time to time, and smother devote so much news time and webpage space to them? ONLY FoxNews does this.

I wonder who is the person at Fox Corporation that gives the order to focus on a specific disappearance, or trial, or death(s) so exhaustively?

There is a human fascination with death; for some reason a vast majority of us are entertained by it. The Roman Colosseum, all those TrueCrime shows, needing to walk out of your house and watch after a car crash.

Wrap that death up in a beautiful coed who was murdered and now your on to something that will sell advertising space.

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dandandat2

Right..the news media loves covering death. With 7,200 deaths every day in America, I wonder how FoxNews decides which 3 or 4 are worth focusing on, day after day after day?

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Reason # 1: Ratings.

Fox viewers trend far more 'white' than the other 3 large networks.

Reason #2: Marketing Strategy.

Fox's rapid growth came directly as a result of Fox covering the stories that the other 3 networks completely ignore (try to bury). Blowing up 'white girl murder' stories is just one small part of this 'marketing strategy'.

Note: For a LONG time, Fox was also the only network covering the massive quantity of 'black' murder victims in Chicago, so I don't think it's strictly a 'racial' thing.

Not saying these are 'good' reasons (I don't like when Fox does this either) but they are the 'reasons'.

edit on 24-11-2022 by IAEAvsRussia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2022 @ 11:55 PM
link   
My best guess would be that these murders, on the surface, appear to be random. A possible serial killer on the loose could really drive ratings, especially for a certain demographic. White women, be it perception or stereotype or stigma, are percieved as more helpless than women from different races, thus there might be a larger demographic that is interested in the stories as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Right..the news media loves covering death. With 7,200 deaths every day in America, I wonder how FoxNews decides which 3 or 4 are worth focusing on, day after day after day?

How do they decided? Does it matter? They probably have some formula that maximizes viewership. No one is offended or intimidated by white pretty little 20 something girls?

Why do they pick three or four out of 7,200? Because they don't have time to tell 7,200 stories; nor could we pay attention to 7,200 stories. So they pick just three or four.
edit on 25-11-2022 by dandandat2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dandandat2

How do they decided? Does it matter? They probably have some formal that maximizes viewership. No one is offended or intimidated by pretty little 20 something girls?

Why do they pick three or four out of 7,200? Because they don't have time to tell 7,200 stories; nor could we pay attention to 7,200 stories. So they pick just three or four.

Usually those 3 or 4 are 'unusual' in some way when compared to most of the 7200, and usually (not always) are stories that the other 3 networks are trying to bury.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 01:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Madviking

I agree the murders are real. I'm just wondering why FoxNews chooses to periodically make the murder of a White person and that person's family, the most important thing for a time.

george floyd.

edit on 03/22/2022 by sarahvital because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Profit, wiewing figures and MSM news values.

It takes over one million deaths in Africa to equal one death in America - the better looking the victim, the more people tune in and because this seems to be a random attack then all parents tune in thinking it with legitimate concern/empathy it could be their child.

This ticks all the boxes for high viewership for an extended period - as there's millions of parents in the US with daughters in similar situations; it costs nothing to cover as it fits perfectly into the narative establised by the public; while trying to explain complex things costs money and pagespace/air time so is avoided at all costs.

This ticks all the boxes for a story that writes itself and guarantees high viewing figures - while no one cares about the 80m+ dead in the current African World War so it's had no news coverage over the last 20 years.

The public get what the public want - MSM exploit things like mirror neurons and eye movements to further advance the echo chamber effect.
edit on 25-11-2022 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 07:00 AM
link   

This is breaking today, a story that I've only seen in local media (near the border) before this morning.

Please let us know if Fox or any other media covers it (I don't watch msm).

Good test of OP theory.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAEAvsRussia

Yes, Fox News does cover the Chicago violence and violence in other major cities, because it's a Democrat Mayor who's in charge. It wouldn't matter if those being shot were White/Yellow/Brown/Black....It's the DEMOCRAT MAYOR being bashed in a backdoor way.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
My best guess would be that these murders, on the surface, appear to be random. A possible serial killer on the loose could really drive ratings, especially for a certain demographic. White women, be it perception or stereotype or stigma, are percieved as more helpless than women from different races, thus there might be a larger demographic that is interested in the stories as well.

It could be something that gets FoxNews more viewers in Idaho. Today, the headline on FoxNews.com is that some authorities were seen milling around the property. (GASP!)

I kid you not: www.foxnews.com...

Apparently these dorm murders two weeks ago are more important than anything else going on at the moment, including President Biden thinking he can get most multiple-shot rifles made illegal, before Republicans take over the House in 5 weeks.

posted on Nov, 25 2022 @ 11:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 23 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

TODAY, FOX-MSNBC-CNN are all devoting many uninterrupted hours of covering some guy named Murderah on the witness stand. I think he killed someone. Will the outcome of this trial affect millions of us?

For all three news networks to cover this, the implications and ramifications for the nation must be potentially HUGE!

posted on Feb, 24 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   

TODAY, FOX-MSNBC-CNN are all devoting many uninterrupted hours of covering some guy named Murderah on the witness stand. I think he killed someone. Will the outcome of this trial affect millions of us?

For all three news networks to cover this, the implications and ramifications for the nation must be potentially HUGE!

Wow, another full day of making this isolated Murdah murder incident nationwide, wall to wall coverage news.

Something genuinely big and important must be going on that they want kept hidden.

posted on Feb, 25 2023 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Is this Murdaugh trial "captivating the nation" as Fox News says?

www.foxnews.com...

I say only the Networks are "captivated" by the trial. Maybe I'm just not "with it", when it comes to what's important to Americans.

posted on Sep, 5 2023 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Is this Murdaugh trial "captivating the nation" as Fox News says?

www.foxnews.com...

I say only the Networks are "captivated" by the trial. Maybe I'm just not "with it", when it comes to what's important to Americans.

September 5, 2023

FoxNews broke into the regular newscast this morning because the Murdaugh guy admitted something. (I changed the channel)

Is this guy perhaps related to a FoxNews executive? I see no (logical) reason why a murder, where neither the victim or the shooter are anyone of national importance, should be the #1 story on FoxNews.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join