It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hendricus G Loos, Master of Mind Control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

His premise is based on nerve firings being triggered by electromagnetic pulses, which is a known phenomena.
where do you claim the fakery begins?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

His premise is based on nerve firings being triggered by electromagnetic pulses, which is a known phenomena.
where do you claim the fakery begins?

You're conflating electrical stimulation of nerves with essentially DC and doing it with a propagating radio wave, which is a totally different kettle of fish.

As you did with your cite just now.

They're not the same thing.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

So you are saying photons striking the skin in regular pulses will not cause cutaneous nerves to randomly fire?
Near infrared radiation can.be felt as actual heat, so why cant other wavelengths activate nerve firings as well?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

So you are saying photons striking the skin in regular pulses will not cause cutaneous nerves to randomly fire?
Near infrared radiation can.be felt as actual heat, so why cant other wavelengths activate nerve firings as well?

You're feeling a temperature gradient set up by the IR depositing energy in the epidermis. You don't have direct IR sensors in your skin.

Your skin is not useful as a light sensor. In the same way you can't hear a symphony with a toenail. That's not a thing your skin is good at.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
But, for the sake of crazy argument, let's say that light from the screen somehow DOES cause random nerve triggering in your skin, which you somehow can't feel or sense directly.

How do you envision this causing "mind control"? That part doesn't make sense either, now does it?

Grant you, if I take a soldering iron, tie you to a chair, and apply it to your feet, I could get you to scream "Rangers lead the way" for me, but I'm not sure that's mind control in its purest form.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Right, cant see with your skin, never said you could. There is such a thing as Photosensitivity in humans where natural and artificial lights have effects on the skin as in lupus and eczema.
but mostly im asking? A photon striking the skin and being absorbed by a nerve ending will not cause that nerve to fire?
Are you positive on that?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Right, cant see with your skin, never said you could. There is such a thing as Photosensitivity in humans where natural and artificial lights have effects on the skin as in lupus and eczema.
but mostly im asking? A photon striking the skin and being absorbed by a nerve ending will not cause that nerve to fire?
Are you positive on that?

The part about lupus and eczema involves UV. As with sunburn, you won't feel the UV photons. You will feel burned later, as the chemical reactions cause inflammation. So it'll hurt. But that's not "sensing photons".

You get into hard ionizing radiation, I'm told you can feel it as "warmth". Again, it's not what's coming off your Benq.
edit on 21-10-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The patent is not saying that you will actually feel anything. It is saying that because of the random nerve firing that occur in the skin because of the photonic pulses a signal, albeit subliminal, is being transmitted to the brain from the activated nerve cells.
are you saying that photons striking nerve endings will not serve to activate them randomly?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

The patent is not saying that you will actually feel anything. It is saying that because of the random nerve firing that occur in the skin because of the photonic pulses a signal, albeit subliminal, is being transmitted to the brain from the activated nerve cells.

You are constantly receiving signals from your skin that are essentially random. There's not much evolutionary purpose in allowing that to cause "mind control", other than "I think there's a bug crawling on my neck". I guess a blinding urge to scratch might be called "mind control", but I wouldn't label it so.

are you saying that photons striking nerve endings will not serve to activate them randomly?

You might manage it with hard radiation. You can directly stimulate nerves with gammas, to some extent.

Light from a monitor, no.

eta: I might add, if it causes the nerve endings to fire randomly, is that noise going to be really useful in "mind control"?

etaa: Tell me, what's different about retinal rods and cones that make THEM sensitive to light? Do nerve endings in your chin have the same mechanism?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

right, so the random firings of the nerves happens in peaks and valleys along with the pulsation and frequency of the light, which registers as heat, no matter how miniscule. and then....

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Also as you can see from this image visible light penetrates much deeper into the skin than even UV light, which would give its photons enough energy to transfer energy to subdermal tissues and then be registered as temperature fluctuations across the skin.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I was more into stimuli conditioning, humans react to pheromone, instincts cerebral cortex, think music has the same effect.. or certain sounds..
Mating sound of frogs..

or the firefly mating rituals..
Light does have an affect on humans..

Im wondering is this patent workable for stimuli conditioning?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

right, so the random firings of the nerves happens in peaks and valleys along with the pulsation and frequency of the light, which registers as heat, no matter how miniscule. and then....

Next physics problem...what amount of heat can be imparted to skin by the light from a nice Asus monitor? Hint - it's many orders of magnitude under the noise. Try again.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Also as you can see from this image visible light penetrates much deeper into the skin than even UV light, which would give its photons enough energy to transfer energy to subdermal tissues and then be registered as temperature fluctuations across the skin.

Go do the energetics, get back to me. I'll wait.

eta: UV has a lot more energy than visible light. h nu and all that stuff.

etaa: and you still have to demonstrate WHY pulses of warmth cause "mind control". Which is absurd on the face of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
Light does have an affect on effect on the eyes of humans..

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

same with sound and cerebral? in theory? or no no?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   

same with sound and cerebral? in theory? or no no?

Cerebral what?

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

cortex

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

a minuscule amount of heat would be transmitted as heat. the photons themselves would release their energies and scatter under the skin which would in theory activate random nerve firing in the affected area.
the amount of nerves firing would depend on the modulation of the intensity of the pulses. get the nerves to start firing in sync with the pulses on average and according to the patent this signal will affect changes in a human CNS

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

cortex

What about it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join