It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to the Scot's Here on ATS? ....

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

justwokeup
reply to post by angelchemuel

Its wildly unrealistic to expect Scotland to get any special treatment. In this case i'm more inclined to believe the Spaniard. Scotland will have to apply for EU membership and it will be granted after agreeing to take the Euro.

Why would Scotland be offered terms no other applicant gets?

Thats not the Apocalypse but I see it as entirely less desirable than what we have now.

The Spanish president had his own agenda when he said what he said.....Catalonia!!!. i doubt very much he will be in power long.

in case you haven't Noticed...Scotland is already a part of the EU...Nothing says we need to leave or be voted back in.....more project fear mongering.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

The United Kingdom is part of the EU and will remain so.

The new nation state of Scotland is something else entirely.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

justwokeup
reply to post by angelchemuel

Its wildly unrealistic to expect Scotland to get any special treatment. In this case i'm more inclined to believe the Spaniard. Scotland will have to apply for EU membership and it will be granted after agreeing to take the Euro.

Why would Scotland be offered terms no other applicant gets?

Thats not the Apocalypse but I see it as entirely less desirable than what we have now.

The Spanish president had his own agenda when he said what he said.....Catalonia!!!. i doubt very much he will be in power long.

in case you haven't Noticed...Scotland is already a part of the EU...Nothing says we need to leave or be voted back in.....more project fear mongering.

Scotland is not part of The EU. However The UK is. If Scotland gained Independence it is no longer part of the UK and would have to apply to join The EU.
edit on 28-11-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

justwokeup

Show me the documentation that says we are gone......The EU will accept Scotland with open arms if it comes to it..
Project fear doesn't scare me.....we've had it from the 70's over the oil's running oot issue...guess what...it's still flowing and we are finding new fields left, right and Centre around Scotland's shores...

I'll take my chances before Westminster has bled us dry. Another 50 years of Oil production is better in our hands than London's.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

justwokeup

The EU will accept Scotland with open arms if it comes to it..

So you can say for certainty how the other EU nations would vote if Scotland had to apply for membership?

That's very interesting indeed.

Turkey has a much larger GDP that Scotland would have if it decided to go it alone. Turkey has been trying to gain entry to The EU for years and has never been accepted so far.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Its pretty simple really. Scotland is not currently a nation. Therefore it is not a member of the EU. Nor is it a member of any of myriad other international treaties and organisations to which nation states are signatory.

Thats not fear mongering its just the state of things.

Its doable, I dont think anybody doubts that Scotland would be allowed into the EU.

I just don't believe we would get terms uniquely better than any of the other recent members. We would be allowed in on their terms. Why would the EU make special exemption for Scotland? The SNP are just unwilling to try selling the whole truth.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

justwokeup

Its pretty simple really. Scotland is not currently a nation.

Where's a rolly about on it's arse emoticon when you need one.. this is exactly why i'm voting yes..

edit on 28-11-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Taken from THE SCOTSMAN sorry the link isn't working for me!

European leaders in Brussels say an independent Scotland won't have an easy or quick

negotiation to secure EU membership MSP's were told.

Scotland will have to exit the EU after a yes vote then reapply to join!........

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

It's simple really...it's mitigating circumstances....Scotland having already/currently being a member under the UK 'flag' so to speak.
So I tend to go with the lawyers....especially as they would be the guys who would be involved with all the legal requirements.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

You're right, it takes bollocks because it is bollocks.

But it's your bollocks...

Not mine.

I was incredibly nationalist before I lived abroad. Then I realised how small minded Scotland really is.

Independence is a step backwards.

Unluckily I am financially tied to Scotland - if I didn't run a business here...I would be gone.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Scotland wont get into the EU..
Scotland will need to have a Border patrol..
Scotland wont have any say on it's own Oil fields..
Scotland wont get to watch Dr Who..
Scotland Porridge prices will shoot through the roof..
Tartan will melt under the sun...

Heard it all.....Keep all those scare stories coming....they tickle my bones.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

selfharmonise

Unluckily I am financially tied to Scotland - if I didn't run a business here...I would be gone.

So you, like Paul Daniels once said, would be outta here.. if it doesn''t go your way...Where does Paul Daniels live now after it didn't go his way....Heard all this crappola before.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

selfharmonise

You're right, it takes bollocks because it is bollocks.

But it's your bollocks...

Not mine.

I was incredibly nationalist before I lived abroad. Then I realised how small minded Scotland really is.

Independence is a step backwards.

You also said in your previous post...

I am scottish and have lived all over the world.

How totally and utterly disingenuous of you to your fellow kin, regardless of the political/independence debate going on here.
I wonder how long your business will survive if you have the "bollocks" to speak to your customers the way you have here?
Rainbows
Jane

PS....Hehe...just spotted your 'sig' I think it's called....

Egotism is the anaesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity - Frank Leahy

Oh dear!! PMSL!

edit on 28-11-2013 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I would find it most amusing if after Scotland gained independence it all went tits up and they asked to rejoin the union. They where answered with a resounding NO.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

alldaylong

I would find it most amusing if after Scotland gained independence it all went tits up and they asked to rejoin the union. They where answered with a resounding NO.

Why would Scotland ask to go back...Out of every country that has went indi from the UK in the past.."16 countries, No-one else has. what would make us special.

And why would you find it amusing.?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A must read for those Euro Sceptics..

www.publications.parliament.uk...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

alldaylong

Why would Scotland ask to go back...Out of every country that has went indi from the UK in the past.."16 countries, No-one else has. what would make us special.

England bailed Scotland out when it went bankrupt in 1707. If it went bankrupt again why would we want to bail it out a second time?
Countries do go bankrupt you know. Remember Iceland?

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

alldaylong

Soloprotocol

alldaylong

England bailed Scotland out when it went bankrupt in 1707. If it went bankrupt again why would we want to bail it out a second time?

And you think the UK wont ever go Bankrupt...just give it time...it's already on the bones of it's arse, they are just hiding it from plain sight.
Scotland's Lords in 1707 arsed it up..not the people of Scotland...anyway...stop talking bollocks about crappola from yesteryear.
Just remember, you and i are Bailing out Corruption with a Banking system at this very moment...

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Soloprotocol

alldaylong

Soloprotocol

alldaylong

And you think the UK wont ever go Bankrupt...just give it time...it's already on the bones of it's arse, they are just hiding it from plain sight.
Scotland's Lords in 1707 arsed it up..not the people of Scotland...anyway...stop talking bollocks about crappola from yesteryear.

Just quoting facts dear boy

Would i rather be a part of a nation which has the worlds financial centre within it (London) or take a chance on God knows what ?
All i can say is if you go it alone, we won't miss you.

posted on Nov, 28 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

alldaylong

Yes Scotland is behaving like an errant husband wanting an 'open marriage' or

a 'break' so as to keep their options open ...Lol

However those interested in the subject should be watching "Question Time"

on BBC NOW like me!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join