It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Not SUBJECTS (and Other Observations About Obamacare)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I found this lil gem hidden & did a search. I think it's time we start taking this kind of message seriously while people like this still have the freedom to say it.

Source

The unveiling of the dictatorial debacle that is Obamacare absolutely flabbergasts me. It is stunning on so many levels, but the most shocking aspect of it for me is watching millions of free Americans stand idly by while this man, his minions in Congress and his cheerleaders in the press systematically dismantle our Constitution, steal our money, and crush our freedoms. The President, Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid (with no small help from Justice John Roberts) take away our health care, and we allow it. They take away our insurance, and we allow it. They take away our doctors, and we allow it. They charge us thousands of dollars more a year, and we allow it. They make legal products illegal, and we allow it. They cripple our businesses, and we allow it. They announce by fiat that we must ignore our most deeply held beliefs – and we allow it. Where is your spine, America? Yes, I know people are complaining. I read the news on the internet. I read blogs. I have a Twitter feed. So what? People in the Soviet Union complained. People in Cuba complain. People in China complain (quietly). Complaining isn’t the same thing as doing anything about it. In fact, much of the complaining that we hear sounds like resignation: Wow. This sucks. Oh well, this is the way things are. Too bad. Perhaps you need reminding of a few important facts. Here goes:

You can read the rest at the source.

As another ATS member posted a day or so ago, this kind of nonsense has got to stop. And like alot of you, I'm like what can we do, other than pee, whine moan & complain, which does NOTHING.

I think it's time to sow dissent.

Not complaining, that accomplishes nothing, but the kind of talk where you keep talking until you aren't the only one talking, griping, angry, etc. The kind where you start changing minds, start becoming LESS afraid of THEM, and (hopefully) make it the other way around.

And, without trying to be too melodramatic, if we don't, the alternative is wearing a yellow star & being corralled into a cattle car. (We don't know what ELSE is in this bill, right?)

Is it how to live? How to think? How to BREATHE?

THINK FOR YOURSELF. And teach those around you how to think for themselves as well!

And you keep doing it until it's the only thing that matters. (Screw Bieber & American Idol)

Support each other, and do your damnedest to get away from this monster called big govt.

If we stand separately, we swing alone.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schadenfreude

There is really only one solution for the mess we are in and Thomas Jefferson told us how to fix it. If America is unable to muster the courage to act then it is already doomed.

What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. Thomas Jefferson

I believe that the solution is really in front of us.

edit on 797pm5757pm122013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Does the person who wrote even know what the word dictator means? The ACA was voted on and made into law. A dictator would have just made it law without having to get anyone to vote on it. Then she starts crying about birth control then the gays. The only thing she left out was the usual Obama's war on Christians whine. Just another typical TP rant just print a copy of it and use it to fertilize your garden with it because that is what BS is good for.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Don't worry too much, Karma will take care of that POS president soon enough!

NSA....... you heard me right!

Boy I bet that comment scares those bullies a weee bit ehh?

I have my voice, one more, and one more.

Yes, WE are coming for you.

and if it makes you happy and its justifiable to you. Sure, I guess I'm a TERRORIST!

is that bad? I say more PATRIOTIC. But what the hell do I know... I'm poor.

I'm glad that I have a soul and morals. Go ahead and dismiss all logic and criticize my Ideas and opinions that are good hearted, I really hope it disgruntles you!!
edit on 27-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: Lil' more love, Thanks for hearing me ATS

edit on 27-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: LOL, truth hurts huh?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

buster2010
The ACA was voted on and made into law.

This is the key point in the argument.
The ACA was voted into law by the representatives of American citizens.

At the time, most Americans wanted this. They believed in it.
They all wanted their "free" healthcare.
Uncle 'O' was gonna give it to em.

Of course the fact that the ACA was a few thousands of pages of "apparently unreviewed" legislation and passed any way is unimportant when you think you are going to get free healthcare and that the cost is going to fall directly on someone else.

The "Debacle, disaster, travesty...blah, blah, blah...of Obamacare is directly and somewhat ironically proportional to how badly the typical American wanted to get something for free while screwing his fellow citizen in the bargain.

BUT, track this....we have only just begun with this legislation.
The broad strokes are just coming into play.
The "good" news is not so great. It's pretty bad actually.
The "bad" news hasn't even hit the fan yet.
I'd bet even money that the ACA has many, many unpleasant new surprises in store for the American people.

We've only seen the headlines.
We're going to be really screwed when we see the fine print.

But, that's what happens when you support a law to get free stuff because you think they are going to take it away from the guy across the street and give it to you.

Did somebody mention karma?

edit on 27-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Is this TECHNICALLY "taxation without representation"? No.

Is this taxation so OBFUSCATED the very fact that "representatives" voted on it when no one in the public had a clue what was in it make it irrelevant? HELL YES.

So, in reality, other than semantic word games & political bs, what's really the difference?

The bottom line, is that the American ppl are tired of being LIED TO.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

buster2010
Does the person who wrote even know what the word dictator means? The ACA was voted on and made into law. A dictator would have just made it law without having to get anyone to vote on it. Then she starts crying about birth control then the gays. The only thing she left out was the usual Obama's war on Christians whine. Just another typical TP rant just print a copy of it and use it to fertilize your garden with it because that is what BS is good for.

Yep.
The dictator part comes in when Obama decides which parts of the law he chooses to enforce on which particular groups of people.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

schadenfreude
reply to post by buster2010

The bottom line, is that the American ppl are tired of being LIED TO.

No, people are still hooked on the big whopper that they can get out from under the load by talking about what "should be", so that's all they do.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

(RANT)

I know this sounds bad, but he's a racist and is only on the side of "his kind" IMO

What, when, where, and how will he control his country when 90% of the population moves to Canada, or other countries for a better life, I do not know. I'm sure he'll figure a way to F*** it up more. I am watching SICKO right now and I so do not want to live in america or proudly call myself one.. but if I could rip my fellow americans off and become rich like them... yeah, why not?

I just watched the film Eylisium. There is a lot of truth to that IMO, this country is running hard and fast into the ground. but if your one of the few "Richies" you'll be okay until the Purge sets in and your local Robin Hood's take back what is rightfully theirs. Damn, I really hope I can contribute to the So-To-Be Revolution.

BTW, I have traveled all over the world and have seen that living in america, isn't as great as whoever makes it seem that way. I have had many cultural experiences in other countries when hurt, or needed medical attention. The price differences on the same medicines overseas can vary a few $'s to $1,000's. I get so mad about political agendas verses doing what's right!

Keep laughing ignorant pigs!
edit on 27-12-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: Added a bit more Love, your welcome

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Is this taxation so OBFUSCATED the very fact that "representatives" voted on it when no one in the public had a clue what was in it make it irrelevant? HELL YES. So, in reality, other than semantic word games & political bs, what's really the difference? The bottom line, is that the American ppl are tired of being LIED TO.

The whole of the earths resources, 99% of the population are the playthings of the 1%. Like a frog in boiling water they keep bleeding us. Govt controlled fiat money printing, controlled recessions, payment of social security in tomorrows (deflated) dollar, too big to fail buy-outs and now Bank bail-ins.
They bled us slowly till we reach retirement age, but that wasnt enough for them. Now they'll throw in the occasional Cypress Haircut confiscation.

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

TheConstruKctionofLight

The whole of the earths resources, 99% of the population are the playthings of the 1%. Like a frog in boiling water they keep bleeding us. Govt controlled fiat money printing, controlled recessions, payment of social security in tomorrows (deflated) dollar, too big to fail buy-outs and now Bank bail-ins.
They bled us slowly till we reach retirement age, but that wasnt enough for them. Now they'll throw in the occasional Cypress Haircut confiscation.

Quoted for posterity. I'd give you more stars if I could.

The underlined part really resonated with me. If you think about it in those terms, SS was a huge money grab from every single hardworking American citizen who draws a paycheck in this country into an account the gov't had access to. They sold us on a lie as they spent that money on other things and wrote us IOU's for dollars they knew would be worth far far less when called in. If available at all. I'm 30 and I know for a fact SS isn't going to be there for me. I have to try and make my own way.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

badgerprints

buster2010
The ACA was voted on and made into law.

This is the key point in the argument.
The ACA was voted into law by the representatives of American citizens.

At the time, most Americans wanted this. They believed in it.
They all wanted their "free" healthcare.
Uncle 'O' was gonna give it to em.

Of course the fact that the ACA was a few thousands of pages of "apparently unreviewed" legislation and passed any way is unimportant when you think you are going to get free healthcare and that the cost is going to fall directly on someone else.

The "Debacle, disaster, travesty...blah, blah, blah...of Obamacare is directly and somewhat ironically proportional to how badly the typical American wanted to get something for free while screwing his fellow citizen in the bargain.

BUT, track this....we have only just begun with this legislation.
The broad strokes are just coming into play.
The "good" news is not so great. It's pretty bad actually.
The "bad" news hasn't even hit the fan yet.
I'd bet even money that the ACA has many, many unpleasant new surprises in store for the American people.

We've only seen the headlines.
We're going to be really screwed when we see the fine print.

But, that's what happens when you support a law to get free stuff because you think they are going to take it away from the guy across the street and give it to you.

Did somebody mention karma?

edit on 27-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

Somebody should tell France and Canada and others to stop stealing from the guy across the street then with their ridiculous free healthcare systems. My god, people must be just miserable in those countries with free healthcare...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

buster2010

Like how the US government is ignoring the laws on illegal immigration?

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

beezzer

buster2010

Obama has deported more than the last administration.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That's a well put little blog. Action is so easy - I don't know why we make it so difficult. If 1/2 of the American adult population sent an email to their congressman every day for a year do you think they would listen? I think so. How many emails would that be total?
If people go to just stand at a protests (I haven't been near one but if I were I would probably go to support with just my presence), that would help support efforts by others to assert their voice.

Lots of people like to stand down to see if it will take affect and then call it a lame attempt when people try to exercise their rights. Or they think their voice won't make a difference. If everyone thought like this we would have nothing but it's clear more do than say in the 60's.
That isn't in the spirit of America - to sit idly by (complaining but not acting) - afraid without the cover of a whole lot of people (some need to see a thousand at these things; some a million before feeling the spirit). Someone needs or make up and then have a motto to viral - "if you complain you can also act" or something like that (I'm not that creative).

We all know gossip is toxic. That's exactly what complaining without action is like. It's a safe way to vent and feel powerful (finding other like minded people, etc) without having to confront the problem.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

LDragonFire

beezzer

buster2010

Obama has deported more than the last administration.

Please. (rolling eyes)

#more#First, a little necessary background: The people who count in the “removals” numbers (which is what administration flacks mean when they boast of “deportations”) are legal immigrants who’ve committed crimes or illegal aliens caught inside the country. (The immigration statistics yearbook says, “Removals are the compulsory and confirmed movement of an inadmissible or deportable alien out of the United States based on an order of removal. An alien who is removed has administrative or criminal consequences placed on subsequent reentry owing to the fact of the removal.”) Those numbers do not include “returns,” who are Mexicans caught sneaking in by the Border Patrol and dumped back across. (The yearbook again: “Returns are the confirmed movement of an inadmissible or deportable alien out of the United States not based on an order of removal. Most of the voluntary returns are of Mexican nationals who have been apprehended by the U.S. Border Patrol and are returned to Mexico.”)

The reason this matters is that, as Representative Smith determined, the administration has started counting certain “returns” as “removals” in order to artificially inflate the numbers and create a “record level” of deportations. Specifically, those illegals caught by the Border Patrol who are shuttled to a different town along the border before they’re returned are being dishonestly counted as deportations. The point of this Alien Transfer Exit Program (ATEP) is to disrupt smuggling networks and make it harder to just keep crossing until you get through. But they’re still just returns, without any “administrative or criminal consequences placed on subsequent reentry.” This has falsely increased the number of total removals by more than 100,000 in the past two years. Smith noted, “When the numbers from this Border Patrol program are removed from this year’s deportation data, it shows that removals are actually down nearly 20% from 2009.”

This is not just a case of spin or fudging or “political lying,” as VDH describes it below. This is pure fabrication. And, naturally, the MSM fall for it.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

3n19m470

Somebody should tell France and Canada and others to stop stealing from the guy across the street then with their ridiculous free healthcare systems. My god, people must be just miserable in those countries with free healthcare...

Other countries healthcare costs less overall and provides more comprehensive cost coverage.
We're not talking about Canada or France.
They knew what they were getting when they enacted these laws.

We're talking about the stupidest bunch of voters on PLANET EARTH. THE USA!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE IS NO FREE HEALTHCARE WITH THE ACA.

DO YOU PEOPLE NOT GET THIS?

NOT FREE.

COSTS AN OUTRAGEOUS AMOUNT MORE AND YOU DON'T GET A CHOICE.

N O T F R E E !

edit on 30-12-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Technically not entirely true.

Obamacare never enjoyed majority support in America. The American people were never behind it in any majority fashion. The closest it ever got was into the 45% range. It's also all about the questions people were asked. When news outlets reported support for the ACA, they often based it solely off of asking people if they supported free health care. Of course, everyone wants that, but when they were asked more comprehensive question pertaining to the ACA, the support always dropped off sharply.

The bottom line is that people always want free stuff, and no matter what system is installed, it will never be free. Not even single payer is free. In fact, I'll bet it would be as costly as Obamacare to the individual if you tally up all the tax increases that would be levied to attempt to support it. The only difference might be that they might spread them out so you will experience death by a thousand paper cuts rather than having to pay it in monthly premium form like you do now.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

3n19m470
Yah, I resented the hell out of paying that $36 out of pocket to cure my cancer. (parking fees at the hospital). And the guy across the street resented it too...now we don't talk.

posted on Dec, 30 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by badgerprints

Technically not entirely true.

Obamacare never enjoyed majority support in America. The American people were never behind it in any majority fashion. The closest it ever got was into the 45% range. It's also all about the questions people were asked. When news outlets reported support for the ACA, they often based it solely off of asking people if they supported free health care. Of course, everyone wants that, but when they were asked more comprehensive question pertaining to the ACA, the support always dropped off sharply.

The bottom line is that people always want free stuff, and no matter what system is installed, it will never be free. Not even single payer is free. In fact, I'll bet it would be as costly as Obamacare to the individual if you tally up all the tax increases that would be levied to attempt to support it. The only difference might be that they might spread them out so you will experience death by a thousand paper cuts rather than having to pay it in monthly premium form like you do now.

Technically?
Technically more people supported Obamacare than are signing up because they though it was free.
THEY were going to get FREE healthcare and all of the RICH people were going to PAY for it.
NOW WE'RE ALL RICH!
And nobody wants to sign up.

You are correct. They want free stuff and will vote for it if it screws the guy next door to do it.

<<   2 >>

join