It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark taken by bigger predator, what?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Is it possible that the shark died of natural causes or killed by orca, the transmitter connected to a piece of meat sinks to the bottom, eaten by a shark (temperature variance), regurgitated or chewed off then pops to the surface..?

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Squid could do this.

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

pheonix358
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

The brown snake runs away most of the time, perhaps if you are a mouse you could call it a predator!

P

Perhaps they run away, like many Australian snakes, but if disturbed, especially when mating...ooh boy..

www.australiangeographic.com.au...

. Eastern brown snake (Pseudonaja textilis)

Also known as: common brown snake. Found: throughout the eastern half of mainland Australia. Fast-moving, aggressive and known for their bad temper, eastern brown snakes, together with other browns, are responsible for more deaths every year in Australia than any other group of snakes. Not only is their venom ranked as the second most toxic of any land snake in the world (based on tests on mice), they thrive in populated areas, particularly on farms in rural areas with mice. If disturbed, the eastern brown raises its body off the ground, winding into an 'S' shape, mouth gaping open and ready to strike. Its venom causes progressive paralysis and stops the blood from clotting, which may take many doses of antivenom to reverse. Victims may collapse within a few minutes.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

macman

Squid could do this.

Yep quite possible
Must be a very large squid
How big a squid to eat a 4 metre shark is a question worth considering

For mine, I think an unknown sea creature, , yeah probably not but.

posted on Nov, 15 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DBR6281

Thanks for the reply. I've emailed NGC and will post up their response.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is worth a look ... www.youtube.com... ... you will see more when the film airs internationally .. whenever that is!

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

borntowatch

macman

Squid could do this.

Yep quite possible
Must be a very large squid
How big a squid to eat a 4 metre shark is a question worth considering

For mine, I think an unknown sea creature, , yeah probably not but.

Colossal squid can grow pretty large.

This one caught in New Zealand was 33ft long (10m) and was a female juvenile, which would seem to indicate that they can grow much larger:

If the shark was indeed attacked by something larger, my bet would be a colossal squid.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Or the shark died upon release, sank immediately, ended up dead in an area warmed by geothermal springs, and when rotted enough, the device was freed.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Fascinating story, but I am just as intrigued by this little comment in the article as I am by what might have eaten the shark:

An aerial photograph revealed a killer whale pulling along what Museum Victoria squid expert Mark Norman described as either the biggest giant squid on record or something he did not know.

(from the article)

They say that, and don't show us the picture?!?!?

I also am curious as to why they state a squid couldn't have eaten the shark. If the squid was big enough, it seems very possible. Plus, wasn't it an octopus caught on camera in an aquarium eating their sharks? If one of those could, surely a really BIG squid could take out even a big shark, right?

Very interesting story, S&F!

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

how about the mythical KRAKEN

there as to be some truth in all stories so who knows

but to be more realistic maybe something took a bite out of the shark IDK

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

It's right on top, the youtube link posted by BDR6281.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

I am not seeing the link in the thread. Can you repost?

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Here.

posted on Nov, 29 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

Is the Orca winning or the squid?

Can't see the squid myself, could be a shark on its side

PDUK

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marhaba

Well, thank you, but the video is now removed! Don't you just love when that happens?? Frustrating! Thanks, anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

vonclod

well technicaly a great white shark is coldblooded but in fact it does regulate its temperature..it is warmer than the surrounding waters, i will have to fact find what temp they can maintain.
a whale of any sort is not possible due to not surfacing for a week..now there is speculation about megalodon(giant prehistoric shark) still lurking the depths, it was supposed to have died out millions of years ago but a tooth was found within the last hundred years that dated about 10,000 years old..dating method is questioned though. great whites have remained unchanged for millions of years so its plausible that a megalodon can/could of regulated body temp as well.
based on what i can find about the great whites body temp i might go with a bigger great white. i dont believe a squid or octopi can raise their body temp.

edit on 3-11-2013 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

You do not know this. All the given information said was the shark was apparently eaten at 580m. The the temperature of the tag stayed constant at varying depths for a week. At no point are we told it stayed below the surface the entire time. If the researchers are guessing a whale, then they have good reason to believe it was a whale. And access to information we do not.

posted on Jan, 3 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Maybe it was Chuck Norris?

posted on Jan, 4 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

sweeper84
If the tag was external on the shark, is it possible that another creature took only 1 bite at the shark, and doing so, ate the tag with it?
It doesn't have to be something that eat the whole shark.

Amen! My first thoughts.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
So the degrees went up to 26? The internal temperatur of a squid is about 69 degrees.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

maryhinge
there as to be some truth in all stories so who knows

This is untrue. I can make a story up on the spot right now with negligible to zero true content in it. Anyone can.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join