It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We do NOT live in a police state! Please move on.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

Those "nonrandom" vids are exactly what I asked you not to do. WE CAN ALL place videos up!! Form an argument and use your own perspectives and analysis. How hard is it too scrummage around for vids?

From the wiki page, the author cites "The Encyclopedia of Police Science" Link, claiming:

Fictional police states[edit]

Main article: List of fictional police states
Fictional police states have been featured in a number of media ranging from novels to films to video games. George Orwell's 1984 has been described as "the definitive fictional treatment of a police state, which has also influenced contemporary usage of the term".[14]

This is interesting because they are distinguishing a difference between contemporary use of the term.

I present this because many terms have found new meaning of the years, and while it irks me seeing some of them used improperly or as misnomers, the use of language adheres to the context that is most popular (or what is accepted use, rather).
edit on 18-1-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Rosha

JFK was the first to openly announce the existence of a conspiracy to enslave every man woman and child within the USA..was he a 'nut' too? Hm?

I believe you are talking about the communism speech which is just cold war rhetoric. That should not be purveyed as fact. (If I'm mistaken please correct me.)

Just cold war rhetoric? Hm.

Tell me where he speaks of Cold War/Russia here?

Link

He is talking about the conspiracy of silence - fear and intimidation, the enforcing of SECRECY already by this time that was effecting his OWN government. He basically PLEADS for the 'fifth' estate, the media, to get off their as*es and investigate! Not knowing or perhaps not realizing they had already been 'pacified' as a group. He tried to tell the world what is coming.

The 'monolithic conspiracy' he was speaking of wasn't in communist Russia. Wasn't communistic agendas. He was speaking of a collection of groups that at the time were still secret societies that have since merged loosely under the banner of "Zionism". This speech, was the last time a US President was 'free' to speak even that much about what they did know out loud. Even by this time he had to speak in symbolic cipher..he knew what was at stake. There are several linguistics experts analysis available, so go look for yourself...really 'listen'.

Zionism, is a method, one being used to incrementally gain total global control - of everything. And it is essentially, a bunch of racist psychopaths, masking as a trans-global "internationalist" movement headed by cartel bankers and intelligence mercenaries that already, have near total control of every aspect of human life.

As Carlin once said..god rest his perky little soul....Georgie boy..

Don't believe me! Go investigate for yourself! You ARE the only 'media' left!

Ro
edit on 18-1-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

ThichHeaded

Scrummage for videos and images?

The ones I posted are personal images taken by me, The girl in the video below well friend of mine.. Ya... no not really.. Some of this does happen in the town you live in.. Just saying...

Pull your head out of your ass, its funny with you people.. Its not an issue till it happens to you...

BTW Like my sig man.. you should listen to the rest of the song.

::EDIT::

Just for you projectbane

edit on 1/18/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

You use rage against the Machine? Really? Well i find them to live in a complete dream world politics wise. So far left which for any modern society is only going the breed mediocrity and complacency at best.....

You might as well propose the misguided political views of an idiot like Ayn Rand who never quite knew where she stood swinging in both directions throughout her career..... but preaching one thing while doing another. It is all nonsense in reality.

Two political views by two sets of people above but both equally inappropriate in reality. they sound VERY good in theory! But with the mix of cultures could never be established to please everybody. So I wont even bother listening to that drivel of a song!!
edit on 18-1-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

ust cold war rhetoric? Hm.

Tell me where he speaks of Cold War/Russia here?

Link

He is talking about the conspiracy of silence - fear and intimidation, the enforcing of SECRECY already b by this time that was effecting his OWN government.

Yeah I thought so. Sorry.

This has been grossly distorted. Clipped, cut up, and slapped together to convey an entirely different meaning. They leave in Kennedy saying “Ladies and gentlemen,” then clip out the entire first 1/3 of the speech. Not only that, but then segments of the speech are cropped out of it, completely stripping any context out of it.

You can read the entire speech here.

The whole Karl Marx part really makes me think I know what I'm talking about:

If only this capitalistic New York newspaper had treated him more kindly; if only Marx had remained a foreign correspondent, history might have been different. And I hope all publishers will bear this lesson in mind the next time they receive a poverty-stricken appeal for a small increase in the expense account from an obscure newspaper man.

I have selected as the title of my remarks tonight “The President and the Press.” Some may suggest that this would be more naturally worded “The President Versus the Press.” But those are not my sentiments tonight.

…Or you know, how the entire speech is about communism. The recent events he was talking about was the Bay of Pigs. He basically made a plea to the press to consider national security and makes mention he doesn't want to create a propaganda machine to do it, but he wants the press to willingly participate. (Since the cold war was all about freedom vs. communism his tactics make sense.)

From his own words (I can chop it up too):

But in the absence of open warfare, they recognized only the tests of journalism and not the tests of national security. And my question tonight is whether additional tests should not now be adopted.

Every newspaper now asks itself, with respect to every story: “Is it news?” All I suggest is that you add the question: “Is it in the interest of the national security?” And I hope that every group in America–unions and businessmen and public officials at every level– will ask the same question of their endeavors, and subject their actions to the same exacting tests.

I have no intention of establishing a new Office of War Information to govern the flow of news. I am not suggesting any new forms of censorship or any new types of security classifications. I have no easy answer to the dilemma that I have posed, and would not seek to impose it if I had one. But I am asking the members of the newspaper profession and the industry in this country to reexamine their own responsibilities, to consider the degree and the nature of the present danger, and to heed the duty of self-restraint which that danger imposes upon us all.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Ahh that denial based argument..sigh. Been there..done that too. I suppose if Hitler had been accepted into art college instead of getting rejected we'd not have had the second world war too ...right? Specious reasoning at its best.
Kennedy makes a deliberate separation between speaking of Marx and the rest of his speech, he also pauses for quite a length before beginning this final section of his speech in which no mention of Marx or any other person known to the public is mentioned.

For what its worth......you win...I'm not a teacher..if you want education go discover for yourself, you wont hear a word anyone says until you see it for yourself. That or you go on back to sleep..we're all going great..life is a peachy rose...everything juuust fine.

I really dont have time to play today....and hey..it's your country..you wake up and go clean it up..we have enough work to do keeping our politicians and police from selling us out.

enjoy your bliss.

Ro

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Rosha
reply to post by boncho

Ahh that denial based argument..sigh. Been there..done that too. I suppose if Hitler had been accepted into art college instead of getting rejected we'd not have had the second world war too ...right?

Specious reasoning at its best.

For what its worth... 'pat pat'...you win..go back to sleep..we're all going great..life is a peachy rose...everything juuust fine.

I really dont have time to play today....and hey..it's your country..you wake up and go clean it up..we have enough work to do keeping our politicians form selling us out.

enjoy your bliss.

Ro

Just read the entire transcript of the speech. Simple as that. He references communism, cold war, and asks the newspapers to take national security into account. There is no denying that.

You are really off your rocker if you think this is part of some conspiracy.

Or wait, JFK is the anti-conspiracy hero that could have never did anything wrong?

On October 1, 1962, James H. Meredith became the first black student at the University of Mississippi,[1] after being barred from entering on September 20 and several other occasions in the following days. His enrollment, publicly opposed by segregationist Governor Ross Barnett, sparked riots on the Oxford campus, which required the U.S. Marshals. Later on (federal) U.S. Army military police from the 503rd Military Police Battalion were sent by President John F. Kennedy.

The riots led to a violent clash which left two people dead - French journalist Paul Guihard,[4] on assignment for the London Daily Sketch, who was found behind the Lyceum building with a gunshot wound to the back; the second victim was 23-year-old Ray Gunter, a white jukebox repairman who came by out of curiosity.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ironically, one of his actions would today would be blasted on YT as evidence of "Police State!!!!111", but because there's a speech out of context that supports CT-Pop culture, JFK is and always will be a hero.

Giant face palm from rational thinking here.

I don't fully agree with the OP because I can at least see, or intellectualize peoples' points of view, but I don't agree with the pendulum swing to the other side saying that "we live in a police state and JFK warned us about it!"

Dear lord.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

ok.

Just do keep in mind everything he spoke of concerning the (then) clandestine forces affecting the USA..has come to pass...and not just the US either..everywhere..its all is right there in front of you to see.

Seven examples of a "Police State"

The current political climate in the United States is unique in many ways, and distinct from those eras. However, it shares core attributes that we generally associate with a “police state”:

1. Raids, Harassment, and Intimidation of Dissidents by Police When FBI and Joint Terrorism Task Force agents raided multiple activist homes in the Northwest recently, they were in search of “anti-government or anarchist literature.”

2. Militarization of Domestic Law Enforcement As Arthur Rizer wrote for The Atlantic: In an effort to remedy their relative inadequacy in dealing with terrorism on U.S. soil, police forces throughout the country have purchased military equipment, adopted military training, and sought to inculcate a “soldier’s mentality” among their ranks.

3. Disproportionate Prison Sentences for Political Activists The reason Marie Mason, who destroyed property, received a prison sentence twice as long as racists, who harmed human beings, is because of her politics. Likewise Tim DeChristopher was sentenced to two years in prison for non-violent disrupting an illegal oil and gas lease auction because he cost corporations thousands of dollars.

4. Creation of New Laws for People Because of Their Political Beliefs The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act was created solely to prosecute activists who threaten the “loss of profits” for corporations. And now 10 states have considered “Ag Gag” bills that go so far as to criminalize non-violent undercover investigations. The new bills have passed in two states, Utah and Iowa.

5. Creation of Special Prison Units In addition to Guantanamo Bay, which Obama has refused to close, there are now two experimental prison units on U.S. soil for “domestic terrorists.” These Communications Management Units are for political prisoners that the U.S. Bureau of Prisons describes as having “inspirational significance.”

6. Pervasive Use of Surveillance Spy drones are being used by domestic law enforcement for surveillance, artificial intelligence, and monitoring social movements (here’s a great overview from Salon). Recently, Tampa police wanted to use them against RNC protesters. This is in addition to widespread surveillance measures such as TrapWire.

7. Criminalization of Ideology In my opinion this is the hallmark of any police state: the targets of the state have little to do with criminal activity, and everything to do with their perceived subversive ideology. For example, consider these FBI “domestic terrorism” training documents which say that anarchists are “criminals seeking an ideology to justify their activities.”

Source:

Sorry to say..what ever you might make of my personal opinion...its pretty clear from the above..that if Police State is a disease..the USA has 'got it'.

Cya.

Ro

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

What does that have to do with the JFK speech?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

boncho
reply to post by Rosha

What does that have to do with the JFK speech?

One...this is thread about police state not JFK.

Two..those points listed where the very outcomes of ignorance and apathy he was speaking of!

I am not saying by any means that there was not a radical fear or paranoia as relates to communism during this time..I am only saying it was not the only fear there was..and history has shown that the infiltration was not what they thought, and the context of control and enslavement was much larger than any of them at the time even realized.

last post..have work to do.

Ro.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

The first amendment gives you the right to say and think whatever you like. It also gives you the right to be totally and completely wrong.

When you and I end up in a FEMA camp or prison and you are crying "How could this have happened?" , well, it's all on you for endorsing the police state and not denying ignorance, as the motto goes. I'll just laugh at you, but I'm sure they will give you a comfy cell because you supported our insane government and the bankers and corporations that control the government.

You may have lived a charmed life where the pigs and "justice" system have not railroaded you. I haven't. I know damned well how bad it is out there, having been the victim myself and knowing what others in my circle have gone through. Like they say, ignorance is bliss and I'm sure after reading your few posts in this thread that you living in bliss, even if that bliss is false because you literally don't live in the real world.

So much more I could say but I'll stop, as I fear I would get banned because I crossed the line from debating you to insulting you.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have four words for you.

National
Defence
Authorisation
Act

The detention sections of the NDAA begin by "affirm[ing]" that the authority of the President under the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists (AUMF), a joint resolution passed in the immediate aftermath of the September 11, 2001 attacks, includes the power to detain, via the Armed Forces, any person, including a U.S. citizen,[13][21] "who was part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners", and anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the United States or its coalition allies in aid of such enemy forces, under the law of war, "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]". The text authorizes trial by military tribunal, or "transfer to the custody or control of the person's country of origin", or transfer to "any other foreign country, or any other foreign entity"

Wiki

(Highlights are mine)

The obvious biggest problem with this is "without trial, until the end of the hostilities authorized by the [AUMF]", that's pretty police statey.

Also the part about "anyone who commits a "belligerent act" against the United States or its coalition allies" leaves tons of room for abuse. This can easily include 80% of people on ATS!

I believe that Obama also declared all of America a battle field so the Law of War applies to domestic matters.

US a Battlefield

EDIT: Oh yeah! I almost forgot your constitution free zone.

God praise an America free of human rights!

edit on 18-1-2014 by iRoyalty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

One...this is thread about police state not JFK.

Two..those points listed where the very outcomes of ignorance and apathy he was speaking of!

I am not saying by any means that there was not a radical fear or paranoia as relates to communism during this time..I am only saying it was not the only fear there was..and history has shown that the infiltration was not what they thought, and the context of control and enslavement was much larger than any of them at the time even realized.

last post..have work to do.

The thread is about a police state or absence of. But you specifically misquoted a speech by JFK and ignored the transcript when it was presented. I never argued the main theme of the thread with you, I simply pointed out your error.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
We do not live in a police state?

Keep repeating that notion and eventually you will believe it...

No, i think a lot of Western countries exercise a particular amount of power which can be compared to the definition of a Police State:

police state
n.
A state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic, and political life of the people, especially by means of a secret police force.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

police state
n
1. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) a state or country in which a repressive government maintains control through the police

Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged

www.thefreedictionary.com...

police state
n
A totalitarian state controlled by a political police force that secretly supervises the citizens' activities.

Oxford Dictionary

www.oxforddictionaries.com...

---

Have a look at the laws being passed in Western societies. You will see a worrying trend: that Western governments are slowly but surely gripping control over specific spheres which control our lives and our well-being. In fact, check out this thread i authored about Queensland, Australia:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You say we do not live in a police state - well tell that to your fellow citizens. Tell that to the citizens of Queensland, Australia. Tell that to the British...

Most Westerners do live in police states - just some which are not as oppressive as our Eastern counterparts.

Think about it...

- Daas.
edit on 18-1-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
OP, you did not respond to this post. So again: How is it possible that US have largest prison population not only per capita but also absolutely? It est larger then totalitarian China with 4 times+ larger population? Are Americans natural born criminals or are US criminals so lame?

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces. - See more at: ndaa2012.us...

You guys are spreading terror! Calling USA as police country, its an act of "belligerent", thus have the probability of being detained under NDAA.

Under the NDAA, the only thing the goverment needs to do to detain you is call you a "terrorist".

When the executive branch can act as judge, jury, jailer, our most basic system of checks and balances is broken.

You guys are "terrorist!".
Mr. President, arrest these "belligerent" people!

This is not a police country, but para-military country, and remember that, "belligerent" people!
edit on 18-1-2014 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

TheSpanishArcher

The first amendment gives you the right to say and think whatever you like. It also gives you the right to be totally and completely wrong.

When you and I end up in a FEMA camp or prison and you are crying "How could this have happened?" , well, it's all on you for endorsing the police state and not denying ignorance, as the motto goes. I'll just laugh at you, but I'm sure they will give you a comfy cell because you supported our insane government and the bankers and corporations that control the government.

You may have lived a charmed life where the pigs and "justice" system have not railroaded you. I haven't. I know damned well how bad it is out there, having been the victim myself and knowing what others in my circle have gone through. Like they say, ignorance is bliss and I'm sure after reading your few posts in this thread that you living in bliss, even if that bliss is false because you literally don't live in the real world.

So much more I could say but I'll stop, as I fear I would get banned because I crossed the line from debating you to insulting you.

Personally, what I think about your sob story about misgivings, there are two sides to every story. PIGS? you referring to the POLICE? I will have to assume you are. Well done for for your lack of professionalism. Its brings me to my next point - with that attitude no wonder you were the "alleged" victim (or in your biased eyes you were, possibly committed a crime seeing as you say "your circle" ) I would have to say, hmmmmm I wonder what the other version of your so called events are? Two sides and all that.

And FEMA camps. IF they are used for nefarious purposes which there is absolutely NO concrete proof that is what they are then im sure you will be there for something you have brought wholly upon yourself.
edit on 18-1-2014 by projectbane because: spelling

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

projectbane
And FEMA camps. IF they are used for nefarious purposes which there is absolutely NO concrete proof that is what they are then im sure you will be there for something you have brought wholly upon yourself.
edit on 18-1-2014 by projectbane because: spelling

Go back and read my comment, the NDAA act is all the proof you need since we have the means to put people in theses camps it's likely that they HAVE or WILL put American citizens in these kind of camps as prisoners of war.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Keep Drinking the Koolaid , when they Finally Come for You , just tell them your on their Side ........Good Luck .

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

The second amendment is the only thing keeping us from a full-fledged Police State.
Police State USA on Facebook gives daily updates.

posted on Jan, 18 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
So just because you do not know of anybody who has had any of the things done to them you spoke of in your post means it doesn't happen? That's just you in your small world. You must live in happyvile. Or you're a time traveller who wrote this 50 years ago.

I don't think we live in a police state but we are in between what we once had in your era, 50 yrs ago and being in the police state full on. They just need us to get used to it. For you, it seems it will all come as a big shock because you're not paying attention.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join