It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

check you ingredients in your toothpaste

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
hi all i have just found this toothpaste on a site called green people it only £3.50 a tube
Organic Children Mandarin & Aloe Vera Toothpaste

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Haha...just been to check my 'other' toothpaste and came down to post and you beat me to it!
That's the one!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

THanks for posting,
but as you can see many here already are aware of BAD toothpaste,.
Ive been Aluminum and fluoride (one in the same) for many years now.
My preference is Toms

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I can't use baking soda as it is too abrasive for my teeth. I have very soft enamel and have always had problems and very sensitive teeth. But the dentist has always told my mother, baking soda is all you need. You can also add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide for whitening as well. I do the oil pulling and also use Vicco tooth powder. I haven't been using it long enough to know if it is working, but it does have excellent reviews.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

opal13
I can't use baking soda as it is too abrasive for my teeth. I have very soft enamel and have always had problems and very sensitive teeth. But the dentist has always told my mother, baking soda is all you need. You can also add a small amount of hydrogen peroxide for whitening as well. I do the oil pulling and also use Vicco tooth powder. I haven't been using it long enough to know if it is working, but it does have excellent reviews.

ever try 'Oil Pulling" for tooth sensitivity or whitening?
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-11-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I'm usually the last one to side with mainstream anything.....but I went back to my Crest with fluoride.

I tried several natural products, and they did clean my teeth.
But my teeth are prone to cavities, and the lack of fluoride showed after about 6 months....my dentist asked what I had changed.

So, if you can, by all means abandon fluoride toothpastes for whatever works for you.
It just may not be the thing for every mouth.

I did mention oil pulling to the hygienist the other day. She felt it was a "fad" ATM, but couldn't say it didn't work and that it was worth a try.
I have plenty of coconut oil and will be trying it....but, damn, 20 minutes is a loooong time

Somewhat off topic, but I also try to keep x-rays to a minimum...and my dentist understands and doesn't push it.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

20 mins IS a long time
start out with 10 and just two teaspoons, AND BE SURE NOT TO SWALLOW ANY..
If someone is a smoker, coffee or tea drinker, it will whiten the teeth.

I had my last dentist visit last year after being fluoride free for over 5, and the dentist asked
me what ive been doing about plaque control. Asked if I was using an anti-plaque toothpaste.

I said no, told him i was using a no fluoride paste and oil pulling twice a week. All he said was
Oh..... I find most Dentists to be blinded and gagged by the ADA and that Fluoride is a contributor
to many health issues and tooth issues including plaque build up

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I usually do it in the shower. Takes about that long anyway, so then it's not like your are sitting around waiting for 20 minutes to be up. But yes, even try 10 to start with.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

OrphanApology
reply to post by Dianec

Was it calcium carbonate or calcium bicarbonate?

Either way, very interesting post.

I got both powdered calcium carbonate and calcium citrate. I'll look into the bicarbonate though

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
How do you do the oil pulling; do you melt it first or does it melt anyway? I know that prolly a really stupid question but..........and before or after brushing my teeth?

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

I found this article
authoritynutrition.com...

Oil pulling is incredibly simple and effective.

Here’s how to do it:

• Put about a tablespoon of oil in your mouth.
  • Swish the oil around your mouth for about 10-20 minutes.
  • Spit out the oil, then brush your teeth.

• I've only tried it once or twice, cannot verify the result

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:26 AM
    link   
    reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

My dentist does believe in fluoride toothpaste, but thinks it doesn't do ANY good in the water supply.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
    link   
    reply to post by gallopinghordes

You can use a few different oils. I use coconut oil because I just always keep it on hand. Coconut oil will melt in your hand, so when you put it in your mouth, it will melt very quickly. Only thing I really had to get used to was having oil in my mouth, it was the texture. But the longer you swish it around, it waters down with the saliva, and it's really not bad at all.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 12:00 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Dianec

No I was just making sure you didn't do typo lol.

Sodium Bicarbonate is just baking soda but sodium carbonate is something else entirely. That's why I was asking.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
    link   
    reply to post by opal13

I'll have to try it; we switched to coconut oil for cooking as it's much healthier and leaves a delightful flavor with the food so I'll give it a go.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
    link   

Chukkles
    reply to post by Hushabye

They are separate things.
    Baking powder generally comes with added acidic ingredient.
    Bicarb doesn't.

www.readersdigest.com.au...

It's all a bit vague though.

Conspiracy methinks.
    edit on 30-11-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2013 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

I said baking soda, not baking powder. Two different things. You definitely would not use baking powder on your teeth. Baking soda and bicarbonate are the same thing. Just different names in US and other countries (as so many other things).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join