It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.E.T.I. not revealing the truth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
i might agree that they may behideing something because as long as S.E.T.I. has been around they would have had something even small but that is just the way the world works when you the most powerful goverment in the world you can do things like tell them not to release information in to the public domain but i do agree that if they have cound something they should release it for the simple fact that there is no reason for them to hide it i think the world can take it

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Any signal, if located and coordinates leaked would be found by the amateur radio astronomers around the world. It's not only the big boys that can detect signals and amateurs would not necessarily follow the established protocol and would probably launch the find onto the net in short order for others to confirm....

All of the gear is readily available and since the DBS revolution, all those big K-band dishes can be had on the cheap. The software is also available for free so it�s actually quite easy for any interested amateur with a little cash to start their own survey or be ready to independently confirm any signal�.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join