It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI: discussion with Philipe Kling David

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm proud to introduce Philipe3d

Philipe Kling David, AKA Philipe3d is one of the most skilled CGI artists you can find presently WORLDWIDE.

I've invited him to join ATS in order to to share his experiences with this community: he kindly agreed.
For those who don't know him, he's the author of these amazing movies:

THE CAPTIVE GRAY

The Captive Gray II

www.mundogump.com.br...
www.mundogump.com.br...
www.ceticismoaberto.com...

Relevant thread on ATS:
I would Like to see everyones thoughts on this vid (captive alien)

Welcome to AboveTopSecret.com, Philipe

[edit on 9/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Very cool indeed. That would be awesome to have Philipe here on ATS with all of his experience. He will make a great addition to the team of experts we already have.

If he's already joined then I would like to say WELCOME!!

[edit on 9-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am very happy to be parto of ATS forum.
I hope help and understand with you many facts about CGI and Ufo phenomen.
Also, I woould like to thanks Internos for your gentle words. I´m not so good like you say, but I am working hard to be.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I have a feeling that your awesome skills will bring a new, much needed light to the ATS forums. Im looking forward to your many posts and explanations.

Thank you, thank you thank you for joining!

And thank you Internos for bringing Philipe to us.
your the best man!

[edit on 9-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My name is Philipe Kling David. I am psychologist, illustrator, 3d artists and special effects company called Portifolium.
I have an blog: www.mundogump.com.br... where Usually I post storyes, bizarre news, curiosities, incredible things, and fictional stories. Also, I am (inexpressive) ufologist in my country. Years ago I was art consultant of Ufo magazine in Brazil, creating all cover arts and internal stuff too.
Sometimes, I wrote scripts for Tv shows, animation movies and shortmovies. I define myself like a creator an many media. 2D, 3D, Sculpture, Effects, live effects, illustration, movie, scripts, etc.
I´ve been doing 3d animation for a long time, simce 3DStudio for DOS plataform. I thing it have about 12 years or little less.

Well, let me talk about "O relato de um MIB":

A year ago, I wrote a story called "The report of a
MIB. "
Initially a text was done only for fun I had as objective
serve the basic reference of a series of images of a 3d head of alien I made here on my computer. In the story, told with realism, a supposed secret agent of a Brazilian organization, part of a ocultation network of alien activity on the planet get in touch
to tell me with an strange email about an operation carried out in the city of Tasso Fragoso, in interior of Maranhao, (an old place, in north of Brazil, with many places completly savage and untouched by human) where they killed two aliens and captured the little ship of them.

This story ends with the face showing me these pictures (which were the images I had done)
www.mundogump.com.br...

The story was published in the category story, but somebody well thought funny-idiot-joker take same article and changed some parts (such as my own name and links to my blog in images). This [snip] stolen all pictures and published in over 20 communities of ufology at Orkut like it as something real.
This led to confusion absurd. When I discovered, I became very sad.
I had to go in one by one to deny the story and I say that
had done that. Then decided not to give more continuity to it
history, which was created to be made on 6 shares. But like as of 1 had give me so much [snip] I resolve to stop the creative process.
It occurs to nine months after that I started to think about whether it was some interrupt my creative process just because some suffer from delayed "Syndrome of Agent Mulder," wanting to believe in any [snip] , at any cost.

So I resolved to resume now and in style. It was with this in mind that, I wrote "The report of a MIB II".
www.mundogump.com.br...

In this email the same guy of first supposed email returns nine months after the first contact. he fist thanks me for not having revealed something surprising: The existence of a
third alien in the action of Tasso Fragoso. An alien who was alive! And hiding in Brazil. The part II of the "Report" is giant and very detailed telling of the origins organization since its genesis in years 50 through today, through things like the Figueiredo, Sarney, Collor, Itamar era (they are old presidents of Brazil) and giving details about bizarre real facts, as the death of Pc Farias (an influent character of 90´s in Brazil, with many connections with president Fernando Collor, who was impeached by corruption suspection at end of 90´s. The PC death still envolving in many mistery. All people in brazil suposse the Pc death is not an passional crime, but a way to silence somebody who knows more than need about politics relashionship)

Mod Edit: Profanity & censor circumnavigation removed. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 10/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
The Part II ends with a video of the alien being interrogated. (again everything 3d and everything done by me at home)
This video has fallen on the network and turned a fever. With success came a legion of crazy people thinking that what
was true. I put down two disclaimers texts with red and giant letters telling that what was fiction.
But the effect was reversed. The guys started to
feel that I was hiding real information, hahahaha.

It is this crazy world. And I'm giving continuity to the story with the sound recordings of the creature from another place (or world, or dimension) produces.
www.mundogump.com.br...

On rain and cold weekend, I stay in home, little boring, and decide made up a security camera footage of him in captivity, which turned another fever on Orkut and You tube.
www.mundogump.com.br...

It has a lot of my friends enjoying the story ... And I am still doing it. I can define this thing like an blog-novel, with realism and science fiction touch, and a good way to show the world what I can do with my free time.

Sorry to write so much. Will be a pleasure to take part in ATS community.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Philipe3d

Welcome to ATS Philipe, hope your stay will be pleasant and productive to our "little" community!

And on the OT side, Congrats Internos!

Back to topic.

Also, I woould like to thanks Internos for your gentle words. I´m not so good like you say, but I am working hard to be.

I dont think you need to work too hard anymore, if you only knew how many thousands of people your CGI videos have tricked (OK, including me at one point)
It's good to have such a skilled CGI person here!

I have always wondred, who was standing as a model for the alien grey?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
No worries bud, its a very interesting read! I can only imagine how you felt when people were insisting that these were real videos of aliens.

There are so many supposed "real" alien video's that have been discussed here so now its nice to have an expert in this field to help discern which ones are fake or hoax ones from the real ones.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Philipe, thank you for bringing to our attention an actual ISSUE:
there are people out there who download videos from youtube and exploit the contents by putting them OUT OF THEIR ORIGINAL CONTESTS.
O relato de um mib is a fictional work, never intended by its author to be passed as the real deal.

Philipe, the first thing that comes in mind is to ask you your take on this video:

You have been mentioned in some important websites like
Forgetomori
I've read your very interesting interview: it would be great if you'd share your take on this one

[edit on 10/5/2008 by internos]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Balez, nobody act like a model. Is fully CGI

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
P3d, which seems like a fine short version of your screen name, WELCOME to ATS. Glad you could join us.

Since you're new, I'll give the links I always do to new folks:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These will help you understand better the rules around here, and also a lot of info on various things to make life easier.

I look forward to hearing many things from you.

[Edit to fix link- I screwed up.
]

[edit on 9-5-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philipe3d

I know, i was joking

I'm in that kind of mood tonight it seems, sorry.

Do you also have experience in puppeteering? (like controlling puppets, dolls)?

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Well this is a nice video, but in my oppinion is not real video. I can see many possible explains to flag this video like a not real video. The first and more important is the repetitive action of "medic" moving the head to side by side. He acts like need to say: "Look. Is flexible. Is an alien!"
And in Special effects spply houses there are many products to do it flexible. Is hard to me bet in how product was used to create the body, but may be makeup FX silicon foam.

I think if the author uses a real life size corpse made with this product, the video become more atracttive and more reallistic.
But the major problem with this type of production (I don´t like to point my finger to it and say HOAX! Because I don´t find any claim from autor saing it is real) is low budget.
I think the small scale alien is explained easily if you take a look at the costs of creation a real life size alien.
ut also, in ufo casuistic there are many claims to small corpses. Using a samll alien is a way to join the useful to the pleasant.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Thanks a lot

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

I know, i was joking

yes, a have a little experience with this. But the problem with puppets is the high price to develop. An RF unity with servo motors to operate blink, jaws, end other expressions is much expensive to "just play". (exception if you are Tony Stark hahahaha)

The model question I think you are asking if the video are motion capture or any type of rotoscoping technique. It not (yet)

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balez

I know, i was joking

yes, a have a little experience with this. But the problem with puppets is the high price to develop. An RF unity with servo motors to operate blink, jaws, end other expressions is much expensive to "just play". (exception if you are Tony Stark hahahaha)

The model question I think you are asking if the video are motion capture or any type of rotoscoping technique. It not (yet)

No, i was wondering, because of the videos called "Alien Interview: Area 51"
Lots of people saying it is a puppet....
I really can't say what it is, i dont know the FX/graphics involved in creating things like this

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I think the Alien Interview really can be a puppet. Is difficult to say, because the wuality of video is very poor.
I usually suspect when the movie is so dark. I know... Is funny to say it, because the first video of "Juca" - my captive alien, is very, very dark. But when a create it is not too dark video like it in you tube. The codec used was an quicktime and this codec affect the original video brightness and contrats. Resulting in very dark production, destroing many of subtle gradation of skin tone illuminated by camera flashlight. But i am very tired and don´t replace the video. I just leave it.
If you look to first video, you will observ an vertical movement of camera. This intend to show audience there is not a puppet. And it is not a person with an mask.
I need to admit the fact of classic gray interview movie influences me to create the first video of Juca.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Internos, I know you asked Phillipe about that video...but if I may give my opinion, it's a fake. What gives it away is after the "Y" incision is made into the "corpse", the skin on either side is pulled back and there is no connective tissue preent. The skin flaps are simply laying on top of the rib cage...clearly latex or silicon.

In addition, if you watch closely in the beginning of the video when the guy is gently moving the alien's jaw up and down, the jaw "bone" is actually flexible...probably because the entire head is molded out of latex, just like the rest of the body.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inceptor

Internos, I know you asked Phillipe about that video...but if I may give my opinion, it's a fake. What gives it away is after the "Y" incision is made into the "corpse", the skin on either side is pulled back and there is no connective tissue preent. The skin flaps are simply laying on top of the rib cage...clearly latex or silicon.

In addition, if you watch closely in the beginning of the video when the guy is gently moving the alien's jaw up and down, the jaw "bone" is actually flexible...probably because the entire head is molded out of latex, just like the rest of the body.

Have a star from me mate, and welcome to ATS

The points that you've made are ALL good.
What i know for sure, is that what we are looking at does NOT match a standard procedure for autopsies: i've been also in touch with a forensic scientist who told me that what we see is "laughable".

It's needless to say, this casts many shadows on the reliability of the video by itselfs. The purpose of this thread is to try to expose how many ways are available in order to create a hoax like this one:
Philipe is an artist that has been able to create something very very close to what i would expect by an actual alien interview: the first time that i've seen it, i've been stick speechless. But all the contributes based on logic and common sense like your one IS are very, very appreciated.
Again, WELCOME

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcome, I've been reading ATS for a long time, just never registered. Not to steal Philipe's thunder or anything, but another aspect about the autopsy video I found interesting is how the guy goes to great lengths to hide the lower half of the body...probably because there is nothing there.

In particular, he is using the sheet that the body is laying on to cover the alien's hands. You can see this clearly at 1m09s into the video. I suspect that the hands were never completed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join