It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father sentenced to 6 months in jail for paying too much child support

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is simply baffling to me. Now you can go to jail for doing too much for your child....and in Texas no less.

A father will spend half of 2014 behind bars for doing too much for his son. After overpaying child support and seeing his son too often - breaking terms that were secretly modified without his knowledge - a judge sentenced him to a lengthy jail sentence.

Clifford Hall has been doing his best to give care to his 11-year-old son, who lives with his ex-wife. He pays his child support and visits regularly. "I'm his father it's my responsibility to take care of him," Hall said.

Last November, his child support payments were paid in full. Sometime between then and now, the child support agreement between Hall and his wife was modified without his knowledge.

www.policestateusa.com...

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Jan 11 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: edited lengthy external quote

+21 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
And people say the state doesnt actively engage in the destruction of families.

These idiots who believe the law is the law is the law is the law do far too much damage.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
All i have to say is: OF with the judge her head!
And release this man + 50.000$ to cover his expenses and to buy a gift for his child.

Who the hell made her judge

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

I just don't even know what to say to this! Just seems like a real backwards verdict. I'm sure there are details the public isn't aware of, but with the information given here it is just unreal to me that this is happening. I do wish we could see an interview with the mother though...

I'm not sure how changes were made to the custody agreement without both parents being involved. Gah.

The whole thing is disgusting.

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well if people go to jail over a plant or get assaulted by the Swat team for selling milk this isn't surprising.
edit on 11-1-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Annunak1

Who the hell made her judge

I don't know, but I know juries and executioners are frowning over her judgement.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Now, before I say *anything*....let me make this disclaimer....
our or
Our society does produce males who feel it is ok to father a child, and then not owe any form of responsibility to that child.

One could argue it is a anthropological issue, as studies have shown that in many african tribal cultures, the relationship between the male and female only lasts about as long as four or so years....this allows for the child to become fully ambulatory, and able to somewhat care for itself freeing up the mother to care for others as well as still give that child guidance.

ALL OF THIS BEING SAID....

It sickens me that our society allows Fathers to have such little consideration in the rearing of their children. I know we are somewhat in the minority, but there are plenty of us Fathers who actually give a $hit and WANT to be an active role in our childrens life and livelyhood.

This man clearly cares about his child. Clearly was not only paying to support the child, but taking every opportunity to see his child and attempt to be a positive influence in that child's life.

I cannot help but feel a bit of suspicion, and wonder if this decision was based off the idea that the judge was herself a woman, and was merely ruling against the male out of some retaliatory sense. I hope I am 100% incorrect. Perhaps family law courts should be a tribunal format, with males and females sitting in judgment.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I slightly wonder . . . what would have happened

to such a judge

in the old wild Western USA.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting. If this doesn't highlight that the court system is borked beyond belief when it come to parental rights (specifically towards the father) than nothing will. The judge needs to be taken away from the bench as they obviously are unfit to rule over anything other than parking tickets. Even then I'd keep a close eye on what they're doing.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Time to post this again..

"The most dangerous creature on the face of the Earth, is an educated idiot."

I hope someone can jump in and help this guy & get that judge barred!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

BO XIAN

I slightly wonder . . . what would have happened

to such a judge

in the old wild Western USA.

This is the judge:

What would have happened in the old wild west? The possibilities are not limited; not limited at all!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The article says he is being forced to pay his exes attorney fees, so I would assume she initiated the changes in the support and visitation decree.

If he truly wasn't notified of the changes, then I would be inclined to think he had some pretty lousy legal counsel. This story doesn't hold water, and it would be interesting to hear all of the facts!

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

LeatherNLace
This is the judge:

What would have happened in the old wild west? The possibilities are not limited; not limited at all!

Ha! Even Judge Judy smiles, and she has to have her lips painted on.

What's the point of making these public figures take such menacing pictures. Solemn I understand. Gives the impression that no matter what, you landed in the wrong court.

A woman like that is a promo for celibacy.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
While I understand everyone's enthusiasm in regard to the judge, the problem starts and ends with the child care laws and child visitation laws.

They make no sense and are detrimental to men, women(yes being paid to be irresponsible and immoral is detrimental), and children.

I don't know what the answer is and it becomes this system where men and women act as enemies against each other. I'm sure it's intentional by whatever powers that be. This just creates a constant underlying animosity between men and women that is unnecessary altogether and like the race wars, divides the same people that should be coming together.

You can't have a state without division among your cattle.

I think that child support should be eliminated altogether. There's already tax credits that exist for caring for children that could be increased and there could be others added for parents like fathers that might not be primary caretakers but give money to children throughout year.

You could also have something that works like a health spending account except for childcare expenses that would be a tax CREDIT not deduction. Or if parents are working and contributing(either parent) they get an additional incentive.

But please, get rid of the #ing child support system. There are other means to promote childcare that doesn't create classes of men who are the equivalent of workhorses who can't see their spawns. Don't even get me started on wage levies and jail time. What a dumb system. Just creates another prison class with no rights or ability to find work because of criminal history.

There should be no financial incentive to prevent a father from seeing children. There should be no financial incentive to divorce.

This whole system is ass backwards.

The crazy thing too is that there isn't even the groundwork for a prenup style contract that men/women can come to agreement with PRIOR to popping out kids.

How ludicrous.

I know many men would take advantage of such a contract that would limit this predatory system by allowing families to plan AHEAD of time.

edit on 11-1-2014 by OrphanApology because: df

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Now that the father has been jailed for paying $3K too much in child support....I wonder...can he request a refund? The judge, upon sentencing him, should have refunded the money as a punishment, no? Otherwise, why jail the father?

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'd guesstimate from looking at her pics . . . that

she has a horrific degree of RAD herself . . . and a lingering seething hostility toward men in general and in particular.

The bitterness, anger, arrogance, hostility etc. virtually spews out of her eyes and the set of her jaw.

She likely should never have anything to do with a divorce case . . . it's difficult to imagine a case she'd be ethically sound to deal with, if my sense is remotely correct.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We need to find out what jail this man has gone to and put money on his books so the man can buy a decent bar of soap and toothpaste.

I don't know what else to say...

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

She's a female.... not defending a male..... the outcome is not a surprise

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

imho, he certainly deserves support.

What's that father's organization . . . could they be alerted?

Seems to me that a recall effort against the judge would be highly in order.

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
How does an "Agreement" get amended without the knowledge of the person(s) bound to that agreement?

Surely there is more to this story? You seriously dont punish someone for... not breaking the law!?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join