It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Successfully Raised a Nation of Psychopaths! Great Job!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

It's fun to observe people in this way. Surprisingly - as nuts as it is at Times Square - shoulder to shoulder - people are pretty calm and manage to move. Same crowd in a Walmart - there is no grace at all.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by aboutface

Sounds great.

Ive lived in great rural communities as well but its hard to come by.

Living in the city reminds me of the rats in a box test. To many rats and they start eating each other.

It's crazy all over. But I can tell you that there are still places where that kind of rudeness and disrespect are rare. They aren't all completely rural, but they're definitely not in the larger, older cities that are basically dying.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This is just the consequences of teaching self-value/self-worth without teaching it's companion: responsibility, otherwise known as OTHER'S VALUE. Should be no surprise to any of us.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Living in the city reminds me of the rats in a box test. To many rats and they start eating each other.

You do realise that one day this is what it is going to come to right?
When the feeding frenzy first ensues, it will be to gigantic to even recognize
for what is. I believe things will decend quit a bit before most realise just
what has begun. It's inevitable.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Have you heard of 'behavioural sink?' It's the concept that overcrowding increases stress in animals. Calhoun proposed it after studying overbreeding in rats. Does any of this seem familiar? >>

[...] An even greater number, after successfully giving birth, fell short in their maternal functions. Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep. The social organization of the animals showed equal disruption. [...]
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
The best part of this overcrowding is that there's 2.3 billion acres of land in the USA alone. We crowd ourselves into cities unnecessarily.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yes it does and thank you for highlighting that information in the thread for me.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

CynicalDrivel
The best part of this overcrowding is that there's 2.3 billion acres of land in the USA alone. We crowd ourselves into cities unnecessarily.

Exactly, a nation facing a lot of issues. One perhaps that there are just too many people per available resources-in this case monetary and access to them without corruptive restrictions- now that there's more and more amounting job less. There are just not going to be enough jobs. Also, that it seems like people saying Agenda21 is on the horizon-on the fence here-, they are not far off in thought. It seems harder and harder to decently live outside of the crowded areas without struggle, as if it's almost planned.

Kandinsky

Have you heard of 'behavioural sink?' It's the concept that overcrowding increases stress in animals. Calhoun proposed it after studying overbreeding in rats. Does any of this seem familiar? >>

[...] An even greater number, after successfully giving birth, fell short in their maternal functions. Among the males the behavior disturbances ranged from sexual deviation to cannibalism and from frenetic overactivity to a pathological withdrawal from which individuals would emerge to eat, drink and move about only when other members of the community were asleep. The social organization of the animals showed equal disruption. [...]
en.wikipedia.org...

Move Over Buddy Syndrome(MOBS), good comparison.

FL just had another face eater I hear.
edit on 11-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

It's inaplicable to human beings and cities:

While Calhoun was working at NIMH in 1954, he began numerous experiments with rats and mice. During his first tests, he placed around 32 to 56 rodents in a 10 x 14-foot case in a barn in Montgomery County. He separated the space into four rooms. Every room was specifically created to support a dozen matured brown Norwegian rats. Rats could maneuver between the rooms by using the ramps. Since Calhoun provided unlimited resources, such as water, food, and also protection from predators as well as disease and weather, the rats were said to be in “rat utopia” or “mouse paradise,” another psychologist explained.[7] Following his earlier experiments with rats, in 1972 Calhoun would later create his "Mortality-Inhibiting Environment for Mice": a 101-inch square cage for mice with food and water replenished to support any increase in population,[8] which took his experimental approach to its limits. In his most famous experiment in the series, "Universe 25", population peaked at 2,200 mice and thereafter exhibited a variety of abnormal, often destructive behaviors. By the 600th day, the population was on its way to extinction.[

The reason is simple. We're not rats, first off
but most importantly, we don't have unlimited resources, lack of disease, and controlled weather patterns.

In reality, some are poor and struggle, some are well off and... have other issues.

I'm in a satellite city of D/FW, upper-middle class area, over 100,000 population. People are for the most part in control of their selves, and a bit laid back compared to other parts of the metro area. There's a feeling of loose conforminty, that being eccentricity is allowed within reason, but overall everyone works well with each other. It's still more conservative than some other cities (like austin down south), but there's certainly not a lot of "psychos" around here.

I'd suggest with human beings, the act is cultural, and socio-economic. It's a result of converging trends spanning multiple generations, to within a decade or so. The more well off areas still have that narcissism going on, but it's projected out in a different way. It's bordering pathological, but within acceptable norms for the areas micro-culture. The more people are packed into areas with jobs that can't provide for their basic needs, the more they will lash out, and become ego-centric. I think it's even a step further than that. The loss need not be realized, just perceived. A baseline is set in acceptable standards of living, and decline from this perceived level of acceptance brings about psychosocial stress.

Completely different than the model. Basic needs are given in unlimited supply.
edit on 11-2-2014 by webedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I remember my third call, on a cellphone. I was greeted with "what are you doing with a cell phone?"

I shrugged this off, and expressed a desire to simply talk. I think I said something like "I still have a bunch of unused minutes...I just want to talk...", which exacerbated things further.

"Good for you, but I'm sort of busy."

There was a certain baited meanness in the early days. Cellulars were for the ones who had it all, and wanted more.

It became a way to flaunt superiority.

So I learned to just keep things to myself.

It's not hard to extrapolate the future when given such a glimpse into how technology is rolled out.

Been out on the road, lately?

I rest my case.

In a word, they sold us ourselves, a way to amplify our true propensities, and it is ugly.

I won't bother with connecting the dots. Let's just write this off as more 'word salad' for the masses.

The whole thing started with the 3 stooges. Sort of a 'let's see how offensive we can act in everyone's family room, or den'.

Or bedroom. Soon, they will wonder how they wiped their butts, without us.

Face it. Everyone loves their piper, whistling in the night, through the wires, entraining us with their magical wireless God. But no one must ever speak the piper's name.

# 148

edit on 11-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I noticed that where i work about 10 years ago everyones mentality changed, people didnt care anymore ,they had a surly attitude ,religious people gave up being religious and started swearing, getting drunk, going to prostitutes ,one of the religious people was nothing but a liar and hypocrite .Even the Managers didnt care that no one cared ,it was like a virus had infected everyone .I had several girlfriends and their whole mentality was My Life ,My Career ,My Holiday ,etc it was never about us ,or Our life or Our future,then one day just cut and ran with someone else and a bunch of excuses .People have just become Rogues and thieving opportunists , going through life using everyone for ''MY LIFE'' ,just a single minded selfish attitude ,based on Self .It reminded of in the Bible where it says ,''In the last days men will be lovers of themselves ,fond of themselves ,not open to any agreement ,unthankful,fierce,lovers of money rather than lovers of God '' .I thought well they got that right ! I used to go out of my way to help people, but not anymore ,its like a spell has come over people ,if you try to be courteous ,they see it as a weakness ,and an opportunity to take advantage of you.Everyone has become their own little God ,they are a Law unto themselves ,like little Satanists, which i suppose is what they are .Woe to the earth and to the sea, for the Devil has come down to the Earth have Great anger knowing he has a short period of time'' ,whether its his Anger and mentality that is contagious, and is pervading humanity ,maybe....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

onequestion
Everywhere i look around me i see people yelling at everyone in their cars, pushing people around verbally at gas stations, grocery stores, and everywhere else. People have this general attitude of being better then everyone around either due to finance or due to thinking they are more intelligent. I see it from poor people, rich people, kids, adults and old people alike. Its almost as if a spirit of super ego has been embraced by our entire nation.

At one point in this country we used to care about each other. We used to stand for something honest and hard working. People cared about the community they lived in and the people in it. Now people practice what i call cannibalism. They eat the person below them to fatten their wallets. I believe this is apart of the modern corporate culture where your loyalty to the company is paramount to your responsibility to the person next to you to be honest and trustworthy.

What happened?

Whats happening?

Its changed so much in my short lifetime.

My advice its time for you to move its not like that everywhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

onequestion
Everywhere i look around me i see people yelling at everyone in their cars, pushing people around verbally at gas stations, grocery stores, and everywhere else. People have this general attitude of being better then everyone around either due to finance or due to thinking they are more intelligent. I see it from poor people, rich people, kids, adults and old people alike. Its almost as if a spirit of super ego has been embraced by our entire nation.

At one point in this country we used to care about each other. We used to stand for something honest and hard working. People cared about the community they lived in and the people in it. Now people practice what i call cannibalism. They eat the person below them to fatten their wallets. I believe this is apart of the modern corporate culture where your loyalty to the company is paramount to your responsibility to the person next to you to be honest and trustworthy.

What happened?

Whats happening?

Well a wrong thread heading!!

What you described does not mean psychopathic.

and anyway, nothing stays the same....but everything always returns eventually!!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

onequestion

What happened?

Whats happening?

That's not what I see in general. To some degree sure most often in workplaces do you see people feeding on those further down the food chain. And I live in the City of the Angels - but I see helpful, nice people all around - I see Angels.

I think the problem is one of perception. If you expect people to be mean to each other - that's what you'll see, that's what you'll remember. If you like, try to notice the nice things people say and do and make a point of remembering that - it's not so easy - LOL. Our minds have a natural negative bias - at one time it helped with survival. Give it a try.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Part of the reason is that constantly having cell phones and other tech in their ears and at their fingertips makes some people either be or appear to be just plain stupid and/or unaware of their surroundings and/or they become so used to interacting "online" that they become insensitive to and dismissive of others who are actually physically around them. The other part is other people either being just like or reacting to this stupidity and insensitivity and dismissiveness. Yeah...I said it.

edit on 2/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: typo

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Our western world is raising people who are self centered and rely solely on themselves. We are racing further and further into instant gratification, sacrificing quality, social interaction and service.

Now, this is how we breed sociopaths, and we really shouldn't be surprised by it either. Our society is broken, The morals our parents taught us no longer apply. Everyone is self centered and could really give two #s about anything that isn't theirs.

God bless Emurcah

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by violet

Nope no contradictions.

I'm actually one of the kindest people alive in person. I willfully go out of my way to be kind and gentle to people and i do everything i can.

Maybe thats the problem?

I'm like that as well and I think it is a problem for me at times. People are telling me lately I'm being too kind.
Anyways, I'm sorry if I misunderstood you.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The sum is greater than the individual parts.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I agree with other posters.

It's stress and pushing people around is a stress relief.

People are worried about the future, and meanwhile they can't afford to do something meaningful, something they want to do with their lives because they have to put food on the table.

And there's no time. Have to work low wages, long hours just to pay rent. We can never get ahead, never relax.

Then people who have this baggage are then treated terribly by someone else who has baggage. This someone could be a boss, a customer, a cashier, another driver. This treatment ruins their day and they pay it forward until everyone is pushing around everyone else.

edit on 12-2-2014 by collietta because: grammar stinks late at night

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

collietta

It's stress and pushing people around is a stress relief.

People are worried about the future, and meanwhile they can't afford to do something meaningful, something they want to do with their lives because they have to put food on the table.

And there's no time. Have to work low wages, long hours just to pay rent. We can never get ahead, never relax.

Then people who have this baggage are then treated terribly by someone else who has baggage. This someone could be a boss, a customer, a cashier, another driver. This treatment ruins their day and they pay it forward until everyone is pushing around everyone else.

edit on 12-2-2014 by collietta because: grammar stinks late at night

I would have to say you are right on there.
Good post.

Now...how do we reverse that 'trend' ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join