It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Threat Emerges Amid Security Concerns Over Sochi Winter Olympics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
OK,

I know it's CNN but what can I do if that's where it is?

So we have a threat that SEEMS credible but is it really?

www.cnn.com...

A video surfaces threatening the Winter Olympics. Russia's President vows the Games will be safe. Some U.S. lawmakers warn that they won't be. One thing was clear as debate over the situation surged on Sunday: security is a top concern, less than three weeks away from the competition. Putin: Gays 'can feel safe' at Sochi U.S. Rep. on Sochi: Russia not sharing Sen. on Sochi security: 'I would not go' "It's a very serious fear," Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, told CNN's State of the Union Sunday.

And we have usual culprits as well:

In the video, the men are dressed in black and standing in front of a black banner with religious verse that is typically associated with al Qaeda-linked extremists.

We all knew this threat was coming so were many of us right in thinking there is something behind it that will lead to a larger conflict or worse...on a World scale?

I get so confused with it all but I know one thing for sure. We WILL see it coming long before whatever it is happens.

Peace

edit on 19-1-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What a giant cluster@#$% this is turning out to be.

I dont even know what to think now days.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

shaneslaughta
What a giant cluster@#$% this is turning out to be.

I dont even know what to think now days.

I'm with you.

Beezer posted an excellent rant on our deepening fears of just about everything and how our fears are used to control us and/or get us in line.

And now we have this...?

Not scared, just confused.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

jude11

I'm with you.

Beezer posted an excellent rant on our deepening fears of just about everything and how our fears are used to control us and/or get us in line.

I was there and posted some as well.

More fuel for the fire. Rage on.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

jude11

I'm with you.

I was there and posted some as well.

More fuel for the fire. Rage on.

It is interesting tho that the supposed terrorists are the same ones who claim responsibility for those previous attacks a few weeks ago.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The video on CNN of the alleged terrorist threat is mute. The two men could be talking about anything, we have only CNN's word that they are talking about terrorist activities. I think the video is fake and was made to boost ratings.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The threat sounds like it could be biological in nature. Maybe im just looking to deep into it.

"We have prepared a present for you all"

If they really want to do damage, a bombing would work just like in Volgograd;

But wouldn't a surprise to take home and fester a few days be more effective.

I guess my next question is who is "You All"?

The USA, Russians, everyone?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
we cannot be scared. we cannot let the terrorist win we cannot le t the terrorist win. threat or no threat. to the olympics.? they will not disrupt our Olympics we cannot be scared.,, we will weed out every last one of them lets show them they can not scare us. Eff them. I'm tired if shaking. In my boots from them.
edit on 19-1-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
All I see is a couple of a$$hat douche-bags with a jihadi flag and video recorder. They have claimed responsibility for earlier bombings... "claim" and "did" are much different words.

If every one of these video threats had been carried out in the past, I might worry.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Okay.

Honestly, I can't bear our modern world Olympics.
Billions of money wasted on temporary fame-wannabes.

I wouldn't have any problem with it if there wasn't so much money involved... and a planet dying besides.

But now, by the look of it, it's more like a free 2 weeks-pass for the elite to do as they wish as people are completely absorbed by their marvelous television.

And then, you've got these new terrorists threats which only seem to add to this whole non-sense of democratic world peace OIympics.

Interesting times, indeed.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
A terror attack would ramp up the war on terrorism another notch. Just what the world needs. Settle in for another few decades this stuff.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Tindalos2013
The video on CNN of the alleged terrorist threat is mute. The two men could be talking about anything, we have only CNN's word that they are talking about terrorist activities. I think the video is fake and was made to boost ratings.

Well if that is the case, then we should expect to chase our tails over this for the next decade.

I am not so sure its fake. Religious fanatics like these who think they get 72 virgins in the afterlife. Willing to kill themselves for martyrdom, do it to get their word out. Why wouldn't they take responsibility?

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey Jude, if they pull this out of the hat. The whole World had better learn Russian real fast and keep there heads down. Something is comming between now and the end of March. Something that will shake the Global status quo.By November the World will feel upside down.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

roadgravel
A terror attack would ramp up the war on terrorism another notch. Just what the world needs. Settle in for another few decades this stuff.

It would really get Team America World Police on guard.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Tindalos2013

CNN fake a story? Never!

Very possible my friend.

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Considering Russian security forces have already carried out a pre-Olympic sweep on militant groups, resulting in a shootout and multiple fatalities - It'll be interesting to see whether or not that decision turns out to be for better, or for worse. If they're going to continue going back and forth, what better time for the opposition to make their next move?

As far as I can tell Putin seems more than certain everything will be just fine. But as with many terrorist strikes; including the bombings in Russia last month, anything is possible. I would listen to the video, but it's tough to grade its credibility - I guess we'll find out eventually.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

roadgravel

Isn't that the truth. Not to mention the havoc to be dished out around the world by the military.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

roadgravel

It Does seem to fit the Agenda, Doesn't it?

Peace

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

roadgravel

Isn't that the truth. Not to mention the havoc to be dished out around the world by the military.

Just think about the fear they would create. Maybe that is the idea?

Not knowing when or how the next attack will happen would stir the pot.

posted on Jan, 19 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

shaneslaughta

roadgravel

It would Definitely give them justification for a World police state.

Very convenient if true.

Peace

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join