It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Might Be The Scariest Trail In The World. But You’ll NEVER Guess Where It Leads. Unbelievable

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by CIAGypsy

My sense of adventure is safe and sound, and easily found ...right here in my office chair. It's a mere 2 1/2 feet from Terra Firma with a big floor to land on if I fall out of it somehow.

ha ha...I thought you were going to say it was buried beneath your will to live....

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

I would LOVE to do this and jump from airplanes and hang glide...unfortunately I get dizzy and start to black out on the fourth rung of a 6 ft ladder
Makes it hard to do the things I would love.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

People taking pictures with one hand holding on with the other! Wow

Many Chinese still climb at nighttime, in order to reach the East Peak by dawn —though the mountain now has many hotels. This practice is a holdover from when it was considered safer to simply be unable to see the extreme danger of the tracks during the ascent, as well as to avoid meeting descending visitors at points where pathways have scarcely enough room for one visitor to pass through safely.

Climbing at night again WOW

As I suspected this place was used by Monks.

As early as the 2nd century BCE, there was a Daoist temple known as the Shrine of the Western Peak located at its base. Daoists believed that in the mountain lives the god of the underworld. The temple at the foot of the mountain was often used for spirit mediums to contact the god and his underlings.

The place has a long long history so tea is not the important thing here! There are many hotels on the mountain now, wow must be a real problem for the environment.

Huashan, because of the inaccessibility of its summits, only received Imperial and local pilgrims, and was not well visited by pilgrims from the rest of China.[2] Huashan was also an important place for immortality seekers, as many herbal Chinese medicines are grown and powerful drugs were reputed to be found there. Kou Qianzhi (365–448), the founder of the Northern Celestial Masters received revelations there, as did Chen Tuan (920–989), who spent the last part of his life in hermitage on the west peak. In the 1230s, all the temples on the mountain came under control of the Daoist Quanzhen School.[3]

What does this sign say? Yield to downhill travelers!

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All those that said "no way" might not want to watch this vid.

I like the part at the end when the plank stops.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

I'm SOOOOO going there on my next vacation!!

And who says the Chinese don't have nerves of steel? lol....

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

How much does this cup of tea cost? $50 bucks?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No way in hell now after seeing that clip... My heart was literally beating faster just watching that. That is my nightmare... NOPE NOPE NOPE.... Why would anyone do this? lol..... why?

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

CIAGypsy

I'm SOOOOO going there on my next vacation!!

And who says the Chinese don't have nerves of steel? lol....

They have massive nerves, they must think that's equivalent to us here in the US going to Starbucks through the drive-thru... hahahaha

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
And for those who enjoy risking their life for the sake of "fun"... Well, here ya go. I'm sure this area has been posted on ATS before. This place is called "swimming with the devil" in Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe..

I'm curious to find the Einstein who first tested this out, lol.... Or maybe some guy was thrown down the river to his death and by some luck he hit this one spot along the falls...hahaha
edit on 8-1-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
When I'm on "vacation" mode, which China would be, since I'm from the US... I would likely have a few pints down at all hours of the day, so I don't see how this would ever be an actual reality to me...hahaha

If some ATS members do make the trip here one day (hopefully soon), please take lots of pictures/videos and be safe... I would LOVE nothing more then to here about your experience.. And I'm pretty curious to hear how the tea tastes up there

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Yeah that's pretty heavy...

I think I could muster the courage to make the climb both up and down... but if I had my dithers about it; someone else nailed it... Blackhawk and some Paracord please.

I'm not entirely sold on the fact that this is solely a tea house. I think it's a front for the Illuminati home base.

*boulder on mountain opens and C-130 flies inside*

But really though... I think this would be a marvelous place to meditate and if I had to guess I'm sure that's what it started as...

Nice Post

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DigitalJedi805

Well, Ancient monks said : Fear is an Illusion, and they built this path to prove it

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I want to go there now. With my Gopro. Imagine the views on youtube : Cup of tea GoPro hero 3 edition.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Images of the "plank path" gave me "butterflies," but I would do it.

This is really cool. Thanks for the post.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

It is a thought for the ol Bucket List eh.

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It be hair raising for sure, but at 31 years I'd still be willing to give it a go, except for the Gondola ride. Look - climbing the side of a mountain with toe holds and a chain? Clencher - but sure, if I fall and die it'll be cause I did something; and I'll have plenty of time to consider it before going splat. I might even get a chance to freak some other climbers out along the way!

But taking a gondola that far that high, with no control over anything? Nupe. One thing to take my life into (mostly) my own hands. Another to put it entirely in someone elses.

On the flip side, I couldn't do it just cause if I DID bite it, I'd leave my kid alone.

Also to those saying you'd do it in a heartbeat? Bull**it! You'll take hours!
I'm just teasing

edit on 8-1-2014 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Golantrevize
I want to go there now. With my Gopro. Imagine the views on youtube : Cup of tea GoPro hero 3 edition.

Dress up as Ezio when you do it and I GUARANTEE it will go viral....lol.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's the same path Smeegle took Frodo to Mordor. I think once you had done it a few times it would be ok that first time though...
Going ups ok. It's the going down using only toe holds yikes.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Watchfull
All those that said "no way" might not want to watch this vid.

I like the part at the end when the plank stops.

This gave me vertigo so many times. It's the way the camera swings as it looks off the cliff. It make me grasp onto my computer desk as if i could fall.

posted on Jan, 9 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Its good im not hot on tea cause I really hate heights.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join