It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Million Felons, 47 Million on SNAP, 13 Million on Welfare, 15 Million Unemployed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Right but what about the 5 million other people? thats roughly 17% of america and possibly more.

Your completely missing the point it has nothing to do with you and how much you make thats not the point. Your to blind to see the truth. You cant see the masses of people around you struggling with no end in sight? That shouldnt make you guilty that should make you feel great because who better to help someone when their down then someone who has everything figured out?
edit on 20141America/ChicagoquAmerica/Chicago1431272014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by opethPA

Right but what about the 5 million other people? thats roughly 17% of america and possibly more.

Yup..it sucks..and I am 100% worried for this coming generation , anyone 30 now.

What i know is I have no time to spend worrying about what might be because the minute I do hundreds of other people are trying to get to the job I have.
edit on 2014pAmerica/Chicago3107ppm by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Exactly, now that perspective i can agree with. Just know im not attacking you for what youve done its a small handful of people preventing this world from becoming a beautiful prosperous world that everyone can enjoy, thats my point.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by onequestion

So.....make it more comfortable for people that are poor, to stay poor by handing out more stuff.

Yeah, makes sense to me.

Tax money should not be going to most of this crap.

There are people that truly need it, I get that. But that percentage is small.

People should not be paid to not work for 3 years.
Welfare should not be something people get on for life.
I am tired of seeing people use EBT cards for their Milk and bread, only to turn around and pull out a wad of cash for beer and smokes. And then see them driving a new car.

Want people to get out of poverty??? make it uncomfortable to be there. It is amazing how fast people will move when a fire is lit under their butt.

Yes, people will move fast with a fire lit under them.

I have a question for you though.

Is this not the country which simultaneously has the highest number of drug users, prisoners, and rich people on the planet?

Nutt to butt, private. Light a fire and get ready for a big cluster #.

Who wears short shorts?

Girls wear short shorts.

Putchya canteen by ya dick before I get recycled.

Brainwashing CAN NOT HAPPEN! Impossible.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Actual unemployment is 37.2%

Don't believe the happy talk coming out of the White House, Federal Reserve and Treasury Department when it comes to the real unemployment rate and the true “Misery Index.” Because, according to an influential Wall Street advisor, the figures are a fraud. the actual unemployment rate of those not working at a sky-high 37.2 percent, not the 6.7 percent advertised by the Fed, and the Misery Index at over 14, not the 8 claimed by the government.

washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaytonaBeach

Interesting, i wonder where he got his numbers from?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DaytonaBeach

This can easily justify the necessity of psychological manipulation.

Obviously, all of these suffering people are irresponsible.

United Cult of America

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Some got there through hard work, others like to think they got there through hard work, but they really don't understand the meaning of hard work.

One woman in particular that I know brags about how she is a self made woman who got there through hard work, and I think deep down she truly believes it, but the reality is, she married into money. Her husbands family funded her business, and she built it on the backs of her hard working employees that she treated like they were beneath her her. She never lost sleep working into the wee hours of the night, no, I have to give her husband the credit for that one, on top of his job as the director of a hospital. Her husband and employees did all the work, but in her mind her success was due to HER hard work.

Maybe I am a bit jaded, but I give credit where credit is due, and I believe that a decent percentage of the super wealthy got their due to opportunity, not because they worked harder than the rest of us. I am not saying that applies to all of them, but it does apply to a decent percentage. They had better education that the majority of us could never afford, and family connections. With out that they wouldn't be any better off than you or myself. I do not believe the are working any harder than many of the average middle class or working poor.

Now, the ones that did come from nothing and worked their way to the top, with out the aide of luck and being in the right place at the right time, I have every ounce of respect for them.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

"Fire separates the gold from the garbage.

Think Neo in the Matrix when he accepts what he is as himself and takes responsibility for whats going on he is then what he becomes. If that makes sense."

The purpose behind this thread is evidenced in your sig.

Pure intent is not in your frame of reference.

Manipulation of perceptions. The art of world domination.

Perception management.

World View Warfare.

Psy ops.

I wonder if Jesus warned about this stuff....
edit on 31-1-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: forgot quotes

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Right but heres where your going to hit a roadblock with this debate.

We have 2 kinds of people here, 1 kind who is empathetic towards the plight of their fellow man, and the 2, the type of cannot grasp experience outside of their own, they have an inability to empathizing and understanding perspective.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Why respect hard work? God said he doesn't care about your hard work.

Respect purity and pure intent. It is far more rare and far harder to achieve than hard work.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I wish you would clarify your position more because if i could understand what your saying it seems like there is potential for it to be valuable point of view.

Please clarify.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Why respect hard work? God said he doesn't care about your hard work.

Respect purity and pure intent. It is far more rare and far harder to achieve than hard work.

I agree with this 110%.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

onequestion

I wish you would clarify your position more because if i could understand what your saying it seems like there is potential for it to be valuable point of view.

Please clarify.

Your sig

Fire separates the gold from the garbage.

Think Neo in the Matrix when he accepts what he is as himself and takes responsibility for whats going on he is then what he becomes. If that makes sense.

Let me give you an allegorical reply first. This is not a personal allegory, and not meant to be taken as literal allegory (if that makes sense).

1. There are two kinds of fire. The kind that burns and the kind that cleanses. Human fire burns. The fire of God cleanses. The fire that separates the gold from the garbage is the fire that brings the ideal officer to the tyrant. This is the fire that separates gold from garbage. The fire that cleanses is the fire that brings that brings the ideal comfort to the peasant, the prisoner, or the outcast. This is the fire that brings the ideal servant to God.

As for the part about Neo, it is useless to our situation. If you would like me to elaborate, I will, but I prefer to touch on the first part of your sig in detail first.
edit on 31-1-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

1. There are two kinds of fire. The kind that burns and the kind that cleanses. Human fire burns. The fire of God cleanses. The fire that separates the gold from the garbage is the fire that brings the ideal officer to the tyrant. This is the fire that separates gold from garbage. The fire that cleanses is the fire that brings that brings the ideal comfort to the peasant, the prisoner, or the outcast.

I agree. Its a spiritual cleansing.

What about pure intent?

Pure intent is not in your frame of reference.

edit on 20141America/Chicagoq000000America/Chicago5231102014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If I may, I will give more allegory. We will be touching on the part about Neo after this if you still want to.

To a mind that is pure, all is pure.

Should a soldier involve himself or herself in civilian affairs?

Are you a soldier in Spirit, or a civilian?
edit on 31-1-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

To a mind that is pure, all is pure.

Youll have to go deeper into that one.

Do you mean that to a pure mind they see or appreciate the perfection of imperfection? Is this the train of thought your in?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
If you have no regard for the welfare of your fellow Americans, you weren't raised right. "Objectivism" is un-American.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rupertg

Your so right. This is what im getting at here.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

onequestion

Right but heres where your going to hit a roadblock with this debate.

We have 2 kinds of people here, 1 kind who is empathetic towards the plight of their fellow man, and the 2, the type of cannot grasp experience outside of their own, they have an inability to empathizing and understanding perspective.

I have to agree 100% but I have to try and get my point across anyways.

Imagine the world we could live in if there was just a 1% increase in empathy from everyone on this planet.

I know a lot of people here are talking about income distribution, but what if everyone got the same k-12 education regardless of neighborhood or income? Right there would be a huge step in leveling the playing field.
edit on 31-1-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join