It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burger King recalls 'sacrilegious' desserts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.
The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a "jihad".

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: "The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone."

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: "This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims."

A Muslim Council spokesman said: "We commend the sensitive and prompt action that Burger King has taken."
The Scotsman

WOW!!! A holly war over icecream. I cant make this up it is just too far out. One mans perceived insult costs quite a bit. Well anyway it kind of made me chuckle reading it.
edit on 6-1-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE, from story:

Updated on the 16 September 2005 23:08

edit on Tue Jan 7 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: added mod note

+28 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know a real good place he could put his "offendedness" and it is the same place I would have told him to put the ice cream cone he was offended by.

BK only has themselves to blame for "hopping to" when the man screamed "jihad". I wish these companies would grow a pair and stop bowing down to every single person who claims offense at anything. It's a little out of control.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So it wasn't foreign soldiers on Holy Soil that peeved off the followers of Islam afterall.
It was Dairy Queen.

-Peace-

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Op reminded me of this

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Found an image

Pretty ridiculous...

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

We should all call for Jihad on Burger King.. and McD's, DQ, Taco Bell and the lot. Not for ice cream lids but because of the stuff they try to pass off as food.

But as for the ice cream lid? More muslim oversensitivity. Maybe these sensitive types should head back to the middle east when they behead people for their transgressions.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just when you thought it couldn't get any more stupid...religious people are really sensitive. To call for a boycott over the lid of ice cream cones resembling a religious symbol is just absurd. Religious people need to snap out of this stupidity, they're always looking for a reason to jump down someone's throat over some crapola. That's why religions nowadays is a complete joke, making people like this dude go crazy. I believe in God but I don't confine myself to any religion because it's a money making (Christians), pedophile having (Catholics), bomb throwing (Muslims) scheme to control people. Sad that there are so many prisoners in this world.

Not all religious people are like this, but MANY are.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

All I can say is, wow, are you kidding me? Nothing like having a creative imagination. I wonder what this guy sees in clouds.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think BK could have avoided the entire thing by simply paying for the man to get an eye exam.

Thanks for posting the pic lucid.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm so tired of people being "offended" over EVERYTHING!

People in today's world need to grow thicker skin and a back bone.

BK should have told him to shove it.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Instead they said

Have It Your Way

Couldn't resist

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

WeRpeons
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

All I can say is, wow, are you kidding me? Nothing like having a creative imagination. I wonder what this guy sees in clouds.

Probably something like this...

Coincidentally he sees the same thing when he looks at a cricket...

+16 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

It's probably a good thing he didn't order the "I hate Islam Cheesecake".

That might have really irritated him.

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
What it all boils down to for you Brits is 14th century a$$ backwards men in dresses are telling you how to eat your ice cream. It's so sad to see the once great nation of England reduced to having no guns and not even allowed to drink beer on the streets in Sharia zones of your own country without some barbarian shouting Allah Snackbar and lopping off your head.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Its about time the West started to deport these Foreigners back whence they came.

Considering that Saudi Arabia and other ME countries are now deporting Indians, Philipinos, Pakis and other minorities, because their own Arab young do not have jobs, and all the immigrants take the money and send back home, not spending it in the ME.

But that is OK, the Arabs are not ruling "White People", so its not racist or discrimination or whatever.

You whiteys know you are the problem, dont you!!

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Of course God's name would look so tasty. I'm sure God isn't offended. Hell, he/she/it/we/I/Am probably wanted it that way. Think of God and a delicious treat comes to mind, and all people hold hands in unity.

How dare this Muslim son of a gun question God's plan in making us think of delectable sweetness when reading God's name. How dare he!

On a serious note I have to ask if I hit my head or something? Were human beings always this insane? I cannot fathom how someone could be upset over this, and this is me understanding some sacrilege that comes with depictions of God/symbols in the Islamic faith. This man is crazy and this particular faith has gone off the deep end. Abraham, your sons are crazy.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Instead they said

Have It Your Way

Couldn't resist

HAHA! Good one!

I used that line at a BK years ago..it didn't work

I asked for zesty sauce for my fries and they said it's for onion rings and I said isn't this BK where I can have it my way?! I said my way is zesty sauce for fries and they just looked at me and still wanted to charge me to use the sauce on fries. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, does this mean the Wii is out as a choice of gift in the Middle East?

-As-salam vanilla-

edit on 6-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 6-1-2014 by Eryiedes because: Fat Fingering the KB

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

This is a joke, please tell me its a joke, right?

Have not used these guys for quite some time. Sing it boys.

posted on Jan, 6 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Behead those who insult ICE CREAM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join