It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet Mama Jade

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Warning, this story is not for people that are easily disturbed, and probably not for some that aren't easily disturbed.

This is the story of Mama Jade, a truly amazing Pitbull, that as the articles about her say, will break your heart, and restore your faith in humanity.

One night last week, a young woman who works at an animal hospital received a text from her roommate, about a dog that had walked up to him, that was in very bad shape, and needed help. She told him to put her in a crate, and she would be home shortly to look at her, and to try to help her.

When she arrived home, Mama Jade struggled up to her, wagging her tail, and pressed her head into her chest, as if to say, please help me. What the woman found when she examined her horrified her.

All four paws had pressure sores at the joints that ruptured whenever she touched anything, from laying on nothing but concrete and wire mesh. Her neck had open wounds from where the rope she was tied up with had bitten into her flesh repeatedly. There were signs that she had been bred relentlessly. She had fresh bite marks around her muzzle that let the woman know that not only was this a breeding dog, but she was also used as a bait dog. Probably one of the most horrifying things was found when she went to check her teeth to try to determine how old she was. When she opened her mouth, she found that most of her teeth were missing, not because she broke them chewing on wire, but because she was held down, while they were ripped out of her mouth. How could she tell? The few teeth that remained had been filed down, so that if she fought back she couldn't hurt the fighting dogs.

In spite of this horrifying torture, Mama Jade still thinks that people are wonderful, and absolutely loves to get attention, and give love to people, whether she knows them or not.

After a check up at the animal hospital where she works however, the bad news for Mama Jade continued. A thorough check revealed that she had breast cancer in both mammary tracts. The decision was made to put her down, and end her misery as humanely as possible, and finally give her peace.

However, at the last minute they decided to wait until the next day to do it. That night, the woman went home, and in a moment of rage, put an ad on Craigslist titled "Your pitbull found me and I'm not giving her back". She went on to describe the horrifying injuries the dog had suffered, and how she'd finally be at peace.

Within a few hours however, her story exploded across Craigslist, and the emails began pouring in from people wanting to help. From children with allowance money saved up (one email told about a woman's 8 year old son who had $5 he wanted to send), to food donations from companies to help her.

So the decision has been made to try to treat her, and save her life. She'll have to undergo a double mastectomy, immediately, which will be risky, as it's been determined that she is also in the early stages of heartworms, but one of the tumors is starting to break through the skin, so they have to remove it immediately.

A fund raising page has been set up, and the news has made it as far as Australia. For being from a breed everyone labels vicious, and being pushed so far past the breaking point you can't even see it anymore, Mama Jade is still a loving, and wonderful dog, who deserves a long and peaceful life.

Personally, I would love to hunt down the person that did this to her, and give them a taste of what it's like to live that way. Inflict every injury on them that they inflicted on her.

You can see on her Facebook page, that despite going through all this, and only being a week or so out of those living conditions, that she's a very trusting, and happy dog. I only hope they can save her, and someone takes her to somewhere she can lay around all day, and have wonderful living conditions. I will pray every night that the sick and twisted individual that did this finds their own special kind of hell.

Mama Jade

www.ryot.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

When I lived in San Antonio there was a little "celebrity" duck named George(actually a female but...eh) and some guys were caught on film killing the poor thing. Here's the Facebook...www.facebook.com...

I never understand some people and their behavior toward animals.

Just like I don't understand people who abuse children and infants. The world is full of people with some horrible behavior.
edit on 9/10/13 by JAK because: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Makes you hate people sometimes doesn't.. I will get docked for the one liner but it is worth it!

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Sad story, great ending!

Im so sick of folks who treat animals this way. This goes for children also.

If you cant take care of them 100% ,

DONT HAVE THEM!

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
What a heart breaking story with such a warm ending. I hope she recovers quickly and is able to enjoy the rest of her life in a loving home.

I found this article just before I came upon your thread, also a heartbreaking, but hopefully happy ending.

Animal Shelter hopes to heal abandoned puppy’s broken heart before time runs out

This little guy has faced way too much hurt in his short 5 moths of life, dropped off at the spca animal shelter he was flea infested and emaciated and started to crash that very night. They got him through that but he suffers from a health defect that will end his life within a year if not treated. The shelter went public with their story not wanting to just throw away a sweet little pup, and the outpouring from the public has raised their confidence that they will be able to help him before his time runs out

“Eeyore the Winnie the Pooh character had trouble with his tail, and our Eeyore has trouble with his heart,” Dunlap said. “He was thrown away once, and we promised that we’re not going to throw him away – we’re going to give him a chance.” Click here for more information on the Eeyore fundraiser Eeyore's Happily Ever After.

Checking the site it appears they have reached their goal in donations. I hope his surgery goes well and he is able to live out the rest of his life in comfort and some romping puppy fun that he's missed out on in his short life

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Ugh, I do hope they find the disgusting (I won't even call them human beings) that did this. She looks like a sweet lovely dog. So sick of people bit****g about bull breeds, when I have known a lab thats torn my grandmothers arm in half. It's not about the breed, it's about how the dog is treated, trained and raised.

I hope she gets better with treatment.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
So sad
I hope she's able to be happy the rest of her life and to know what it is to be loved. Poor dog

I just can't understand some people. I just can't. I try to not hate anyone or to not wish harm on anyone, but sometimes it's really, really difficult. Hopefully whoever did this will regret it one day. Or at the very least, they'll be prevented from being near an animal ever again.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I kinda wish I hadn't read that story that is terrible that an animal can be treated that way......what sick mofo's that do these things...,especially to a dog they are so much better than human beings will ever be.......

dogs love unconditionally something we as people could learn from......amazing after all that miss-treatment this dog still is trusting and loving....I really hope she recovers and has a happy life...

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

727Sky
Makes you hate people sometimes doesn't.. I will get docked for the one liner but it is worth it!

one liners are allowed when relevant

and mama jade was the victim of an obvious psychopath[s]
so don't blame the rest of us for her despicable treatment at the hands of such

that said I'd pay good money to see these psychos hogtied and dumped into a hole full of their own specially trained/bred
pit-bulls. preferably mama jade's own kids.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What a lovely lovely dog,thank you for sharing this,i am too sad to say much more right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There are far too many people like that in this world. It's why the world is as it is. It's just a short trip from treating animals in this fashion, to treating people in this fashion. ...and sometimes they don't bother starting with a dog...

Poor little dog. Hope she recovers to lead a full and uneventful life, filled with love. Seems only fair.

I pity people that would do something like this. Don't get me wrong, I also despise them. But I pity them, because they lack that little something that makes one a good person. Compassion for those smaller, and weaker than yourself. They find it easy to do this, 'cause it seems to fill them with a sense of power, something that they lack in their own lives.

Child molesters. Animal abusers. Elder abusers. Rapists. It's all about power, and rage. A need for it, because they lack anything even resembling it in their day to day lives. This is how they fill that need. ...and rage, because of how they think the world has treated them.

If these people are found, and I truly hope they are, it's all too likely that it'll come out that they themselves have been abused in some fashion or form. Possibly not, but I'd not bet against it. That, too, I pity.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Her first surgery will be Monday. They're going to spay her, and remove one mammary chain, then let her heal for three weeks, before removing the other.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I was so scared to open the links for fear of seeing Mama Jade in the grotesque manner you described and after seeing the pictures that are linked, I think I feel worse than if they had been grotesque only because as a genuine lover of Pitbulls,I couldn't believe just how beautiful Mama Jade is and how someone could do such horrible things to such a beautiful dog.

Best wishes of peace profound to Mama Jade!
edit on 11-10-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I have owned one for a year now, and I'm shocked at how trusting she is with everyone, despite all that was done to her. Just about every picture of her she's grinning, and just seems so happy and well adjusted. Her neck looks like it's healing well in the latest pictures.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Her neck looks like it's healing well in the latest pictures.

I noticed the same also.

My Pit is only about 7 1/2 to 8 months old. She still gots a lot of puppy in her so she is a hand full at times. What I love most about her is she gets so excited to see me or anyone that she wags her butt (no tail) so hard that she can't even keep herself on the ground, it's absolutely crazy to watch. She is obsessed with being loved and nothing more. So much so she can't control her blatter and has accidents when new people come over.

In my opinion, all Pit's are capable of this love. All you need to do is reciprocate that love.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Ours is right at a year now and is the same way, minus the accidents. We're still trying to teach him to stop trying to mouth people though. We kept his ears and tail, which confuses people because he's all black.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
make the pitbull species extinct.
i think even if you like pitbulls you would/should agree. they have no use. 99% of pitbull owners are morons.

i llike animals as much as anyone, but theyre a pointless animal. yes the owners are to blame,
but were not aloud to kill stupid people.
every propblem dog story you read will be about a pit bull derivative.
its not a coincidence.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Mine still has the ears and the tail was cropped before I got her. She is brindel so theres no mistaking her breed.

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Um, yeah, so.....nevermind. not worth the ATS point reduction.........

posted on Oct, 11 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Seems that Mama Jade will be taken care of.

Unfortunately the vast majority of animals, birds, anything that is not human is seen as a commodity by about 90 percent of the worlds population. Has any one ever considered a dog in a military, university or corporate research lab? Mama Jade had a chance at seeing the light of day, tens of thousands of others will not.

The meat we eat is filled with even greater cruelty. Most of the products we by have been stained with cruelty.

In honor of Mama Jade, consider how much cruelty by default you create.

A very touching story S&F.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join