It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Facebook Page Censorship

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kingears

He made it pretty clear that the action was taken due to something else you posted on the page, not the comment you posted in the OP of this thread.

kingears
Yes my avatar and fb profile are the same image

TA-DA!, Answered your own question.
You obviously posted the comments position in the OP, when matched with the account picture, I'm pretty sure that gives a 1/1 identification.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

blupblup

Let me break it down for you since you're having difficulty understanding English.

ATS is privately owned.

They don't need a reason.

if you don't like it, moaning about it will not change anything, many have tried, none have succeeded.

If you still don't like it... LEAVE.

No need for a personal dig, so right back at you -

Can you not read? MY ISSUE IS THAT THE POST THAT WAS HIDDEN DIDN'T CONTRAVENE THE T&C'S OF THE SITE YET IT WAS STILL 'HIDDEN' BECAUSE APPARENTLY I MADE ANOTHER COMMENT (NO EVIDENCE OF THIS YET) THAT DID. I AM NOT 'MOANING' ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN CENSORED ON THIS WEBSITE, BUT NO ONE IS COMMENTING ABOUT THAT, JUST FOCUSING.ON THE FACT ATS HAS BEEN IN CRTICISED.

KING

edit on 13/12/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When one starts 'yelling', all their credibility wanes.

imho, of course.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

That damn stupid idiotic Jam Lip Balm viral marketing hoax really got to people, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I know it was to do with the this 'other' comment I'm supposed to have made, but this was not.immediately clear to me and it was like getting blood from a stone to find that little piece of info out, you obviously haven't read the thread properly.

No it.doesn't confirm my ID. Anyone can save my avatar and use it so technically it could of been anyone. Engage brain please.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

masqua

When one starts 'yelling', all their credibility wanes.

imho, of course.

Its called frustration as no one is focusing on the ACTUAL issue at hand, just that I'm allegedly bashing their precious ATS.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Wow, thanks this for insightful post, I commend you

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

kingears
No it.doesn't confirm my ID. Anyone can save my avatar and use it so technically it could of been anyone. Engage brain please.

That's true...
However, when only one person has posted to the page with that avatar, then shows the exact position of that post in a list of other posts, that sort of narrows things a bit. You agree?

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

That damn stupid idiotic Jam Lip Balm viral marketing hoax really got to people, didn't it?

Yessir it got under my skin. Thanks for being straightforward and to the point of all my bitching, griping, and complaining. Your name being Skeptic is exactly what I am right now. Concerning that strange site, monarch programming, ETC.

It's now been over a month and nothing has amounted to that topic pointing to marketing. There is zero product for sale as proven by A ATS member.

There is no movie coming out, no lip balm, NADA! You seem like the most reasonable of this discussion. And being skeptical yourself, how does this still equate to marketing? Now, when this topic was dissected and got weirder and weirder, how does it look to a conspiracy theorist to have it railroaded before being solved? Either something is up, or it's actually what your calling it. I want to be WRONG! My ego will not be hurt to be proven wrong. So far nothing is amounting to this. It's a failed marketing ploy though if you ask me.

Thanks for your time/response skeptic. I'm trying to be civil and not stir up drama. I just figured a mod or someone would take it upon themselves and actually answer to their claims. I hope all the members keep up the excellent work and thanks for some fantastic reading. Skeptic overlord, What is banned from discussion on your/this site?
edit on 13-12-2013 by guardian0111 because:

edit on 13-12-2013 by guardian0111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

kingears
reply to post by defcon5

it was like getting blood from a stone to find that little piece of info out

King

Really?? Mate, I immediately stopped everything and attempted to address your situation with the resources I had. When I was able to dig deeper into the situation I then apologized for not addressing your full concerns initially.

As far as figuring out who you were on Facebook, not hard at all. You had already described your comment and where you posted it... Just had to match the name and look in the banned list.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This is like telling a cult they are wrong, that is what it seems ATS has become, a cult, I can see this is not being taken seriously as the owner is making jokes now. The credibility of this thread has been meticulously destroyed by users not reading the thread properly and now the fact that's it in the rant sub forum means I'm being made to look like a moaning a hole whose making a mountain out of a mole hill. Its pathetic that you treat users this way when they have a GENUINE CONCERN to raise.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

kingears
This is like telling a cult they are wrong, that is what it seems ATS has become, a cult, I can see this is not being taken seriously as the owner is making jokes now. The credibility of this thread has been meticulously destroyed by users not reading the thread properly and now the fact that's it in the rant sub forum means I'm being made to look like a moaning a hole whose making a mountain out of a mole hill. Its pathetic that you treat users this way when they have a GENUINE CONCERN to raise.

King

Now you are just slurring an entire community because you are not satisfied with the recourse.

If you want to control the way people perceive you (and keep you thread out of rant), you should avoid:

Can you not read? MY ISSUE IS THAT THE POST THAT WAS HIDDEN DIDN'T CONTRAVENE THE T&C'S OF THE SITE YET IT WAS STILL 'HIDDEN' BECAUSE APPARENTLY I MADE ANOTHER COMMENT (NO EVIDENCE OF THIS YET) THAT DID. I AM NOT 'MOANING' ABOUT ANYTHING THAT HAS BEEN CENSORED ON THIS WEBSITE, BUT NO ONE IS COMMENTING ABOUT THAT, JUST FOCUSING.ON THE FACT ATS HAS BEEN IN CRTICISED.

KING

That just SCREAMS to me that you are throwing a fit.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I am yet to see proof I posted anything that should result in a ban. I checked myself and found nothing so as it stands I was banned unfairly imo.

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I'll give you that one, I stand corrected

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I call it how I see it and the behavior of some members is very much like they are following a cult. It never used to be like this.

As stated i was frustrated and apologise for the all caps post, I let my frustration get the better of me, we are all guilty of that at some point in our lives. Again apologies

King

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Unfortunately, you won't receive the proof you're looking for. I'm sorry to report that the activity log for the Facebook page doesn't report deleted comments.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

kingears
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I call it how I see it and the behavior of some members is very much like they are following a cult. It never used to be like this.

As stated i was frustrated and apologise for the all caps post, I let my frustration get the better of me, we are all guilty of that at some point in our lives. Again apologies

King

If it makes you feel any better....i post things that I should apologize for on a daily basis.

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

YOU still dont get it. A private sight has rules, can censor or allow ANYTHING put in any-way. These are rules here just like on other sites.

So the simple fact of you whining and whining? If you dont like it...(and what Im saying you already said you dont like)...please go to another site whose rules fit your ideology.

Overall, this is...if not the best site...a great one to discuss a myriad of different ideas. That you dont like it and just keep on complaining.....please. Either find another site or join us here. Your choice.

We will welcome either of your decisions....

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSmediaPRO

I've never deleted anything I've posted within the ATS Facebook page therefore you should be able to trace the comment I made.

However my wife has now informed me that because I deactivated my account in october, this may have removed the 'Other' comment in question automatically that i am informed i was banned for. So it seems upon my reactivation of Facebook i was still on the banned list thus my fresh comment listed in the OP that i thought resulted in my ban was automatically hidden by the page filter, as explained by a moderator via PM.

I am still a little disappointed in the way this thread has been handled and the lack of intelligent replies/pointless posts from other members but it seems the mystery is solved.

I must thank my wife for her useless knowledge in the world of Facebook and thank you for at least attempting to help me figure this out.

King

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join