It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lard is why our people are sick

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
a reply to: visitedbythem

Grapeseed oil is also good for high temperature and has almost no taste

Someone here, I think it was DAVID but not completely sure, recommended it for my grill over a year ago. Since then I only use grapeseed oil for high temps and can not complain at all.

Duck lard is so good for so many things, I will make two small ducks for Christmas Eve and almost more excited about the replenished duck fat reserves than the dinner itself.

Rapeseed oil might not be as bad as thought either.

(Canola I thin is actually bred from the same plant)

We use canola in everything these days, and rapeseed oil is not legal food because of some toxin.

But it's used in traditional East Indian cuisine, so I'm skeptical it's actually bad for you.

Discussion in here:

greatcurryrecipes.net...

Maybe not there but he covers it in his Curry Guy book.

We were told salt is bad for you and saturated fats are bad for you.

I don't believe that anymore.

I think they lied.

To sell margarine.

But there's another perspective from Dr Mercola that all refined vegetable oil is bad.

It's been de-indexed from google.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Enduro

I hate that too.

Little chickens get their beak tips burned off in industrial chicken operations.

So they don't peck each other in confined quarters as they are fattened up with GMO grains and antibiotics.

I hate that too. It's SS death camp crap and I don't want to eat it..

But, I've had friends who had chickens who get to roam around like they own the place, and I have neighbors who let their chickens do whatever they want to like outdoor cats.

That's fine, I'd happily eat that egg.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

FOOD FRAUD: Why Vegetable Oils Are Carcinogenic – By Dr. Mercola

Why Vegetable Oils Are Carcinogenic – Dr. Mercola

Dietary fats are a crucial component of a healthy diet, but the devil’s in the details, and the type of fats you choose can make a world of difference. Replacing dangerous oils with healthy fats is one simple way to boost your health and reduce your risk of chronic disease.

Sadly, the fats that promote ill health are the very ones we’ve been told are the healthiest, and vice versa. Among the absolute worst types of fat you can eat are vegetable oils, such as corn oil, soybean oil, sunflower and canola oil, found in most processed foods and restaurant meals.

According to the 2017 U.S. Department of Agriculture report,1 “U.S. Trends in Food Availability,” consumption of saturated animal fats such as butter, lard and beef tallow fell by 27% between 1970 and 2014, while consumption of vegetable oils rose by 87%. Intake of salad and cooking oils specifically rose by a remarkable 248%.

In my view, processed vegetable oils, rich in omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs), are the most dangerous dietary factor of them all, taking a greater toll on human health than high fructose corn syrup even.

Not only have vegetable oils been linked to heart disease, gastrointestinal diseases such as irritable bowel disorder, and inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, they’ve also been linked to cancer, especially neuroblastoma, breast, prostate, colon and lung cancer. 2

Vegetable Oils — A Hidden Cause of Cancer....

rielpolitik.com...

Olive oil is fruit oil...

LOL

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Mexican supermarkets.

I don't begrudge the immigration a lot.

LOL

I left Tulsa many times, because of Soch dickheads

Nothing like that exactly just attitude denoralization. I went to Kansas City to get away from the Izod fuktards.
but in the mid nineties

I left for California.

And when I came back we have Mexicans and everything they bring, which kicks ass.

edit on 9-12-2021 by Luvapottamus because: Spelling error.(I didn't fix all of them)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Everything is a lie.

Almost.

Up until about two years ago though life expectancy was increasing even with the GMO crap.

I come from a family that has a history of longevity, though, and the 90 year olds all ate butter and sausages.

My grand dad wo grew up on the dairy farm drank REAL buttermilk as a snack. He lived to 89.

LOL

He always offered me some, I always declined. LOL. A big glass of buttermilk and a spoonsful of jack molasses was his mid day snack.

LOL

My dad explained it to me later: after tending the herd, feeding and milking the cows Granddad and his brothers took some milk to the house and the women churned it.

They drank the buttermilk as a mid day booster.

What's really #ing things up now is GMO and WIFI electro smog BS.

The Internet of things....sick and dying things....

edit on 9-12-2021 by Luvapottamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Fatboy527

I bought Armour brand today.

www.armourlard.com...

It got to be industrial NAZI SS death camp crap, but it's better than nothing.

I bought it so we have a way to endure another engineered housing bubble pop. Kaplop. (My family and neighbors)

I have in the past eaten 4H pigs. Future Farmers of America pigs, kids raised.

That was really good stuff.

All real farms need farm animals. You hve the choice to let the hog or cow or chicken to die of old age.

You need their poop.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:28 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

My embeds don't seem to work so there's a link^^^

UfDTM4JxHl8 (youtube)
permies.com

(I'm not in any way conflicted I don't get any money for sharing what I know)

edit on 9-12-2021 by Luvapottamus because: Learning how to use this format

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The original McDonald's fries were made in beef tallow. Sooooooo good! And.....now they are crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you live in a metropolitan area there is lard.

Go to the Mexucan grocer or butcher.

If you are so whitebread you don't have any of those stores yet, go to the german butcher.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: texas thinker

They were made out of potatoes too though.

Beef tallow AND potatoes.

posted on Dec, 9 2021 @ 10:45 PM
link   
lARD IS USED IN MOST PASTORIES, Americans will be just fine.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Luvapottamus

I prefer to slaughter my own when I can, but have only done small ruminants and fowl. No pigs or cows yet ...

And, yes! I haven't been a believer and practitioner of lard for a long time. Where I live it's available and reasonably cheap. I ceased to trust lab created oils long ago.

Same with real butter. They told us that lab created margarine was better for is. That was a damned lie!

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:41 AM
link   
We moved back to real butter and olive oil almost 20 years ago

Funny story my Mom used to tell on me was when i was 3 or 4 yrs old i used to eat Lard out of the container like most people eat ice cream.

posted on Dec, 10 2021 @ 10:29 PM
link   

anybody try WORMS, for survival?
i'm thinking about cooking some up, like chicken fries,
just to try it.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm from the South...we know our lards.a reply to: Luvapottamus

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: cappie

anybody try WORMS, for survival?
i'm thinking about cooking some up, like chicken fries,
just to try it.

I've always wanted to raise mealworms for human and chicken consumption.

posted on Dec, 11 2021 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Can you find lard anymore? We used to use crisco when I was a kid... I think that started out as a lard

Nope... Crisco started out and was always one of the absolute horrifically unhealthy pieces of garbage one could consume, sold as an alternative to the then/now demonized extremely healthy lard people were cooking with.

Thing is... we seem to have been healthier back then than we are now so I don't think their advice worked too well or the problem is something other than our diet.

Nope, their ridiculous war on animal based foods, especially the healthiest of all, the saturated fats - combined with the promotion of the extremely unhealthy anti-nutrient laden plant foods, is the problem with our health...
edit on 11-12-2021 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join