It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone be pro-life and still eat meat?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

And when it boils right down to it, we are all just animated by the same flickering electricity referenced in the post above. What makes your flickering electricity or my flickering electricity any more or less special than the flickering electricity of any other human at any stage?

And at what point does it become worthy to be considered more special?

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

When it's recognizable.

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

ketsuko
Well, if you took DNA samples from that "collection of cells" and you and gave both to a scientist, he couldn't tell you that one was only a "collection of cells" and the other was a mature man/woman, but he could conclusively tell you that both are human.

Are you kidding? If you take that even further down then they are both made of atoms and are completely indistinguishable from any other matter. Where do you draw the line? Face it. Life is a continuous process that just keeps rolling along ... hopefully.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   

ConMi27
I'm a vegetarian and I'm pro-choice. What does that make me? A hypocrite? Interesting theory. I like it!

Can you be vegan and still pro-choice? Absolutely - You just have to argue hours on end with someone about exactly where human life begins!

Pointlessly may i add.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Nope, not in my opinion. If someone claims the label "Pro-life" and they still eat meat, there is a massive disconnect there imnho.

You're confusing a 'pro-life' stance, with anti-animal cruelty.

Pro-life refers to Human beings, the other doesn't.

There are some people who would rather choose to die than to kill and eat an animal, although i have empathy towards animals, and do not wish to see any animal suffer, i don't hold the same view.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by redhorse

Yes, thanks for the explanation.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join