It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA sued by Rhawn Joseph for failing to examine alien life on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   

NASA said the appearance of the rock was straightforward - perhaps nearby impact sent the rock toward the rover, or, most likely, Opportunity knocked the rock from the ground and no one noticed until later.

NASA's claims don't wash with self-described scientist and author Rhawn Joseph.

He has filed a lawsuit in the US District Court Northern District of California claiming the white rock was a living thing and is seeking an order forcing NASA and its Administrator, Charles Boulden, to investigate the rock more diligently.

NASA sued by Rhawn Joseph for failing to examine alien life on Mars

Joseph, who is aligned with the online Journal of Cosmology, seeks NASA to "perform a public, scientific, and statutory duty which is to closely photograph and thoroughly scientifically examine and investigate a putative biological organism."

Joseph does not believe it to be a rock.

Mr Joseph is suing NASA for failing to examine the item of which NASA has determined to be a rock. It seems as if NASA's refusal to look further into the case has sparked the lawsuit:

"The refusal to take close up photos from various angles, the refusal to take microscopicimages of the specimen, the refusal to release high resolution photos, is inexplicable, recklessly negligent, and bizarre," the lawsuit alleged.

Here is the item in question:

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

"When examined by Petitioner the same structure in miniature was clearly visible upon magnification and appears to have just germinated from spores."

The "rock," according to the lawsuit, was there the whole time, it just grew until it became visible.

LOL ... this guy's apt to get a smack-down for filing a frivolous lawsuit.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hmm I still think it looks like a rock, or they ran over a doughnut.

I don't know if it's ok to sue, but think it's ok to question.

Anyway just noticed another little anomaly, slightly up left from the rock it looks like there is a small cogwheel or something, that is not on the other pic.

Could be a shadow, but i don't think so.

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Looks like a pretty strange rock to me... surely it wouldn't be THAT hard to just have a better picture of it taken just for absolute confirmation? I find it odd that they haven't already. Maybe this guy is on to something?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Thats why i am questioning whatever or not the rover is actually on mars, i mean that rock looks like as if someone placed it.

Someone at NASA.

(LOL look at the idiots thinking that we are on Mars, our public are such brainless idiots. )
edit on 29-1-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well, it is hard to see, but if you look very closely, you can see that the rock in question is not the only thing in the two shots, which either appears, as is the case with the rock, but if you look at the slab of rock upon which this drama is playing out, at the bottom of that individual slab, there is a little grey area of rock, slightly different in colour to its surroundings. In the first shot, there are two pebble sized chunks of rock, just above this area. They appear to have moved a few centimetres in the second shot, which to my mind lends weight to the possibility that the questionable item was kicked into place by the wheels of the rover.
edit on 29-1-2014 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

(LOL look at the idiots thinking that we are on Mars, our public are such brainless idiots. )

Then prove to those brainless idiots that we aren't there, it shouldn't be that hard to prove now should it?

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

"The refusal to take close up photos from various angles, the refusal to take microscopicimages of the specimen, the refusal to release high resolution photos, is inexplicable, recklessly negligent, and bizarre," the lawsuit alleged.

Whether it is a rock or not, the guy has a point. You don't spend years and billions sending a robot to Mars, only to land, explore and ignore points of interest. The robot is currently stationed near the object, so look at it again? It's made the news, the public are interested and now there are calls for further images to be released. You're there, on Mars, so do it? Like the guy says - it's bizarre.
edit on 29/1/14 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Aww common, everyone knows NASA isn't there to provide any factual data; its only mission is to keep people believing mars is just a dead rock.

IF and When they make any statement regarding water/micro-organism its always in the PAST tense.
edit on thAmerica/Chicago129000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

JadeStar posted NASA's close-up pics and analysis of this rock - NASA did do the close-up, it did do a mineral analysis. Or did he know that and wants them to do more?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Occams Razor says its just a rock kicked by the wheels.

HOWEVER, if creatures were to live on Mars, I would expect they would all look like rocks. Isn't survival about blending in?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Call me cynical, but the first thing that crossed my mind was, this lawsuit is a setup to make those who see things in Mars images look silly, and fringe. Even if it isn't a setup. A lawsuit like this will make anyone who thinks outside the box concerning Mars images a looney. That's very convenient.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Blending in??? You obviously haven't seen the tattooed ear gaged teens around here. They are not blending. They want to stand out not blend in.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

To ask NASA to do honest scientific work with existing equipment on Mars is like asking the US government to use its various state-of-the-art equipment to finally prove the existence of UFOs buzzing around here.

At one time in history, scientific discovery was directly involved in improving the lives of the masses. The advancements were along the line of very immediately improving the lives of those that supported it and need and used it daily. It was a noble endeavor with definite, "shovel-ready" results.

These days, Science has become a tool of oppression and a wedge between itself with its controller the government on the top side and those paying the bills in one form or another on the down side. All too frequently, we learn of physical ways to control the rowdy rather than hand us down a new manna from heaven.

But principally these days, Science is divorced from the daily, practical lives of the people except as a propaganda tool used in a thousand open and insidious ways to guide cultures and societies toward a goal that government seeks. That is not always a bad aim, but the question must be asked, "Who put you (the government) in charge?" We didn't. we vote for the people, but the policy rules and operations are usually already in place, humming along as then enfold the newly elected and continue.

My particular corner of this bitch (figuratively or literally) is that as a UFO abductee of many decades ago, I know that most of what we get as news and major developments about life anywhere from scientific investigations today are filtered through a fine screen to allow only the most appropriate information and data to seep through. The proof of that is, of course, is that there never has been and never will be a through and honest science-to-the-max investigation of the UFO phenomena. (They did all that was necessary back before most of your grandparents were born.)

This situation doesn't start and end with whether ETs are swarming to our planet or not, it starts with a conspiracy of giant proportions that if it did not drive the causes of WWII, it certainly drove the Cold War, the so-called Space Race which has merged with others to be a joint exercise to bring the true state (more or less) of the cosmos to the average citizen. But it is far more than that simple educational problem. Part and parcel to that awareness is the absolute changes being forced upon the citizenry of the world by the major controlling governments. Frankly stated, science as it exists today in the world is not your friend, it is the tool of your enslavers. An enormous lie that they assume must be sold to you because you cannot handle the simple truth nor could you be expected to allow them to remain in power once that truth was known.

They like nothing better than us to quibble over UFOs, life on Mars, etc. because it feeds directly into what they have up their sleeves far beyond making simple a declaration that, "Yes, other life is out there and is here.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Blending in??? You obviously haven't seen the tattooed ear gaged teens around here. They are not blending. They want to stand out not blend in.

Touche. Maybe we should send them to Mars and see how well they blend in there?

(i keep thinking of the phrase "Will it blend?" from those videos, and getting evil chuckles from it).

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Great comments in this thread.
S&F

If the rock is biological, how would it get energy to survive?

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

As for the object in the Curiosity images, I offer the rather wild idea that NASA as messed with the data. I wonder if the images have been reversed, if SOL 3540 was taken first and later switched with SOL 3528? ridiculous idea? I base that on the simple observation that the supposedly first image shows (to me) traces of wind-blown debris exactly where it would have gathered around the bottom edge as the rock rested upon the base rock. That is exactly what we would expect in a place with high winds.

Having the object (a mere rock?) to seemingly appear by switching the order of the images is far better than it being found in place and then disappearing at some point later, leaving a big mystery of where it went. If subsequent, trustworthy, images have or can be obtained that definitely prove the rock still there, then my conjecture here is entirely false. If they won't show us the same area at anytime any more, than it is most likely that my conjecture is correct.

That we have been allowed to see and think about possible ramifications of this very simple incident is another proof of the way we are Sheparded alone the way.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Aliensun
the supposedly first image shows (to me) traces of wind-blown debris exactly where it would have gathered around the bottom edge as the rock rested upon the base rock.
I saw the same illusion at first glance, but then I took a closer look. What I thought was the bottom edge of the rock outline is still visible in the right image, so it doesn't really line up.

However there is a resemblance between the shape of that rock and the shape of that outline, but I think it's just coincidence.

About the lawsuit, if they get NASA to stop to look at these alien life forms that look like rocks, next they will be asking them to stop and look at all the alien technology, that also looks like rocks. Good camoflauge job, to make everything look like rocks.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb8ed94de05e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Aliensun

To ask NASA to do honest scientific work with existing equipment on Mars is like asking the US government to use its various state-of-the-art equipment to finally prove the existence of UFOs buzzing around here.

At one time in history, scientific discovery was directly involved in improving the lives of the masses. The advancements were along the line of very immediately improving the lives of those that supported it and need and used it daily. It was a noble endeavor with definite, "shovel-ready" results.

These days, Science has become a tool of oppression and a wedge between itself with its controller the government on the top side and those paying the bills in one form or another on the down side. All too frequently, we learn of physical ways to control the rowdy rather than hand us down a new manna from heaven.

But principally these days, Science is divorced from the daily, practical lives of the people except as a propaganda tool used in a thousand open and insidious ways to guide cultures and societies toward a goal that government seeks. That is not always a bad aim, but the question must be asked, "Who put you (the government) in charge?" We didn't. we vote for the people, but the policy rules and operations are usually already in place, humming along as then enfold the newly elected and continue.

My particular corner of this bitch (figuratively or literally) is that as a UFO abductee of many decades ago, I know that most of what we get as news and major developments about life anywhere from scientific investigations today are filtered through a fine screen to allow only the most appropriate information and data to seep through. The proof of that is, of course, is that there never has been and never will be a through and honest science-to-the-max investigation of the UFO phenomena. (They did all that was necessary back before most of your grandparents were born.)

This situation doesn't start and end with whether ETs are swarming to our planet or not, it starts with a conspiracy of giant proportions that if it did not drive the causes of WWII, it certainly drove the Cold War, the so-called Space Race which has merged with others to be a joint exercise to bring the true state (more or less) of the cosmos to the average citizen. But it is far more than that simple educational problem. Part and parcel to that awareness is the absolute changes being forced upon the citizenry of the world by the major controlling governments. Frankly stated, science as it exists today in the world is not your friend, it is the tool of your enslavers. An enormous lie that they assume must be sold to you because you cannot handle the simple truth nor could you be expected to allow them to remain in power once that truth was known.

They like nothing better than us to quibble over UFOs, life on Mars, etc. because it feeds directly into what they have up their sleeves far beyond making simple a declaration that, "Yes, other life is out there and is here.

I just wanted to quote this post again because it struck me as very profound. I believe AlienSun has outlined our human predicament, exactly.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

NASA's claims don't wash with self-described scientist and author Rhawn Joseph.

Perhaps he should look at the rover's status page...

On Sol 3548 (Jan. 16, 2014), Opportunity repositioned the Alpha Particle X-ray Spectrometer (APXS) on Pinnacle Island for an overnight integration, documenting the placement with a Microscopic Imager (MI) finder frame. On Sol 3551 (Jan. 19, 2014), the rover again repositioned the APXS on Pinnacle Island for a multi-sol integration, documenting the new placement with a Microscopic Image finder frame and front Hazards Avoidance Camera (Hazcam) images.

And maybe wait until they are finished snapping photos of the rock...

Sol 3554
Sol 3555

What could Rhawn Joseph's motivation possibly be?

Buy Rhawn's book

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join