It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens...The best evidence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   

BlueMule
It's certain that the UFO phenomenon stretches back a long way. It's legitimate.

In what way is that legitimate or certain?

Harte

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Harte

BlueMule
It's certain that the UFO phenomenon stretches back a long way. It's legitimate.

Harte

Hi Harte. Not the VonDaniken way!

I'm certain of what we're dealing with because of my own experiences as a contactee and because of comparativism. Comparativism can trace them throughout world religion and myth right up into the modern day UFO/comic-book/sci-fi mythos.

edit on 11-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Harte

Please note - I said I have read many of the Vedas. You aren't trying now to pretend that I claimed they don't mention vimanas, are you?

I have also read the Vedas and have on several occasions in the past posted evidence in threads in this forum about this subject in particular.

Harte
"According to the Vedas?"

Not.

Really? you want to claim you read the Vedas and are claiming that Rama was not a god/deity?...

Even Wikipedia states the contrary to your claims.

Rama or Ram (राम) (రామ) is the seventh avatar of the God Vishnu in Hinduism,[1] and a king of Ayodhya in Hindu scriptures. Along with Krishna, the eighth avatar of Vishnu, Rama is considered to be the most important avatar of Vishnu. He is also one of the most popular gods in Hinduism and is widely worshipped throughout Nepal and India. In a few Rama-centric sects, Rama is considered the Supreme Being, rather than an avatar of Vishnu. Rama was born in Suryavansha (Ikshvaku Vansham) later known as Raghuvansha after king Raghu. When depicted with his brother Lakshman and consort Sita, with Hanuman kneeling in a state of prayer, this form is called Ram Parivar, and is the typical fixture depicting Rama in Hindu temples.[2] The Hindi word parivar translates as "family." [3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Keep claiming you have read the Vedas, your claims show the contrary.

edit on 12-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

There is a possibility that at least some ufos do come from other regions of the multiverse, but the ones described in the Vedas are not. The Vedas describe the home planet of the gods, and include information such as the gods having very long lives. The technology was given by the gods/aliens to the ancient Hindu. The gods/aliens also had conflicts among themselves and possibly other species and these are described in the Vedas as well, and the conflicting alien parties recruited men to fight for them as well, which was part of the reason why the ancient Hindus were given Vimanas and other technology to fight against other humans and even other gods/aliens.

There is mention in the Vedas that some of the Vimanas could be moved by thought, and guess what, not too long ago scientists on Earth have also discovered how to do this.

How did Rama fly his Pushpaka Vimana/ Plane?

Kubera, the Lord of Wealth, had an air plane according to Valmiki Ramayana. It was called Pushpaka Vimana. That was the earliest plane that the human beings knew. Ravana confiscated it from Kubera. After Ravana’ death Vibhshana, brother of Ravana, presented the air plane to Lord Rama. This was the fastest plane in those days. How did Rama fly his plane? Who piloted the plane? What fuel did Rama use? Yuddha Kanda , Chapter 123 answers these questions.

An interesting news item in western science magazines throw new light on planes flown by THOUGHT POWER. Now we know the secret of Lord Rama’s plane (Pushpaka Vimana).

Ram flew the plane by THOUGHT POWER! says Valmiki Ramayana.

It took only ONE DAY to cover the distance between Sri Lanka and Ayodhya in Uttar Pradesh of India. It flew that fast.

Vibhishana says to Rama (chapter 123, Yuddha Kanda, Valmiki Ramayana):

“ I will arrange for thee to reach that city in one day, O Prince! May happiness attend thee! There is an aerial car named Pushpaka that shines like the sun, which powerful Ravana forcibly took from Kubera, having overcome him in combat. That celestial and marvellous chariot, going everywhere AT WILL, is at thy disposal. That car, bright as a white cloud which will transport thee to Ayodhya in perfect SAFETY, is here”.

tamilandvedas.wordpress.com...

edit on 12-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

ElectricUniverse

Harte

Please note - I said I have read many of the Vedas. You aren't trying now to pretend that I claimed they don't mention vimanas, are you?

I have also read the Vedas and have on several occasions in the past posted evidence in threads in this forum about this subject in particular.

Harte
"According to the Vedas?"

Not.

Really? you want to claim you read the Vedas and are claiming that Rama was not a god/deity?...

Certainly not (for God's sake, I've read the Ramayana) and I said no such thing. Please, if you can't make an argument, then don't make an argument.
It is unacceptable for you to pretend that another poster has claimed a thing, just in order that you may be able to respond with an unrelated fact.

Here is your claim:

In case you didn't know Rama is one of the gods who according to the Vedas give Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus.

Please indicate in which Vedas (or where in the Ramayana) it states that Rama gave "Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus."

I linked you to the Ramayana, BTW, so feel free to provide the quote and link.

I'm waiting.

Harte

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

ElectricUniverse
reply to post by BlueMule

There is a possibility that at least some ufos do come from other regions of the multiverse, but the ones described in the Vedas are not. The Vedas describe the home planet of the gods, and include information such as the gods having very long lives.

But in Vedic cosmology there are both spiritual planets and material planets, and stars are considered planets. Space and time are considered to be maya (illusion).

edit on 12-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
What the AA theorists don’t understand, or won’t admit, is that much of these figurines is what shamans have viewed in visionary states having nothing to do with outward physical aliens.

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

BlueMule

Harte

BlueMule

Harte

Hi Harte. Not the VonDaniken way!

I'm certain of what we're dealing with because of my own experiences as a contactee and because of comparativism. Comparativism can trace them throughout world religion and myth right up into the modern day UFO/comic-book/sci-fi mythos.

Certainty by personal experience.

Well, it's anecdotal, of course, so you'll pardon me for suspending belief until I am "contacted."

Harte

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Of course! But what's your excuse for not being a comparativist? :p

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

BlueMule
reply to post by Harte

Of course! But what's your excuse for not being a comparativist? :p

I'm perfectly willing to take the comparativist stance, given an inkling of evidence. Evidence of the sort that cannot easily be associated with something else - unlike a mythology designed to elevate the priest caste.

As you know, I asked you for some.
You gave me your personal belief system.

Sorry, not enough.

Hartec

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Harte

I'm perfectly willing to take the comparativist stance, given an inkling of evidence.

To take a comparative stance is to study the scholarship of comparative mysticism, comparative mythology, and comparative religion. These are huge fields. Once you start studying, you'll start unlearning the crud that passes for an understanding of religion in our culture, and you'll slowly begin seeing the evidence. I would recommend starting with the vid I gave you in my last post. If you find it interesting, I'll recommend some books to get you started.

edit on 12-1-2014 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

BlueMule

Harte

I'm perfectly willing to take the comparativist stance, given an inkling of evidence.

To take a comparative stance is to study the scholarship of comparative mysticism, comparative mythology, and comparative religion. These are huge fields. Once you start studying, you'll start unlearning the crud that passes for an understanding of religion in our culture, and you'll slowly begin seeing the evidence. I would recommend starting with the vid I gave you in my last post. If you find it interesting, I'll recommend some books to get you started.

While it's true that I don't understand the practice of religion (it is superstitious nonsense, the belief of which I find un-understandable,) I'll pass on your vid.

Don't care to spend over an hour listening to comparative religionese. I really don't have the time, to tell the truth.
Thanks, though, for the link.

The upshot is, not much more than myth can be deduced from mythological stories. That is, two or three artifacts impart a hundred times more knowledge about the facts of the past. Myths can only tell us about the beliefs of the past (and, of course, the present - not to impugn anyone's individual faith.) I'd say, however, that ancient beliefs are rather interesting, even compelling, at times.

The thread is supposedly fact-based (though I'll admit that there are precious few to be found in the thread!)

Harte

posted on Jan, 12 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Aliens angels demons what's the difference....what I find funny is that the "alien" had nipples and was holding a baby so how do the aliens depicted with out nipples("greys") nurture their young...born in test tubes or something??

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

This "bloating" could also point to the ideal woman according to ancient civilizations, based on the beliefs of an Earth goddess.

donsmaps.com...

I suppose that begs the question, where did ancient civilizations get this idea? It could very well have been large, "female" aliens.

posted on Jan, 13 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Adramelech
I suppose that begs the question, where did ancient civilizations get this idea? It could very well have been large, "female" aliens.

I hope that wasn't serious!

Harte

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Anyway, one of the things you ask me is to show reference that cultures from all over the world spoke of these alien aircraft, I will give you some examples.

For example, from that same website you just want to use, and which apparently is the only one you want to believe...

" one evening, Conn of the Hundred Battles repaired at sunrise to the Ri Raith at Tara, accompanied by his three druids, Mael, Bloc and Bluicne, and his three poets, Ethain, Corb and Cesare; for he was accustomed every day to repair to this place with the same company, for the purpose of watching the stars, that no hostile aerial beings should descend upon Ireland unknown to him."

www.sacred-texts.com...

Anyway, back to the other statements I made you claimed were wrong. Here are references of machines which fired iron balls and bullets, and other more powerful weapons.

SECTION CCXXIX

(Khandava-daha Parva continued)

"The chief of the celestials also, seeing Arjuna in anger, sought to fight with him, and hurled his own fierce weapons, covering the wide expanse of the firmament. Then the winds, making a loud roar and agitating all the oceans, brought together masses of clouds in the sky, charged with torrents of rain. Those masses of clouds began to vomit thunder and terrible flashes of lightning charged with the thunderclap. Then Arjuna possessing a knowledge of means, hurled the excellent weapon called Vayavya with proper mantras to dispel those clouds. With that weapon the energy and force of Indra's thunderbolt and of those clouds were destroyed. And the torrents of rain with which those clouds were charged were all dried up, and the lightning that played amongst them was also destroyed. Within a moment the sky was cleared of dust and darkness, and a delicious, cool breeze began to blow and the disc of the sun resumed its normal state."

"Armed with machines vomiting from their throats (mouths?) iron balls and bullets, and catapults for propelling huge stones, and rockets, they approached to strike Krishna and Partha, their energy and strength increased by wrath. But though they rained a perfect shower of weapons, Vibhatsu, addressing them reproachfully, struck off their heads with his own sharp arrows. That slayer of foes, Krishna, also, endued with great energy, made a great slaughter of the Daitya and the Danava with his discus."

"But Arjuna and Krishna, fearless and invincible in battle, beholding Sakra and the other celestials prepared for fight, calmly waited, bows in hands. Skilled in battle, those heroes in wrath assailed the advancing host of celestials with their own thunderlike arrows. The celestials repeatedly routed by Krishna and Arjuna, at last left the field of battle for fear and sought the protection of Indra. The Munis who were witnessing the battle from the skies, beholding the celestials defeated by Madhava and Arjuna, were filled with wonder. Sakra also repeatedly witnessing their prowess in battle, became exceedingly gratified, and once more rushed to the assault."

www.sacred-texts.com...

And calm your horses, more is coming.

edit on 14-1-2014 by ElectricUniverse because: add comments.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Also, let me make this point clear. It appears that Harte only wants to accept certain versions of the Vedas, meanwhile many Hindu scholars also talk about the Vimanas found in the Vedas. Not to mention that even the Indian Defense agency, alongside other foreign Defense industries also do mention the Vimanas of the Vedas.

For example...

Weaponisation of Space

By Air Marshal Narayan Menon

Issue Vol. 28.3 Jul-Sep 2013 | Date : 19 Oct , 2013

The Ramayana and the Mahabharata are the two great ancient Epics of India. These Epics, especially the Mahabharata, pick up the thread of the tale of devastation and destruction. Atlantis rather displeased at the humiliating defeat, decided that they were no longer interested in subjugating the Rama Empire (an Indian empire) and decided instead to annihilate the major cities using weapons of mass destruction. Sanskrit scholars could not comprehend what was being described in the Epics until the dropping by the United States of America of the first atomic bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in Japan. There are authentic verses from the Indian Epics as under:

Gurkha, flying a swift and powerful Vimana (fast aircraft) hurled a single projectile (rocket) charged with the power of the universe (nuclear device). An incandescent column of smoke and flame, as bright as ten thousand suns, rose with all its splendour. It was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. The corpses were burned beyond recognition. Hair and nails fell out, pottery shattered without apparent cause and the birds turned white. After a few hours all foodstuff was infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into streams of water to wash themselves and their equipment.

There are descriptions of other weapons. The Brahmadanda’, the most powerful weapon in the universe, belonged to Brahma. The Pashupatastra was the weapon of Mahakali, the consort of Mahadeva. This was granted to Arjuna by Shiva and was among the most destructive and foreboding weapons. TheBrahmastra’, which contained the mystical force of Brahma, released millions of missiles creating great fires and it had the destructive potential of extinguishing all creation.Vajrawas the thunderbolt weapon of Indra.

All these weapons raining death and destruction have been described in great detail in the Epics written thousands and thousands of years ago. The fertile imagination of great Indian minds had envisaged the exploitation of space and energy as weapons of war a long time ago. The story is somewhat different today.

www.indiandefencereview.com...

A bit of info about the above website.

Home > About Us

About Us

Indian Defence Review (IDR), the brainchild of former captain of the Indian army, was launched on January 1, 1986 as a logical addition to Lancer, the first dedicated Indian military publishing house established in 1979.

Under the direction and leadership of its first two editors, Lt. Gen Mathew Thomas (1986) and Maj. Gen Afsir Karim (1993), both distinguished paratroopers, IDR began public engagement and national debate on military and security issues, which received immediate attention of the defence establishment, policy makers and national leadership in India.

Continuing in this strong tradition and moving aggressively forward, IDR publisher and its third editor, Capt. Bharat Verma (1998), finally succeeded in placing the national security challenges “front and centre” of the public debate. With the launch of web version of the journal, www.indiandefencereview.com in 2006, IDR became India’s preeminent public policy publication on foreign policy and national security issues.

IDR is a highly reliable, respected and unique resource for government and defence officials, strategic planners, analysts, journalists and the general public.

www.indiandefencereview.com...

There are other nations such as Pakistan in which they also talk about the Vimanas of the Vedas. There are many Hindu scholars who have spoken about the fact that the Vedas do talk about not only Vimanas, and the gods giving that technology to mankind, but also about the atom, the universe and multiverses all this information found within the Vedas.

But harte of course, alongside some other people doesn't want to accept this...

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Harte

The upshot is, not much more than myth can be deduced from mythological stories. That is, two or three artifacts impart a hundred times more knowledge about the facts of the past. Myths can only tell us about the beliefs of the past (and, of course, the present - not to impugn anyone's individual faith.) I'd say, however, that ancient beliefs are rather interesting, even compelling, at times.

The thread is supposedly fact-based (though I'll admit that there are precious few to be found in the thread!)

Harte

Again, we can find that it is not mythology because to this day we can see "Vimanas" in the skies with abilities that defy logic. From being able to form clouds to surround them and a couple seconds the clouds dissipate and the Vimana is gone, to what seem to be even fights in space which even NASA has captured.

But you keep being closed minded all you want.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Harte
It is unacceptable for you to pretend that another poster has claimed a thing, just in order that you may be able to respond with an unrelated fact.

Here is your claim:

In case you didn't know Rama is one of the gods who according to the Vedas give Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus.

Please indicate in which Vedas (or where in the Ramayana) it states that Rama gave "Vimanas and other technology to the ancient Hindus."

I linked you to the Ramayana, BTW, so feel free to provide the quote and link.

I'm waiting.

Harte

What is unacceptable is that you did not mention in your first response to which part of my argument you were referring, so the fault is yours for not being able to properly address the point you disagreed with...

Second, all you are doing is CLAIMING that what I am saying is not true without giving any real evidence. All you give is one link to a library that contains many books, and then you claim that "it's also true because YOU claim so, despite the fact that Hindu scholars and even Defense agencies of countries like India say the contrary to your claims....

Anyway, I am the one who has to look at the Vedas to find the references, so again hold your freaking horses, thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The industry of mobile game development has introduced a very important aspect to the market - the ability to conceptualize, develop, and release video games on devices with far more success and ease than ever before. And with the Android app marketplace only requiring a one-time fee for submitting an application, the cost becomes almost negligible to put the product out for millions of customers to find. Even the submission process is drastically shorter than on most other smartphones, as the app regulation is far more lenient for the Android OS.
Fifa Ultimate Team Coins
cheap fifa 14 coins

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join