It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Chaps: Gays will force you to let them have sex in your house

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well here's your weekly dose of Homophobia and nonsense:

Source

Former Navy chaplain turned anti-LGBT crusader Gordon “Dr. Chaps” Klingenschmitt sent an email to his supporters attacking the Employee Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA), a federal provision that would provide workplace protections to LGBT people.

According to Right Wing Watch, Klingenschmitt warned in the email that under ENDA, the federal government will “jail the Christians who refuse to celebrate gay weddings” and “bankrupt Christian employers.”

He goes on to say:

According to “Dr. Chaps,” this means, “the militant gays essentially demand ‘let us have sex in your house, or we will kick you out of your house.’”

Yes, all us militant gays who run around trying to have sex in good Christian homes so we can perform devil worship. Didn't you know the Amytiville house was first owned by a group of gays?!

I'm glad hardly anybody pays attention to these people, other than to make fun of them. Those who take these guys seriously are really going to lead sad lives. It must be hard to be sooo scared of everything that doesn't fit your little boxed paradigm.

~Tenth

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pfffffft.

I don't even have sex in my house!

Who the hell is this clown?

But hey, I do have a spare room. Maybe I should charge by the hour??? Capitalism is good right?

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
When they get finished will they be offering decorating tips as well? Gays usually start moving indoors when it gets cold weather but don't worry when Spring rolls around they move back outdoors into their usual habitat.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

seeker1963

Pfffffft.
I don't even have sex in my house!
LOL same here...still laughing

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Somebody should be having sex in my house I guess....

This line of thinking is so ludicrous you can't even comment to make him look bad. He does a good enough job on his own.

There are a lot of things to worry about in this world. What two consenting adults of any sexual persuasion, race, religion, etc. etc. do with/to each other shouldn't even be on the radar IMO.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Really? Wow, just when I thought I head read the most ignorant thing ever, and then there is this bozo. It was a business that was sued. A bed and breakfast has to follow the law just like any other.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Dr. Chaps?!?" Seriously? I wonder if they are the open in the rear kind...he's gonna end up all shades of Ted Haggard by the time we find out everything on this guy. This is even funnier than the "GAY POWERS!" thread from the other day...
Link forthcoming...I'm too busy laughing at this one...too...hard..to typ ed e...sounding...like ...Shatner

edit on 24-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2013 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'd just like to have sex in my own house, walk down the street with my boyfriend, hold a job without being overtly harassed, maybe have a nice wedding on a beach far away from judgmental "Christians" or any other extremists and their churches.

Ok class, please open your bibles and turn to the page in which it says not to be a hypocrite. Now stop trying to preach your religion in my home and workplace. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Someone that phobic has got to be.... secretly GAY. You know, the preachers who preach away yet when the wifes away, if they even have one, they go on Craigslist or Squirt, and PLAY!

Topic totally sounds like a fantasy (or favorite hobby) of that bloody pig.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Someone that phobic has got to be.... secretly GAY. You know, the preachers who preach away yet when the wifes away, if they even have one, they go on Craigslist or Squirt, and PLAY!

BINGO!!!!!

Those whom I know whom act that way usually turn out down the road to admit they are gay!! Their own fear of their internal struggle with their sexuality usually makes them the biggest haters of their fears!

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

gardener

TBH, that argument gets thrown around so much, it's got almost no validity. Not that it's not true in some instances, but the fact that you are literally hateful towards person, based on their sexuality is just too much on it's own.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A pastor or evangelist who condemns gays on TV left and right, for all the public to follow, eventually found to have gay lovers and what not aside from his wife.

Just one true story of many. There is an observance that has become an idiom, and that is that egotistic ppl tend to project onto others, what they hate about themselves.

^Studies have found this too, by the way.
edit on 24-10-2013 by gardener because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

tothetenthpower

gardener

TBH, that argument gets thrown around so much, it's got almost no validity. Not that it's not true in some instances, but the fact that you are literally hateful towards person, based on their sexuality is just too much on it's own.

~Tenth

TTTP, I have to disagree, many religious and moral crusaders are always fighting something they see in themselves.

From the preacher who buys boy prostitutes to the cop who arrests people they think are evil (while simultaneously being evil.)

Hate is bred from something we hate inside of ourselves. I would hazard to guess it's true more often than not. Sadly.

Cheers.

Edit to add: On a personal level, people may know me to hate the willfully ignorant. The people who fall prey to scams. Anyone who might be blindsided by rhetoric and politics.

I presume because in my youth that was me. And, my biggest fear is to have been had in my elder years. Makes sense.

Although my hate is usually directed in providing information, clearing up matters, or if I am bound by politics, teaching at a mentor/protege level.

Far more constructive than a crusade.
edit on 24-10-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

A B&B is just like any hotel/motel: "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone."

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Maybe so.

But confronting them with their own self identity issues, whatever they may be, isn't the proper way of winning an argument with these people. It requires a logical and sensible approach based on their own set of arguments they gleam from wherever.

The conversation never changes when the two sides aren't really talking, but just yelling obscenities at each other from across the pond.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

gardener

tothetenthpower

~Tenth

It's also pretty offensive in itself. It reinforces the stigma towards homosexuality, implying that there must be something wrong with them for them to be so hateful. As if it's not enough for them to be controlling, intolerant d-bags, nope they must be gay too. They're just as bad as us.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Why does it matter what this guys says? He can say what
ever he wants,. If you don't like it stop reading.

Are we planning on dragging every living soul that has some ill
feelings towards homosexuallity out in the steet for a public linching?

Who ever gave this clown airtime isn't worth the attention so leave it
alone.

Targetting people for their views is no different than targeting
them for their sexual orientantion.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Too add, tolerance of hypocrisy is an outstanding issue. So, to avoid confronting the hypocrisy, in a way, allows it.

An example would be, the Catholic Church and its millenia long tolerance of widespread sex abuse among its priests. Sad, and I dont know why there is such a lustful affinity there despite the stark religious belief against it; but it is there, grand hypocrisy.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

Maybe so.

But confronting them with their own self identity issues, whatever they may be, isn't the proper way of winning an argument with these people. It requires a logical and sensible approach based on their own set of arguments they gleam from wherever.

The conversation never changes when the two sides aren't really talking, but just yelling obscenities at each other from across the pond.

~Tenth

I'm not sure you can debate a matter when the provocation has not been addressed. If that were the case, someone might mention to the medical/justice establishment that the father of modern surgery was addicted to a variety of drugs considered to be enough to have thrown him in jail for life, or that the man who decrypted the human genome, should have been stripped of all his professional accomplishments because of his experimentation with Larry Sammy Disco, but in mentioning this, you would have to address the fact that personal choices DO NOT destroy a man's life's labour, it does not invalidate his accomplishments, that people are people and should be free to choose as they see fit and their contributions to the world should stand whether we know or don't know what goes on in their personal life.

I know I have steered the conversation away from sexuality, but my point is the same. One massive industry, which can totally destroy a person's life, is able to run around, spread their word in every school and home in the country, and if they had their way, some of the greatest minds would not have accomplished what they did, they would have ended up in lock up early in their careers, and they would have failed by simple force of will against them.

I think the best way to ask yourself if a set of laws or rules is fair, is to ask yourself if it were implemented perfectly, how would things turn out?

Now, run with that. If all gays, should be locked up, or put to death, how many exactly would this happen to? And how many family members would we have fall victim? How many great contributions to man would be lost?

You could quantify this answer by calculating every contribution to mankind that any gay person has made. I believe any rational person would find that the solution is a far greater detriment than the problem. The same would go with the drug war.

Hopefully I have stayed within T&C.

My reference to the drug war is simply because it is another issue, which has never addressed the root problems. And it's been over a lifetime with little progress made.

posted on Oct, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Why does it matter what this guys says? He can say what
ever he wants,. If you don't like it stop reading.

Are we planning on dragging every living soul that has some ill
feelings towards homosexuallity out in the steet for a public linching?

Who ever gave this clown airtime isn't worth the attention so leave it
alone.

Targetting people for their views is no different than targeting
them for their sexual orientantion.

It would be one thing if someone had personal views, but mostly kept it to themselves. It's quite another when someone (as this Dr. Chaps does) constantly goes out in public broadcasting their narrow-minded, downright harmful views. If he's going to put himself out there, spewing his nonsense -- he should expect a response.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join