It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Residents in Arizona town push to remove 'militaristic' border checkpoint

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

MrSpad

Those towns are not becoming Mexican it was Mexican long before it was American.

For debate sake can we assume we are talking present day or at least sometime past 1850?

And as most illegals works a few years and return home it is not like they stay and take over. That is like calling what happens in Florida every year and invasion from Canada. They come down for half the year then leave.

There is a difference, Canadians are here legally, not taking jobs from Americans, and are not using our welfare, schools, support systems... i.e. tourist. So are you suggesting the 20 million illegals are tourist?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

jude11

How is it an invasion when Obama is basically inviting them in?

If it's an invasion then Obama is their General.

Peace

All I am saying is the border is slowly moving north one town at a time. This is why we are seeing checkpoints farther and farther north. I'm not ready to jump the police state bandwagon any farther than I am for this one situation mainly because of how things are on our border.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

NthOther

Towns along the border have always been Mexican, and they always will.

That's because Mexico is on the other side of it. And people are there, you know. Always were. It isn't as if white people just exterminated and replaced the entire indigenous population or anything.

Err. Oh yeah...

Why do people always assume this is a white against brown thing when it is an American Mexican thing?

I have a problem with people that are aligned with Mexico and demonstrate their allegiance to the Mexican flag while burning the American flag on US soil.

I have a problem with undocumented workers that opens the door for abuse, sex slave and drug trade.

I have a problem with millions using our system of limited resources for welfare, healthcare, schools etc that could be used for Americans. I'm sure you might not mind paying out billions in taxes for social services to illegals, horrendous student to teacher ratio in our schools because of illegals, waiting 10 hours in a emergency room because of illegals, but it kind of bothers me.

You know I have a sister in-law that has been waiting 10 years to do it the legal way, so I do not have much patience for those who do it illegally.

<< 1  2   >>

join