It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruins discovered deep in jungle may unravel centuries-old archaeological mysteries

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Cool stuff Slayer. I look forward to hearing about what is inside once they can get in. I hope that we can find some secret stash of the Incas too. It is beyond annoying that many old civilizations had a habit of destroying the history and culture of other civilizations because it didn't jive with what they wanted.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Interesting photo. I've tried to find others showing the 'structure' without success. That looks like something of a retaining wall to me. Have you found/seen anything else?

Thank you, BTW, for all your efforts. You're one of my heroes on this site!!

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Here Slayer putting some more Logs in the Fire for ye!!!

LOST TOMB OF INCAN EMPEROR ATAHUALCA FOUND? OR JUST MORE ARCHAEOLOGICAL COVERUP?
gizadeathstar.com...

gizadeathstar.com...

gizadeathstar.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> gizadeathstar.com...

Lost City of Pyramids Discovered in Ecuador Jungle? – Photos & Video
earth4all.net...

Pyramids of the Anunnaki Giants?

The revelations continue as we further explore the information coming out of the Ecuador jungles. What you see here is soil being cleared from the side of a large hill to reveal cut and dressed stone blocks. These appear quite smooth surfaced, barely aged thanks to the protective layer of earth. Between the blocks there appears to be a hard bonding substance like cement, or actually more like concrete. Just how long ago this structure was built and how many centuries passed before it was abandoned and then eventually swallowed completely by the local environment, this all remains a mystery. Some evidence is emerging from the site that can help us theorise on timing. The different look of the hidden blocks and those exposed are one of the first clues, it takes time to really weather a stone, to have it eaten away by the acidity of the rain for example.

Yet none of what we have already discussed is really good evidence for my stating in places that this is a lost pyramid city of giant people. Yes there are legends in the area of giants, and at other sites in Ecuador remains or artefacts have been found that do seem to prove a presence of incredibly large people. What really strongly points towards this habitation having housed the same race of giants is the presence of extremely oversized hammers, or at least the stone hammerheads. Assuming these were attached to hard wood handles they would be of both incredible size and weight, making their use as tools impractical for a typical Inca or indigenous Indian, these being generally slight built people of around five foot or so. Who on Earth would make a hammer like this as a real tool? Remember also that any work would be done in the incredible heat and humidity of the Amazon jungle, how long could anyone swing such a thing before collapsing from heat exhaustion? I have been unable to match this object to anything known in Inca archaeology, and in fact there is simply nothing like it in the Ecuadorian museum of cultural history, located in Quito, that would suggest any of the known civilizations of this region.

Is... this the lost tomb of the last Incan emperor? Amazon ruins could solve one of the greatest mysteries of the ancient world

Newly-discovered site in Ecuador could be resting place of Atahualpa
Legend says he left a room filled with gold and silver to appease Spaniards
It could be one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of all time

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... html#ixzz2qGlXKR7i
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook/sciencetech/article-2526389/The-lost-tomb-Incan-emperor-Ruins-Amazonian-jungle-answer-one-greatest-mysteries-ancient-world.html

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

zeroBelief

Lazarus Short
I have a hard time imagining people doing heavy stone work at 8,500 feet...

Like much of American History, little is told of the Indians who helped us.......and that owned our land before we took it...

Is there not evidence of large cities at every altitude during pre-Columbian times, located throughout the northern region of this continent? Also, this is why, if I ever have children, I will be the one who teaches them history. If attending public school is the only option for them, I will look forward to many parent-teacher conferences on the subject of "you're child is making me look like a fool during class". Nothing would please me more.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

I wish China would stop being so secretive and let scholars from everywhere study their pyramids!

montalvoreport.com...

We need an Indiana Jones-type person to sneak in and gather information.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
There was actually a video or documentary covering this. I watched it a couple months back and the video showed the same pic in the OP. Let me poke around and see if I can find it....

In case I can't remember and others can, and I didn't see this discussed in the linked article. But the video I watched showed this site because of the smooth rock which reflects its age from water flowing down the mountain. Whereas the other side of the wall (for lack of a better term) was jagged and rough. Anyone else remember a doc on that?
edit on 13-1-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Yeah it was more like what's in your links. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Adramelech
reply to post by Wolfenz

I wish China would stop being so secretive and let scholars from everywhere study their pyramids!

montalvoreport.com...

We need an Indiana Jones-type person to sneak in and gather information.

Ok Let Me tell you form what I know from what i have read .. about the China Pyramids

1) they are very Secretive much like it was about the Forbidden Kingdom .. tho around them they are farmed and tilled ...
2) most are mostly TOMBS of Royals to Generals ....
3) The(( Very Old)) Pyramids are found within them are ( which is Claimed to be Caucasian Red Haired ) Tarim Mummies

Tarim mummies
http:/en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarim_mummies

The Tarim mummies are a series of mummies discovered in the Tarim Basin in present-day Xinjiang, China, which date from 1800 BCE to 200 CE.[1][2] The mummies, particularly the early ones, are frequently associated with the presence of the Indo-European Tocharian languages in the Tarim Basin,[3] although the evidence is not totally conclusive and many centuries separate these mummies from the first attestation of the Tocharian languages in writing. Victor H. Mair's team concluded that the mummies are Europoid, likely speakers of Indo-European languages.

nmm

The earliest Tarim mummies, found at Qäwrighul and dated to 1800 BCE, are of a Europoid physical type whose closest affiliation is to the Bronze Age populations of southern Siberia, Kazakhstan, Central Asia, and the Lower Volga.[

Genetic links
en.wikipedia.org...

China to Finally Allow Archaeologists to Excavate the First Emperor's Pyramid Tomb Complex
page: 1
www.abovetopsecret.com...

China: Mysterious building discovered in emperor's tomb (a buried step-pyramid?)
China Economic Net ^ | 07/01/07
www.freerepublic.com...

Here is some good Info on a sites of the Pyramids of China of a Members of Old here of ATS Site..
(cant say his name )

THE ANCIENTS
The Pyramids of China
Discovery
www.thelivingmoon.com...

www.thelivingmoon.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">www.thelivingmoon.com...

The Layout Geometry of the Pyramids in china in Area Five Xi'an Region 2 if this is Correct.. ?

looks Pretty Much like Egypt's Great Pyramids ..

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can't wait to see what else they'll uncover. South America is full of undiscovered finds deep in the jungles. I wonder what else they'll find. Here is the link to some interesting artifacts found in Ecuador. Artifacts

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For once we agree. I keep saying that we are going to find out that "ancient Egypt" was really middle civilization.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Lazarus Short
I have a hard time imagining people doing heavy stone work at 8,500 feet...

I have a hard time imagining how people did that kind of work with bamboo technology. Even today we use similar sized components like cinder blocks or clay bricks because it is easier than fitting together stones of different sizes, especially when the stones weigh up to 200 tons. Stones that can be carried by hand being different sizes is one thing but stones which obviously need some kind of machinery to not only move and carry into place but also to cut and shape the stone and if the stones are not uniform sizes that poses even more logistical issues across the board.

Not only are the tangibles formidable but here we go again with the melted/vitrified stones

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I heard they used a sand-based mortar then hit it with heat from laser-like staffs. Voila, vitrification.

Kidding. Sorry. Still going thru nic withdrawal.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Couldn't help but notice they were next door to the Indus Valley.

Good video.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to thank everybody for their feedback.

I'll be rolling out a fairly large thread later today

Stay tuned.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Awesome. I love having a good read between coming home from work and starting supper.

posted on Jan, 15 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Unfortunately if anything of sophisticated design is found it will be forbidden. These will be taken and hidden just like the arc in the Indiana Jones movies. I hate to think of all the history that is really hidden from us. Where or what we as humans could be by now probably would blow peoples minds. They won't be able to share what they find if it is anything of importance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join