It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US B52 aircraft challenge China air zone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

deadcalm
reply to post by Zaphod58

This is a territorial dispute between Japan and China. But once again, the US can't help stick it's nose somewhere it's not needed or required. Sending bombers to overfly these islands just serves to escalate tensions...this is why the US is disliked so much all over the world.

This airspace that US aircraft use all the time, did you really think we would let somebody tells us we could not? In particular when they are claiming to control one of our closest allies airspace? This is just China over playing its hand. And that is why China is disliked way more than the US all over the world.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Chinese Military Parade

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

Zaphod58
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

I understand them probably better than most people on here do. I also understand the threat level imposed by them better than most people on here do. A B-52, while being a threat, is nowhere near the threat level of a B-1, which is nowhere near the threat level of a B-2. It's a question of finding the right message to send, which the B-52 fits perfectly. A fighter is too little, and a B-1/B-2 is too much. A B-52 sends just the right message.

You set a new standard by which modesty can be judged.
We kneel before thee, in awe.

Some people really just knows what they are talking about even if you doubt it, there's really no need to be condescending.

(post by LeBombDiggity removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
hoo ha ha Let me take yo picta!!!

Look who's still TOP DOG!! The USA that is right. China dare take a jab at one of our bombers their done.
Over, the peking duck is goosed.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please discuss the topic, not each other.

~Tenth
ATS Super Mod

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

The US *had* to do this - it was an absolute must. Whether Japan was involved or not. We simply cannot let anyone dictate where we can go outside of those areas already established by agreements and/or international treaties.

I'm also glad we did it so quickly. Both the timing and the aircraft send exactly the right message. As do the news stories. We are not only doing it - we are making it very public that we are doing so.

I bet even China knows they were out of their collective minds in trying to declare this air space off limits. I think whoever is really in charge there must have been sleeping when the OK was given to do this.

And not a peep out of China, actually speaks volumes. Their next public statement on this matter ought to be interesting. And they'll need to do it soon because I'm sure the US and others are going to continue to fly through that airspace whether they like it or not. And every time it happens it makes China look like a weak & toothless paper tiger. China can abide many things, but that isn't one of them.

It will be fun watching the rest of this play out...

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You rather China be the Bully or stay with the USA?
reply to post by Lysergic

Both are, and aren't the only ones.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

buddha

US flies B52 aircraft over disputed islands in East China Sea in defiance of Chinese air defence rules - officials More to follow.

BBC news

its on BBC world service to! two B52's
are they trying to start a war?
I thought these silly games stopt with the end of USSR?

USA the Bully of the world!

Or somebody has been reading the "OLD DOG" books again......

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Look who's still TOP DOG!! The USA that is right.
reply to post by starfoxxx

Is this that apparent Prussian-devised education system at work?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

buddha

Whatever.

It's not like China bullies anyone either. It's all just a illusion and we actually live in a world of Unicorns and rainbows.

This is a tried and true tactic. When you push someone, you'd best be aware that they'll push back.

China is starting to feel a little rambunctious lately. With the US and NATO pulling out of everywhere, they seem to think that the timing is ripe for the picking.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

thewholetruth
This posturing by the United States in the pacific is just a clash between two empire. One empire is raising and the other empire is falling. I think the US should stick to their side of the Globe and let China handle the pacific rim. Iran is starting to become the new NKorea so that's a door that need to be closed ASAP, China can wait.

just wanted to point this fact out but we are on the pacific rim and have territory only a few hundred miles from china.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

did you really think we would let somebody tells us we could not

I almost choked on that bit there....the arrogance of Americans to think they can dictate to the world. Might does not make you right. Sounds like a petulant teenager yelling at his parents " you can't tell me what to do". Yuk.

Hmmm....lets see. The US has committed war crimes, crimes aginst humanity, torture, indefinite detention, illegal spying on everyone (friend and foe alike), illegally invaded 2 countries, used banned DUI ordinance on civilians, killed over a million people in the ME, made more than 4 million people refugees, went way beyond the security council resolutions in Libya....it would seem that nobody can tell the American Gov what to do....even it's own citizens. Perhaps it's time for the US to listen to cooler heads.

I ask you this....other than angering the Chinese what did the little flyover stunt achieve?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

As of today, there has been no military conflict over these disputed islands. So I'd say the US gov might be jumping the gun here...but more importantly...why not try and use diplomacy? Why is it always the US's first reaction to take an agressive posture?

I guess when the only tool you have is a hammer....everything starts to look like a nail.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcalm

So you don't count China doing the same thing the US did as aggressive since it's China right? Because they've flown over the islands, through Japanese territory many times recently. They've claimed islands that others have better claim to, but that's fine because it's China right?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

buddha

they should use politics first.
have Japan increase its air space.

This IS using politics. People have it wrong when they say "Oh, they should have talked". International Politics is a game of military and economic posturing along with diplomats (both public and back channel) in order to get things accomplished. You also need to remember there is a cultural aspect as well. It's about saving face and questioning power, and what better what to show who has the power in this case - which means the US will give China a way to save face (say within the next 30 days)... and I would expect it to be an economic trade.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hear some comments from people bewildered because America is being called the aggressor.

I wonder if China flew nuclear bombers within range of American shores if you would then see that as an aggressive move?

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

buddha

US flies B52 aircraft over disputed islands in East China Sea in defiance of Chinese air defence rules - officials More to follow.

BBC news

its on BBC world service to! two B52's
are they trying to start a war?
I thought these silly games stopt with the end of USSR?

For someone watching BBC you sure are a moron lol. Oh but let me guess your not really British huh.

What a joke, we are bullies until you need us to come save your arse and then we are the best country in the world. Sorry, go back to the rat hole you crawled out from.

Really get sick of the American bashing. If it were no for us you would be speaking German or Japanese you nitwit lol.

The Bot

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

deadcalm

As of today, there has been no military conflict over these disputed islands. So I'd say the US gov might be jumping the gun here...but more importantly...why not try and use diplomacy? Why is it always the US's first reaction to take an agressive posture?

I guess when the only tool you have is a hammer....everything starts to look like a nail.

Probably because there was no diplomacy used when China unilaterally made this ridiculous declaration in the first place.

The US did make a statement condemning the action. China did nothing for days. So we acted.

And we did so purposefully, thoughtfully and with just the right amount of swagger....so to speak. It was important that we get our message across quickly and without a lot of hand-waving, foot-stomping and unending rhetoric. This needed to be nipped in the bud quickly.

And btw - I am not a flag-waving, chest-thumping right winger. But I do know that letting that decree stand for any length of time would have been very dangerous for us & other countries around the world on many levels.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Is Russia sending the same message when they send their Tu-95 Bears over our aircraft carriers and through our airspace, or are they just gathering intelligence?

The B-52s have long range and strong radars, I bet they were seeing if the Chinese would paint them with radar, or send aircraft to intercept so they know where they are just in case they have to take them out?
edit on 26-11-2013 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join