It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama town accidentally hires black drag queens to dance in Christmas parade

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There's a video of the performance. These men may be in drag, but they are not doing anything a typical dancer would do in a parade.

Once again, this is really a non-issue. If this had been some kind of racial issue, the people "appalled" would be hung out to dry. Racism, it seems is no longer tolerated. Being gay, well stop the presses.

I think we have another 40-50 years to go before being gay is a non-issue, and people get called to the carpet for discriminating against them.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I think that is amazing, I hope they did do it just to give the ermm 'traditional' members of the audience a minor stroke! Brilliant S+F

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As a Drag Queen myself i must applaud!!

you can't blame the Queen's, they got hired, and they performed!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
the most disgusting part of this was the reaction by that lady with her daughter. the troupe were doing parade dance moves in appropriate attire, nothing even close to being vulgar or profane. and by the massive turn-out of the ten or so people that actually watched from the sidelines, this "parade" needed some spicing up. like posters have said before me, if this had been females, there wouldn't any problem

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I feel bad for the Prancing Elite. They were there in good faith, invited to perform, and were subjected to jeers and rude comments from the people of this backwards town. The lady who they interviewed about how 'outraged' she was that her daughter should be exposed to - SHOCK - dancing men was hilarious. Her poor daughter had that look on her face like she wanted to be anywhere but next to her uptight mother at that moment.

I hope at least some of the people attending got a kick out of it.
edit on 12/23/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

What's wrong with this and why did they fire the coordinator? Oh well, I guess nobody filled them in on the real meaning of Christmas these days, it ain't Christ's birth btw, it's pure unadulterated consumerism. What Black Drag Queens can't sell stupid pieces of Chinese crap toys or something?? Bet the kiddies didn't even know until an adult open their big gaping pie holes.
edit on 2013/12/23 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
My wife, daughter and I were there at the parade and it was a bit odd, mainly because you knew they were guys. The thing that blows me away the most and something that wasn't talked about was the fact that not 10 minutes prior to them coming through there was a group of 7-10 year olds called "Blaq Dynasty" twerking. I was blown away and so were most of the other parents there. A couple of women even yelled "get it!".

The gay guys dancing --- well whatever, they're adults and my kid can't tell the difference anyway. Young, preteen girls however, dancing like strippers is absolutely disturbing.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

iamhobo
My wife, daughter and I were there at the parade and it was a bit odd, mainly because you knew they were guys. The thing that blows me away the most and something that wasn't talked about was the fact that not 10 minutes prior to them coming through there was a group of 7-10 year olds called "Blaq Dynasty" twerking. I was blown away and so were most of the other parents there. A couple of women even yelled "get it!".

The gay guys dancing --- well whatever, they're adults and my kid can't tell the difference anyway. Young, preteen girls however, dancing like strippers is absolutely disturbing.

Philly does this every year (mummers) yes they're straight men in drag but I really don't see the issue the twerking thing that would disturb me more (10 yr olds no less??)!!!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I may be wrong here, but I can find no evidence (as in admissions from the group) that the dancers are gay. I am ignoring unfounded accusations of course; we had female impersonators who were straight back when I was a kid. So why are they assumed to be gay?

It sounds to me they just like to dance and don't like the traditional male-female expectations.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well I watched the video ..... they looked like typical dancers in a parade to me. I think it's wrong that the planners or whatever they were for this parade were fired. Typical people getting their panties in a wad, I mean it's not like they were wearing something with their man parts hanging out!

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

they're adults and my kid can't tell the difference anyway. Young, preteen girls however, dancing like strippers is absolutely disturbing.

Interesting that part didn't make the news at all. I'm surprised parents would allow their kids to do that in the first place. Goes to show where some peoples priorities are.
edit on 884pm5858pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So were they doing any lewd acts that the clip didn't show, or was that lady legitimately angry that the guys are dressing and dancing like women? Apparently no actual problems must exist in that town if they get enraged over something like that.

On the plus side, the Prancing Elite got some free publicity out of this so it's not all bad.
edit on 23-12-2013 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, just read some of the comments (like the Christmas story linked on the page you posted) and I'm blown away. I'm sorry, but I can't begin to take that site seriously. I went through three or four pages with my jaw dropped as they were talking about fingering babies. No thanks!

That's all I have to say.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Auricom
reply to post by Bassago

Wow, just read some of the comments (like the Christmas story linked on the page you posted) and I'm blown away. I'm sorry, but I can't begin to take that site seriously. I went through three or four pages with my jaw dropped as they were talking about fingering babies. No thanks!

That's all I have to say.

The website is notoriously left-wing IMO but I find it useful to read as it gives a lot of insight into the progressive mindset. Same reason I read WND (totally right wing.)

You're right about the comments and as I said it allows for a good snapshot into their views. Makes ATS look positively well mannered and civilized doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
unless they sucked at dancing, i see no problem.

i feel bad for them, not the people watching.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I don't read WND either, nor do I take much heed in threads starting out with news from that site. But yes, it does make ATS look like a utopia of respectful debate. Sorry again about not being able to say much on the news you posted, but I'll give you my 0.2 from the snippet you shared.

I really don't see the problem. I'm raised in a very mixed household that ranged from outright Atheism, Agnosticism, Judaism and Christianity. Some of my biggest hero's in my family were atheists, like my grandfather who adopted me and raised me as his own. I grew up to believe in Christianity. With that being said, I can't for the life of me fathom why anyone would have a problem with a drag queen partaking in a Christmas parade.

I believe Jesus wouldn't have cared, he'd probably welcome the individual with open arms and urge others to do the same. And that's what pisses me so much off about how we've become. We care so little for our fellow man and instead flaunt ourselves like our s*** don't stink. And this goes for everyone on both ends of the spectrum.

This is about as religious as I can get. I don't typically spout off about my religious beliefs, but just wanted to say that.

So happy festivus everyone, hope you shined your poles this year.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
This is awesome.

Should've invited that Duck Dynasty dude to the parade as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is hilarious! Thanks for posting the story and thanks LDragonFire for the video.

posted on Dec, 23 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Fury1984
This is hilarious! Thanks for posting the story and thanks LDragonFire for the video.

I thought the dancers handled it well, some of the towns people not so much. I have a feeling there won't be any large pictures of this years parade on display at the court house.

posted on Dec, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So apparently...

This is perfectly okay:
(Toddlers and Tiaras)

And this isn't:
(Professional Adult Dance Group)

If it has a vagina, anything goes.
If it doesn't, for shame !!!

<< 1    3 >>

join