It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama diverts food stamps cash to fund Michelle’s “Let’s Move” program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Not only have poor American families had their food stamp benefits cut nation wide now we find out where that money went. In the case of the missing food stamps it appears Obama has funneled the money to Michelle (Antoinette's) let them eat cake program. Or in this case "Let them eat bean sprouts."

Obama diverting cash from food stamps to fund Michelle’s “Let’s Move” program

That’s right. For all the liberal moaning about the Conservative opposition to permanently expanding the SNAP welfare program, liberals (including Obama himself) are conveniently ignoring the fact that the President has diverted funds from food stamps and funneled them into Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” program.

New York Post: It’s come to this. Some 76 million meals a year will vanish from this city — poof! — partly because the president diverted money from SNAP to the first lady’s signature program, part of her Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative — the bean-sprout-heavy, $4.5 billion Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act.

The rest of the $5 billion annual food-stamp cuts was taken when 2009 stimulus funds dried up. But with ObamaCare woes stealing the oxygen in Washington, there’s little urgency to replace dandelion greens served on recyclable trays with family-friendly buttered mashed potatoes.

Now I'm all for healthy eating but the blatant fascist control put forth by these bubble inhabiting elitists is simply too much to stomach. Is there anything these people can't screw up? Or is it simply the last gasps of a failing administration (and obnoxious wife) scrambling for some legacy to leave behind? If the latter then all I have to say come down from the champagne Hollywood parties, vacation heavy, golf extravaganza and try doing something worthwhile. And keep the bean sprouts.
edit on 899pm5959pm22013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Sounds like it's at least going into feeding hungry folks, and with healthy food!

I'd be afraid to find out what percentage of food stamp money goes for sugar, soda, cheap-cut meat, chips, and other foods which harm rather than imbibe the body with nutrients and real food.

The food stamp program is, of course, corporate welfare. People don't have anything of substance when they obtain their stamps or food cards, nothing at all. Every cent goes to corporate food, corporations like Coca-Cola, and to chain stores owned by some of the richest people in America (I'm sure WalMart takes food stamps, for example, cash on the barrelhead for the Waltons).
edit on 11-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

We are doomed!

I really don't know what else to say!

Some people worship this and some people worship that, but our deaths will be at the hands of those whom worship the government!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Sounds like it's at least going into feeding hungry folks, and with healthy food!

I am really curious as to how you came to that conclusion.

You understand they TOOK money from the foodstamp program to invest in M Obamas healthy school meal program.

So a lot of hungry folks are going to be alot more hungry this holiday season.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Is there anything these people can't screw up?

Nope. As a matter of fact I am pretty sure they could screw up a wet dream.... But why does this not surprise me though. Is that the sadder part in all this?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I'm not a 100% on this but wasn't it a couple months back that most of the schools across the country canceled m Obama's lunch program because of how bad it sucked. So they are supposedly giving more money to a program that has been cancelled by most schools. I think I smell another Obama laundering scheme.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
From the source blog....

The great food grab began in 2010, when President Obama, with Michelle and US Department of Agriculture honchos at his side, signed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. At the time, he admitted taking cash from one pocket to feed the other.
“Some of the funding [for the lunch program] comes from rolling back temporary increases in food-stamp benefits,” he said, starting in the fall of 2013.

Your indignation seems to be coming three and a half years too late...

Also from the blog...

Part of the problem is that the food-stamp program has grown like wildfire under Obama — to $80 billion last year, with a more than 70 percent increase in recipients just since 2008. Do they all need the help?

hmmmm....

The blog author is not only SHOCKED about the funds being diverted more than three years ago, but she really doesn't think the people should have the funds in the first place...

They call those things crocodile tears.

Still the tirade about Justin Bieber a little further in the blog was amusing, i guess, so the read wasn't a total waste.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Sure the food stamp program is social welfare. But there are a lot of families out there that need it right now.
Of course food stamp recepients are increasing in numbers. Look around, this economy is in the toilet.

It is moves like this that confirm in my eyes that these ass hats actually WANT the American people to suffer.
Brilliant plan, take food from the dinner table and replace the food at school with crap hat nobody wants and barely sustains your body if you do want it.
Growing kids need more than bean sprouts.

Elitist scum make me sick.

And oh yeah, you can bet your bottom dollar there is more money laundering involved here. Just like Michelle's buddy getting one billion to build a damn website incorrectly.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Food stamps were not cut they were put back to the original non bonus amount. Get over it He was re elected you are supposed to be happy

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DonVoigt

Here is the thread I think you're referring to, New York school drops Michelle Obama lunch standards: Kids too hungry

From wikipedia

"The HealthierUS School Challenge (HUSSC) is a voluntary initiative established in 2004 to recognize those schools participating in the National School Lunch Program that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity.
In February 2010, First Lady Michelle Obama introduced Let's Move!, incorporating the HealthierUS School Challenge into her campaign to raise a healthier generation of kids. At the time, monetary incentive awards became available for each HUSSC award level: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Gold Award of Distinction."

According to the White House Office of the Press Secretary, nearly 2,000 chefs have volunteered to help schools in their community become healthier through the Chefs Move to Schools program.[30] However, the impact of said volunteerism remains unknown. Since the inception of the program, results have been mixed for the 12-19 age group.

From the article

The great food grab began in 2010, when President Obama, with Michelle and US Department of Agriculture honchos at his side, signed the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act. At the time, he admitted taking cash from one pocket to feed the other.

Some of the funding [for the lunch program] comes from rolling back temporary increases in food-stamp benefits,” he said, starting in the fall of 2013.

“I’m committed to working with [Congress] to restore these funds in the future.”

And my favorite quote from the article:

It proved to be magical thinking.

Or maybe this one:

One school district’s kids said it “tastes like vomit.”

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Nah, this is the best quote from the source blog:

Justin Bieber is one whorehouse away from an epic meltdown.

Or maybe it's this one:

Are some gals desperate, or just plain stupid?

No, definately THIS one!

And the paper moaned that the Second Circuit Court of Appeals “damaged Judge Scheindlin’s reputation” by kicking her to the curb.

The lady has a way with words!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
What they might want to do is weigh the recipients. Those with more than 30 pounds of extra body fat have their benefits cut. I know, I know. That makes too much sense. Just an idea.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Urantia1111
What they might want to do is weigh the recipients. Those with more than 30 pounds of extra body fat have their benefits cut. I know, I know. That makes too much sense. Just an idea.

Not really a good idea, boxed starchy packaged foods are part of the obesity problem. That's pretty much all food stamps allow for if feeding a family for a month at a time.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Which is why I suggest limiting a person's state subsidized intake of such foods when their physique displays evidence of their overuse. Couldn't they kill two birds with one stone and make food stamps only valid for healthy food?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Urantia1111
reply to post by Bassago

Which is why I suggest limiting a person's state subsidized intake of such foods when their physique displays evidence of their overuse. Couldn't they kill two birds with one stone and make food stamps only valid for healthy food?

Great idea! Sounds totally fool proof, and impossible to ever be abused.

I really like the part where you would decide how much food somebody gets based on how you think their physique looks.

We need less government in our lives, and I think this is a great start!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So you want just enough government to provide the free eats, but not quite enough government to see that its used prudently. Gotcha. I think I understand now.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Bassago

Not really a good idea, boxed starchy packaged foods are part of the obesity problem. That's pretty much all food stamps allow for if feeding a family for a month at a time.

So how about we give them food instead of money? In the great depression, farmers were unable to sell the food they grew because no one had money to buy it. The government stepped in, bought this food and distributed it to the needy in "surplus distributions". This ended with the start of the federal food stamp program in 1932. The idea was the government would give the people the stamps to buy the food with instead. This should have been more efficient and kept the food distribution "local".

Fast forward to farm subsidies and the government is paying the farmers NOT to grow food and distribute it locally .
Also keeping prices for what they do grow artificially high, compounding the problem for the needy. Meanwhile it is still giving out food stamps for people to buy "surplus" food locally. Anybody else see the problem here?

Why don't we go back to the original idea. Instead of paying the farmers not to grow food, lets buy the surplus they can't sell and give the needy that FOOD not plastic cards that can be misused.
edit on 11/11/2013 by Montana because: added info about artificial prices.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

Actually yeah, pretty much.

Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. Either it's good enough for everybody or nobody.

What you propose may sound innocent on the surface, but it is in fact down right Orwellian.

What next can Big Brother judge that we may or may not have?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

So how about we give them food instead of money? In the great depression, farmers were unable to sell the food they grew because no one had money to buy it. The government stepped in, bought this food and distributed it to the needy in "surplus distributions".

Seems like a good plan to me, good food straight from the farm would have to be better than some of the crap people are forced to buy off the shelves. My main concern is that people in the richest country on earth shouldn't go hungry.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I like your idea. The only problem I can see is that farmers can't actually grow Doritos and Ding Dongs and Pepsi. People would be forced to eat fresh fruit and veg. Oh the humanity!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join