It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some House Republicans Want to Rename DC Airport After Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Social issues? Not sure of forum.

Oh man ... this is a riot! Renaming Dulles airport to be President Donald J. Trump airport. It probably won't go far, but if it did, the left would melt down. I can see people on the left refusing to fly into DC because they couldn't handle hearing the Trump name or seeing it on their ticket.

Who the airport is currently named for - John Foster Dulles, a former secretary of state under President Dwight Eisenhower who fought against communism during the early stages of the Cold War.

Some House Republicans Want to Rename DC Airport After Donald Trump

A group of House Republicans is pushing to rename Washington, DC’s, main international airport after former President Trump.

Rep. Guy Reschenthaler, R-Pa., the House GOP’s chief deputy whip, introduced the bill Friday along with six cosponsors.

“In my lifetime, our nation has never been greater than under the leadership of President Donald J. Trump,” Reschenthaler told Fox News Digital. “As millions of domestic and international travelers fly through the airport, there is no better symbol of freedom, prosperity and strength than hearing ‘Welcome to Trump International Airport’ as they land on American soil.”

Legislative text obtained by Fox News Digital on Monday showed that, if passed, “the Washington Dulles International Airport in Virginia shall after the date of the enactment of this Act be known and designated as the ‘Donald J. Trump International Airport.'” “Any reference in any law, regulation, map, document, paper, or other record of the United States to the airport referred to in subsection (a) shall be considered to be a reference to the Donald J. Trump International Airport,” the brief bill said.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Oh man that would be a hoot if it goes forward. I think it would ironic as fudge.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Whatever they have the votes for.

I will say, for Republicans it seems, owning the libs takes precedent to fixing the border, trying to curb inflation, homelessness, drug abuse, crime and all the rest. How's the Joe Biden impeachment going? Yup. All that time and money wasted on, what will be, a "trying to save face" DOJ referral.

And while Republicans do nothing, they scream the loudest about those things not getting done.

But really, if they do change the name, so what? It won't change anything in my life, not one thing. Doesn't lower my taxes. Doesn't help me afford groceries. Doesn't stop immigrants coming over the border. But if it gives some Trump supporters, who get their jollies "owning" the other Party, a snicker, go for it. I'm fine with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

I will say, for Republicans it seems, owning the libs takes precedent to fixing the border, trying to curb inflation, homelessness, drug abuse, crime and all the rest. How's the Joe Biden impeachment going? Yup. All that time and money wasted on, what will be, a "trying to save face" DOJ referral.

And while Republicans do nothing, they scream the loudest about those things not getting done.

But really, if they do change the name, so what? It won't change anything in my life, not one thing. Doesn't lower my taxes. Doesn't help me afford groceries. Doesn't stop immigrants coming over the border. But if it gives some Trump supporters, who get their jollies "owning" the other Party, a snicker, go for it. I'm fine with it.

Biden keeps going to his daddy and mommy on the Supreme Court to stop states from enforcing border security.
He really wants that border open.
Stop crying about the Republicans.
It’s not their fault.
Biden and his democrat minions are in charge and to blame for the border crisis.
3 years he’s done so much damage it’ll take decades to even iron out.
You’ll probably tell your kids it was Trumps fault too LoL

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I could see naming a sewage treatment plant after him, or maybe a prison, but not an airport.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Biden must be doing a great job as President if the GOP are able to waste their time with these publicity stunts that will go nowhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

As amusing as it would be, I think being named after a fairly vocal anti-communist is probably for the best. That place is a nightmare to fly through anyway, I much prefer Reagan.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

It won't change anything in my life, not one thing. Doesn't lower my taxes. Doesn't help me afford groceries. Doesn't stop immigrants coming over the border.

So you finally admit there's a problem with the way Biden and the Democrats are running the country, while trying to blame Republicans for this whole mess.

What kind of mental gymnastics do you have to go through to get to that ? The dissonance must be torture.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That would be hilarious and sooo triggering for some people.

I wanna start a petition to rename the Statue of Liberty after him lol

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You're probably also entertained by The Big Bang Theory.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure some House Republicans want to rename themselves Trump and make him their daddy.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Great idea start with the name change asap!!

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Biden must be doing a great job as President if the GOP are able to waste their time with these publicity stunts that will go nowhere.

Hes doing a great job letting millions of uneducated young men in their late teens, 20s and 30s from all over the world to come into the country and make our cities home that's forsure

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

I will leave this here and turn and walk away...wink wink
edit on 2-4-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Biden keeps going to his daddy and mommy on the Supreme Court to stop states from enforcing border security.
He really wants that border open.
Stop crying about the Republicans.
It’s not their fault.
Biden and his democrat minions are in charge and to blame for the border crisis.
3 years he’s done so much damage it’ll take decades to even iron out.
You’ll probably tell your kids it was Trumps fault too LoL

According to some people, whatever bad happens is the previous administrations fault. Like well Obama had to rebuild after Bush. Bush sucked. Clinton had to rebuild after Bush. Bush sucked because Reagan sucked before him. It is always the republican presidents who suck and cause the next guy to flounder according to some people and that is their excuse for their own party getting nothing done while in office.

I hear very little blame toward Obama for what Trump had to fix yet we are hearing about how Biden is sucking because Trump sucked. Yeah some people blame Obama a lot, but not like they blamed the Bushes and are now blaming Trump.

And a lot of times that whole premise of "its the previous guys fault" isn't even true at all! So what I would like to see is instead of people blaming the pandemic for the economic problems and deficits, just say "well Trump had to fix Obama's failing economy, it is not Trump’s fault." Because they use the economy and quote unquote "job losses" during his term against him, we all know it was the engineered pandemic that caused his problems. So let's put the blame where it really goes hehe. Onto Obama for how he ruined the economy and left Trump to pick up the pieces.
edit on 2-4-2024 by Shoshanna because: can't spell

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

ROFL-LOL "Fixing Biden's long list of crimes against the Constitution" is going to take a bit more than a bill or congress/senate action. You sure your head isn't threaded on counterclockwise? Renaming the airport is a great idea.

edit on 2-4-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
I'm pretty sure some House Republicans want to rename themselves Trump and make him their daddy.

The way some of y’all are obsessed with him and can’t make a post without mentioning Trump, he already is your daddy. He owns so much real estate on this site, it’s fun to watch.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I am so waiting for the first school to be named Donald J Trump (Insert Level) school. It will be great.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dulles sounds dull. Trump International would be far more exciting for US and International visitors. Trump and Reagan airports would be just 28 miles from each other!

But the REALLY BIG and most fitting tribute will be when Donald Trump's image is added to Mount Rushmore!

edit on 242024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Krusty Krusty Krusty, and I thought that we were starting to get along. Maybe it's my fault mentioning Trump

in a thread with the word TRUMP in the title.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join